Hospital Distance

10 mins by Car... on a good day. At least am due when the footie season is over. I live close to the Arsenal Stadium. Its not fun to get anywhere on a match day, 60,000 extra people walking around!!

im about half a mile from my hospital, and theres never traffic on the road its on, so i'd say its a 60 second drive lol! and if thats not lucky enough i actually work there, so i know my way round very well lol!

bad thing for me is that i cant drive (boo-frickin-hoo) but i have my partner and my dad who can take me yay! xx

It would take me about 40 minutes in a car but ill have to get someone to take me because i cant drive.

I have a choice of two, both 20mins(traffic depending)

about 13/14 miles I thought that was bad enough until I read this post it's crazy that some of you have to travel so far.

I'm 10-15 mins away in the car but I'm not from round here so without TomTom it'd be more like an hour with my map-reading skills! I hadn't actually given any thought to how I'd get to hospital. I kind of assumed that I'd go into labour and my husband would drive me. I didn't consider that he might be at work and it takes him at least an hour to get home! If I needed to get in quickly, it'd be a case of meeting him there I think. I suppose I could drive myself but parking is so expensive there that it'd probably be cheaper just to get a taxi, though I have no idea how much that would cost around here.

10 min walk for me, in fact, if I go into labour during the day I may even walk there... early september the weather shud b nice for it and may help get things progressed... AND saves on parking!!

i live about 5 mins from the maternity unit. hubby works 15 mins away from house. just hoping i dont go into labour on my last few days at work as its an hour for hubby to pick me up. (i have had nightmares!!)

well i have a choice btwn 2 clinics, we don t go to hospitals here but rather to clinics.
so one of them is 5 mns away and the other less than 10 mns.
i guess am pretty close to both.
and knowing how my husband could drive i ll say i ll be there in no time when the baby s gonna be coming

One is about 20 mins and the other hosp is about 40 mins away. We are going to tour them both, because my doctor delivers at both. If the one that is 40 mins away has a nicer facility I will go to that one instead of the closer one!

Mine's about 3 miles away down a straight road so 5 mins trip in car! (I don't drive but OH does and works 30 mins away) I too can't believe how far some of you guys are away!

We live right smack in the middle between 2 hospitals, 16 mile trip either way.

They moved maternity services away from my local hospital so it was 10 mins but now a 40-60 depending on traffic.

I reckon if in doubt get an ambulance!!

When I was having my first baby it was the petrol strike so all the neighbours kept a tank full in case I needed a ride on B-day - nice eh?

Same here - mine was Huddersfield but now I have to travel to Halifax and the Elland Bypass is very bad news in the rush hour!!

About 25 mins away, dependent on traffic! I thought that was quite far, but some of you are really far away, I feel for you girls!

xx

I live 30/40 mins away from the local hospital, I only had a 36mins labour with my DS. :rofl:

But spent the evening/morning at my parents who live 5 mins walk away from the hospital. Just to be on the safe side; I'm thinking of doing the same again...:blush:

MW keeps asking me to consider a home birth, I've 2 cats and 1 dog and tbh the thought of a home birth really makes me cringe. :dohh: I can see it now all the different animals heads wanting to be in where I won't want them to be anywhere near...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I registered up Essex first (where partner is) but to changed details as me and him aren;t 100% ok and plus the place he has is not big enough for a baby.That hospital was 10 mins by car from his place.

Now though iam at my mums in Kent (hour from essex) and the hospital id like to go to is about 20 mins away (i think) depending on traffic etc but its an easy route to get there.

About 10-15mins by car. Am hoping for a home birth but feel reassurred that if that doesn't work out it should be quite simple to get to the hospital. DH is definitely more reassurred by that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->