how do you do gifts with your OH?

DCS

Reaction score
Do you buy presents or just do stocking fillers? Or not but anything at all? Do you make lists for each other or just get what you think they would like?

Oh just said he doesn't want anything. Which is a pain. I'd still like to get him something and will probably do stocking fillers anyway. Well I will buy and wrap mine from him and his from me. Just a bit pants because I always know what i have got.

We don't have a whole lot of money so expensive gifts are out of the question.

We normally just split whatever money we have left at the end and buy each other a few bits, usually about £50 each. This year though, ive been saving to treat him and i cant wait to see him face.

We don't do lists for each other. I buy whatever I think he would like. I usually buy a few pieces just from lo, and the rest are either from me or both lo & I. We also do stockings for each other. We have a joint account for bills and both have our own account so no worries about him seeing it on a bank statement.

If moneys an issue what about buying a little gift box and filling it with vouchers for him. I did it a few years ago and OH loved it. You can have vouchers for little treats: Run a bath for you, a back massage, cook any meal you like, uninterrupted PS time, whatever your OH would like.

We split what's left of the budget when finished. We write idea lists for each other though don't have to stick to them. He isnt much use though with the things he asks for. Its usually just some kind of snacks and little non-exciting things and then it's only because I don't take his not wanting anything for an answer

We tell each other what we'd like and then get some surprises too. We don't have a set budget.

Tbh I normally know what he wants so just buy it plus stocking bits. And I buy my own gifts too :haha:
dh quiet often works a 60+ hour week so I dont mind, besides at least I know I like my presents :winkwink:
Put a cap on it this year, max £60 each, but that doesnt include stockings as I buy those bits here n there.

We don't bother buying each other gifts anymore. If there's something either of us particularly needs or wants I look out for it in the sales after christmas instead.

DH asked me for a list a few years ago he said he wanted some expensive ideas and cheap ideas... i ended up with the entire list plus some and was mortified. In view of this he asks for a list every year now and my ideas are always sparse. DH always asks for practical stuff. We dont set a limit but i usually spend about 100-150 pounds

I've just told him to make me a list. I said if he didn't I would be in a mood probably until next Christmas. Te most expensive thing on there is £20 so I'm hoping I will be able to get him a few of them. And I'm making him a reeses advent calendar since they don't seem to exist.

Omg a reeses advent sounds amazeballs!!!!

Omg a reeses advent sounds amazeballs!!!!

It's really disappointing they don't do them. If they have I haven't found one yet. He said if the kids are having play doh advent he wants a reeses One. So I'm just going to diy one for him. And then buy myself a Yankee one to make it fair.

I normally get him surprises and he asks me what I want. I do a stocking for him but my mum still does one for me. We don't have children yet so we don't have a strict budget.

DH and I set the same budget £50 (something we've done since we met to avoid embarrassment) but we both then to go over a little but not much.

We usually buy each other one nice gift - at a reasonable price. Stockings do get a look-in however, strange and funny nonsense wins!

The first year we were together he spent tonnes on me (a manicure with gel nails from nails inc, a bottle of Marc Jacobs perfume, a nice hat scarf and gloves set and some other wee bits) and I was mortified as I only spent about £30 on him. We then set a budget!

We only spend about £50 on each other, maximum. Tbh we would rather spend our money on other people as all our money comes out the joint account anyway - we could afford to spend more on each other but it seems a bit pointless.

Usually we have a main present for about £30ish which we know about (we tend to buy these when out together, and it tends to be something practical) then we spend the remainder of the budget on bits and pieces.

I ask him if there is anything he wants or would like, usuallyhe says no so I buy things I know he will like. We do set a budget - this year its £150 but usually we both go over xx

We are gettig married in February so money is tight at te mo so I think we are just budgeting £20 each this year.

We go all out at Christmas because we don't usually have very much for ourselves throughout the year! We have a budget (different each year depending on what we can afford) then we write a bit of a list each but get surprises too, on Christmas morning everything we have is a complete surprise even if its on our list we don't know we are getting it!

We ask each other for a few things and then get a couple surprises as well. We do stockings for each other too. Budget mainly depends on what things look like year to year, the girls always come first. DH however is horrible sticking to a budget and usually goes over so I'm not entirely sure why I bother with one at all, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->