Housing benefit to be scrapped for the under 25's

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eckless-25s-declares-war-welfare-culture.html

I would have thought there will be exceptions,for example those with children exempt...

I think the system needs a lot of changing. As a family we seem to get completely screwed over, my partner and I decided that we would rather bring up our children ourselves rather than relying on other people to care for them, while my partner works full time. This means we get no help, the council say we earn to much to get a house yet we dont earn enough to private rent. Everyone else seems to get everything handed to them.

I think it is going a bit far, I think it is reasonable for 18-25 year olds to get LHA to cover a room in a shared house, which is the current system, isn't it? I don't think they should automatically be entitled to LHA to cover a flat but a flatshare. I though once you hit 18 parents had no legal responsibility for you?

I think for a single person under a certain age it is a room or flat share yep.

There are people upstairs from us,about 4 in a 2 bedroom flat...no kids,don't work...that flat should be for a family :nope:

Omg im nearly crying reading this if this happens and i cant find a fulltime job and pay to put my daughter into childcare while i work then we would have to leave our flat and move in with my mum which would also mean my dog would most likely have to be put to sleep as my mums allergic and he has serious issues with men and strangers which would make him unsuitable for rehoming. I really hope they dont do this to single mums its completly rediculous. Im guessing my idea to go back to school and become a teacher has just gone out the window. Thanks david cameron you useless waste of space cant believe i voted conservative can garuntee that will never happen again. I actually miss labour being in power now :'(

I think it's the workshy they are aiming it at hun :hugs: if you have a child I can't see it affecting you :hugs:

It's the one's like the people upstairs from me..they don't need a council flat,like I say,it should be for a family xx

I'm outraged - how can a single mum work in a minimum wage job, pay for childcare and pay for rent? I'm lucky that I don't need housing benefit right now but if I split up with my OH, I'd be royally fucked.

Omg im nearly crying reading this if this happens and i cant find a fulltime job and pay to put my daughter into childcare while i work then we would have to leave our flat and move in with my mum which would also mean my dog would most likely have to be put to sleep as my mums allergic and he has serious issues with men and strangers which would make him unsuitable for rehoming. I really hope they dont do this to single mums its completly rediculous. Im guessing my idea to go back to school and become a teacher has just gone out the window. Thanks david cameron you useless waste of space cant believe i voted conservative can garuntee that will never happen again. I actually miss labour being in power now :'(

I dont think this will apply to single people with kids from what I have read

To me it sounds like a good idea, but we will have to see how it pans out I suppose something has to be done to save money and get this country out of the shit hole it is in

The bit about people not having a CV ready...they ask you for one already..I had to email mine to the jobcentre,before I got my first payment xx

Interesting. I understand why they are doing it, the only problem is what if parents dont want a child in their home after the age of eighteen or they fall out at twenty, or whatever? Lots of people wouldnt be able to afford the stupid costs of rent :s

Interesting. I understand why they are doing it, the only problem is what if parents dont want a child in their home after the age of eighteen or they fall out at twenty, or whatever? Lots of people wouldnt be able to afford the stupid costs of rent :s

Then they get a job :shrug: I was working at 16 years old..that's thing with kids these days,they wait until the situation is on top of them before thinking..shit....

A couple will say, “We are engaged, we are both living with our parents, we are trying to save before we get married and have children and be good parents. But how does it make us feel, Mr Cameron, when we see someone who goes ahead, has the child, gets the council home, gets the help that isn’t available to us?”’

'This is a difficult area but it is right to pose questions about it. At the moment the system encourages people not to work and have children, but we should help people to work AND have children.’

- think it will apply to people with kids

because they're are plenty of well-paid jobs and cheap property to buy for young people? sorry I think this is so out of touch

I didnt mean if they were unemployed, I meant those that are working. It costs a fortune to rent here.

I didnt mean if they were unemployed, I meant those that are working. It costs a fortune to rent here.

was that at me? because I was being sarcastic aha, I agree with you

Then they get a job :shrug: I was working at 16 years old..that's thing with kids these days,they wait until the situation is on top of them before thinking..shit....

I started looking for a job at 16 and didn't get one until I was 17 and a half - one vacancy I applied for was at a sandwich shop and the woman recieved 200 applications! for one job! I now work at a chip shop for two nights a week, my friend referred me for the job but if I hadn't gone through that she informed me they would have been receiving at least 20 phone calls a day about that vacancy. It's not easy these days - and also retail companies don't want to employ people full time to avoid paying N.I conributions - you can't work full time at Topshop for example.

was that at me? because I was being sarcastic aha, I agree with you

:rofl: nope, sorry. Should of quoted, I meant it in reply to the then they get a job :thumbup:

I'm sorry but there are jobs available for those at school...it shows they have a work ethic early on..and from experience it's easier to get a job when you have a job-before anyone takes that as a dig,Dean was unemployed for 2 years,I know how hard it is.

I totally agree with welfare reform, but not sure this idea is workable. I can't see it being implemented!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->