How did you announce BFP to husband?

The first time, I told him with a onesie that said I Love Dad on it. It took him a while to figure it out though, lol. I had put the onesie in a big clear plastic cup and told him I was thirsty, could he please get me a drink? He was reaching around THE cup, and I said, no I want it in 'specific' cup. He pulled it out awkwardly and looked at it in shock and said, Are you?? Really???!? Lol. Priceless.

This next time I plan on wearing a tank I got last time that says Babylicious on it and having our son wear a Big Brother shirt and see how long it takes him to figure it out, lol. Shouldn't be as shocking this time as we are actively trying, he'll know when I'm testing, etc:)

The first time, I told him with a onesie that said I Love Dad on it. It took him a while to figure it out though, lol. I had put the onesie in a big clear plastic cup and told him I was thirsty, could he please get me a drink? He was reaching around THE cup, and I said, no I want it in 'specific' cup. He pulled it out awkwardly and looked at it in shock and said, Are you?? Really???!? Lol. Priceless.

This next time I plan on wearing a tank I got last time that says Babylicious on it and having our son wear a Big Brother shirt and see how long it takes him to figure it out, lol. Shouldn't be as shocking this time as we are actively trying, he'll know when I'm testing, etc:)

love all your ideas! :)

I bought a onesie that says "Daddy loves me more than zombies love brains." We're both huge horror movie fans, so it fits. The plan had been just to give it to him, but since we've bought a few baby things already I think I'm going to have to throw in the HPT too so he knows that I'm not playing around.

Ran downstairs a blubbing snotty mess waving my pee covered test in his face lol

Well, we didn't want anymore, so 2 days after AF was due I told him I was 2 days late. I'm never late, so he knew what that meant. So, then I went in the bathroom, peed on a FRER for him, and immediately came back out so he could see the results appear.
What I didn't tell him, was I'd had a dream about getting a BFP 5 days earlier (at 11 dpo) and had already tested then and gotten a positive.
We were on vacation, so I didn't want to ruin his vacation with the news.

With my son, I was afraid to tell him. We hadn't been trying, and it was a total shock. I didn't even think I was pregnant (turned out I was almost 20 weeks!)
I walked into the bedroom and he was facing the dresser looking for something. I said, "Hey hun, I think I need to start eating better." He said, "Why? You don't need to lose weight." I held up the test and he didn't even need to take a second look. He just hugged me and immediately ran out to the living room to tell his father who was helping him paint the living room.

I wish I did something creative but when I saw the :bfp: I was in shock. I just went upstairs and had OH come look at it too and then asked him if he saw a line. I thought for sure I was imagining it.

My husband and I went to the store and got 2 hpts and I tested as soon as we got home. So we were both surprised with the BFP. :D I took it to him and showed him. He didn't say anything, he just hugged me. I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. Lol.

With my second I put a white shirt our son with the words "I'm a big brother!" and sent him over to my husband. I ended up having to tell him to read the shirt but his reaction was priceless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->