How did you announce BFP to husband?

hahaaha i was far too excited to plan anything, went right to my fiancees job while he was currently under a car (he is a mechanic) and said IM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!! and he wheeled right out of there, jumped up to hug me and hit his head on the car. oopsies. unfortunately we lost our daughter at 23 weeks. this time i will plan more carefully of how to tell him

I'm so glad you created this thread these are awesome ideas, I'm going to be a June tester so hopefully i can use one of these ideas soon...

I made a birthday card for DH saying on his birthday we'd be able to tell people that I'm pregnant. He was confused at first because his birthday is in July but then he understood, I should be 12 weeks then!

I've been trying to think of ways to surprise my OH when I get pregnant!!so far my plan is to write on my tummy how far I am,what the foetus will be growing,and draw the size of it e.g apple seed etc...and then write hello daddy underneath!!so when it comes to getting changed or whatever he'll see it :) xx

I put a bun in the oven and asked DH to check the oven for me while I was getting lunches ready. It took a minute but he caught on pretty quickly!! lol

Lol! I was so shook up I couldn't even think to do anything sweet. I was shaking so bad I couldn't even stand up to show him. I had to put the toilet seat down and sit back down and called him in from sleeping to the bathroom and just handed it to him.

I had a positive opk test first and he wouldn't believe it could be detecting HCG as well as LH.

Then yesterday I had 2 BFP's on strips, and he said he'd be convinced when the doctor tells us!

Then this morning I had two very prominent lines on two different tests... he's convinced now ;) I didn't do anything particularly special - I just said "DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW??" and stuffed the tests under his nose :) I'm going to get him a fathers day card from little bean though :)

I had a positive opk test first and he wouldn't believe it could be detecting HCG as well as LH.

Then yesterday I had 2 BFP's on strips, and he said he'd be convinced when the doctor tells us!

Then this morning I had two very prominent lines on two different tests... he's convinced now ;) I didn't do anything particularly special - I just said "DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW??" and stuffed the tests under his nose :) I'm going to get him a fathers day card from little bean though :)

i love the fathers day card from the bean....super cute!!! :thumbup:

i have been scouring etsy for father's day cards from "the bump" but they don't exist - hidden business opportunity for somebody?? ;)

i have been scouring etsy for father's day cards from "the bump" but they don't exist - hidden business opportunity for somebody?? ;)

Try www.moonpig.com. You can upload a pic and make ur own card. I made my sis a mothers day card a few years back with her scan picture. Xx

I don't know where you're from but in the UK we have 'daddy-to-be' fathers day cards xx

Even though we're still TTC, I saw a father's day tshirt in Tesco the other day that says "I'm the Daddy". So I bought it lol. It's rolled up and stuffed at the back of my wardrobe so he won't come across it until the day I hopefully give it to him :p

We are still TTC but I have ordered a "countdown to new baby timer and clock" It does a countdown of days, hours, minutes and seconds until the baby arrives. I plan to set it with the due date once I get my :bfp: I will then wrap it up and give it to him as a "just because" gift. It was only $12.00 from EBAY.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Countdown-New-Baby-Timer-and-Clock-/180793586527#vi-content

We are still TTC but I have ordered a "countdown to new baby timer and clock" It does a countdown of days, hours, minutes and seconds until the baby arrives. I plan to set it with the due date once I get my :bfp: I will then wrap it up and give it to him as a "just because" gift. It was only $12.00 from EBAY.

Here is the link if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Countdown-New-Baby-Timer-and-Clock-/180793586527#vi-content

I looooooooove this idea and will be buying this

I need those cards! Thanks for the moonpig tip :)

i got one from moonpig... says happy fathers day daddy, from the bump. Click on the link straight to fathers day cards and i think its in the 'cute' section :) i put a pic of a bfp on the front :) if i get my bfp ill pop tht in the envelope too!!

I just found out a few days ago!! I ordered a few things when we started trying, and put them in a gift bag with the positive tests at the bottom. I got the book called, "MY BOYS CAN SWIM!!" It's a hilarious men's guide to pregnancy. I also got a shirt that says, "Be nice to me, the queen is pregnant. " :)

I know this is not how my sister-in-law told her husband, but she told the family by making a cake (or it could be bread or rolls) and put in a pacificer in a "specific" persons portion (before baking) in order for the person to "find out. " That was pretty cool, especially because no one was expecting any pregnancy, much less a pacifier in their food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->