How did you announce BFP to husband?

First time around it was OH that told me! I POAS and chucked it on the side and got back into bed..a while later he came in and picked the test up and said ''Did you know this has 2 lines on it?'' I shot up out of bed it did indeed have 2 lines and after a rip to the chemist for their entier stock of tests later it sunk in a little lol.
This time we had not actively TTC that month, so I got my BFP alone. Later that day I went to meet OH, as we were walking home I said ''So, funny story...'' and handed him a FRER. He asked if it was from Jacob, so I said no I did it today the same time as these and handed him a bunch more. He was in shock for a while then lol

It was two days before his birthday, so I wrapped the test in bday paper and gave it to him as an early birthday gift! Surprise!

I only hope eventually I get to tell him, I will probably just scream in shock.

I bought a onesie that said I <3 daddy and in the heart I wrote the hb from the sono that day :)

Ive had many months to think about how to tell hubby:
I plan to cook a baby themed meal and see if he catches on (ie baby back ribs,baby carrots ect,) if he doesnt get it seve him pickles and ice cream for dessert,,,if he still doest get it throw hpt at him :dohh:
well assuming I ever get my chance LOL!!!!

Ive had many months to think about how to tell hubby:
I plan to cook a baby themed meal and see if he catches on (ie baby back ribs,baby carrots ect,) if he doesnt get it seve him pickles and ice cream for dessert,,,if he still doest get it throw hpt at him :dohh:
well assuming I ever get my chance LOL!!!!

love this! too funny :)

I have had mine planned since our first month of ttc..so hopefully i'll get to use it soon! I've got a treasure hunt to put out for him eg 'go to bathroom' (finds next clue) 'go to laundry' (finds next clue)....the last one will be go to oven, and I will put a bun in it, so when he turns around, I can say 'oh my god baby...we've got a bun in our oven!!'

I've been so excited about it, and have also been starting to get a bit skeptical about whether I will know for certain or not after seeing how many people get faint positives, so if he already know I might be, I think I'll wait till I know and then tell him I have been doing something to distract myself from testing so he has to go along with it without being too suss....

hopefully it will be in the next week or so!!

lovely ideas ladies... thankx..

I have had mine planned since our first month of ttc..so hopefully i'll get to use it soon! I've got a treasure hunt to put out for him eg 'go to bathroom' (finds next clue) 'go to laundry' (finds next clue)....the last one will be go to oven, and I will put a bun in it, so when he turns around, I can say 'oh my god baby...we've got a bun in our oven!!'

I've been so excited about it, and have also been starting to get a bit skeptical about whether I will know for certain or not after seeing how many people get faint positives, so if he already know I might be, I think I'll wait till I know and then tell him I have been doing something to distract myself from testing so he has to go along with it without being too suss....

hopefully it will be in the next week or so!!

so cute and very creative!

Our twin boys weren't exactly planned. My period was 3 days late when I did a test on my lunch break at work. A friend/colleague of mine came into the bathroom as I was waiting for the result. She started freaking out and after we got the results I rang Nate, I told him I had something to tell him later but then of course my friend burst out ''She's pregnant she's pregnant'' right as another colleague came in... Nate was so silent and so I thought he was going to be angry or something, but he was delighted and couldn't wait to tell everyone.
With this baby I took the test myself. I intended on showing him as soon as he got in. He was late home and I had to go and collect the boys, so I just left it on top of the bed with a sticky note with a heart scribbled on it!

I love some of these. Thanks for all the ideas, i' m going to try do something special next time (already thinking ahead) please god!

:thumbup:

Our twin boys weren't exactly planned. My period was 3 days late when I did a test on my lunch break at work. A friend/colleague of mine came into the bathroom as I was waiting for the result. She started freaking out and after we got the results I rang Nate, I told him I had something to tell him later but then of course my friend burst out ''She's pregnant she's pregnant'' right as another colleague came in... Nate was so silent and so I thought he was going to be angry or something, but he was delighted and couldn't wait to tell everyone.
With this baby I took the test myself. I intended on showing him as soon as he got in. He was late home and I had to go and collect the boys, so I just left it on top of the bed with a sticky note with a heart scribbled on it!

I love some of these. Thanks for all the ideas, i' m going to try do something special next time (already thinking a head) please god!

:thumbup:

awesome :)

I thought about picking up the tiniest pair of baby shoes I could find and putting them in his work shoes so that he finds them as he's getting ready in the morning for work since it will be fmu and all.... or if I get creative make a onsie that says 'Tato's lil' Drummer' (tato is daddy in Ukrainian...and OH is a drummer).

I thought about picking up the tiniest pair of baby shoes I could find and putting them in his work shoes so that he finds them as he's getting ready in the morning for work since it will be fmu and all.... or if I get creative make a onsie that says 'Tato's lil' Drummer' (tato is daddy in Ukrainian...and OH is a drummer).

so cute!

I plan on making a shirt that says lil baby (our last name)with an arrow pointing down at my tummy putting it on and seeing how long it takes him to realize.or when we go out somewhere say we finally mafe it safely..all 4 of us and see if he catches on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->