How did you announce BFP to husband?

ckylesworld

Reaction score
Im hoping to get a BFP soon and really would like to hear cool and creative ways to tell hubby. Anyone have any ideas?

The one I like best so far is to make him a card and on the outside put "Your are my lover, my best freind and my husband...open it up and put and now a DADDY!"

Before I went to work I stopped by a maternity clothing store and bought a shirt that said "mommy in training". When I got home from work that evening I walked in the house wearing it.

I wish I'd done something as creative! I walked upstairs with the 3 pregnancy test (1 clearblue) and said..."I think you need to turn over", he did and I showed him the tests. He did a double take which was hilarious and then pulled me in for a :hugs:

Well it didn't turn out that great. I was expecting him to see and have a big reaction. Like "Oh my God!!!! You're Pregnant?!" or run up and give me a giant hug or something. Instead he had such a blank look on his face and said very calmly "Are you pregnant?". He wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly and I think he was too shocked to act shocked.:haha:

I have been thinking about that too lol when I get my bfp(hopefully this week!) I'm thinking of making a special dinner and wrap his knife and fork in a "I love you daddy" bib LOL then if he doesn't get it, I'll give him the test.

I know I won't get a chance to 'surprise' him - he'll want to be there when I test! lol He hates the idea of me doing it alone - he'll be waiting outside the door and shouting through :p

I had that tinkalink! He couldn't wait so burst in lol x

With my first pregnancy I went and bought a baby bottle...put the hpt inside. When I got home from work that night I told hubby there's something in my bag for him..he thought it was sweets...well, he was sooo excited when he saw the bottle and hpt!

I bought a onesie that said "I Love My Daddy" and I showed it to him when he got home. :cloud9:

I walked out of the bathroom and handed him the test. Creative! I know! :winkwink:

I plan on telling him "i have something i need you to add to your calendar, go to xx/xx/xx and the event is Jr's due date!"

Love all these. I went screaming through the house and DH was on the toilet :haha: and I bursted in and said "omg it says pregnant!"

Maybe TMI here sorry... ha

I went to do my test and as soon as i had 1 cheek on the toilet i heard well?????????? then, let me in to see then!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..

Was so funny he was convinced i was pregnant before the test.

How I've always wanted to tell my OH was around christmas time, to wrap up the test and put it under the tree. Unfortunatly, I always found out after christmas, lol. This time around, we went to the drug store together and picked the FRER test and I came home and tested. While he was fixing his dinner, I came out of the bathroom and he said what did it say. I showed him the test, and his reaction was "hmmm". That was it. I was like, umm honey I was hoping for a better reaction than that. He said to me that he already knew I was pregnant just by my actions for the last 3 weeks.

I wished he would have acted a little more surprised, lol.

If I catch this month I will wrap up the test for a fathers day present

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"