How Long Before Your First Period?

I mc on 10 December, and haven't had a period yet. Found this posting really helpful. I know everyone is different and it also depends on how your mc occured i.e. natural, erpc or medical, but it is nice to be able to gauge when things might happen.

When I had my erpc (mc before I had my son) I had my period exactly 4 weeks after the operation. Now, as everything happened naturally I am a bit more unsure.

Did you all wait until your period came before actively trying again, or did you use contraception before your period arrived?

Oh no I went straight for it ttc again. We were told there was no need to wait by the midwife so we waited for the bleeding to stop and then dove straight back in.

My first 'period' after the bleeding stopped wasn't actually a period but 3 days of spotting but I finally have my first proper one at the moment so there will be no holding me back this time :happydance:

Hi girls! I haven't voted yet either since I am still waiting for AF. Today is 4 weeks exactly from my m/c. I finally stopped bleeding on Dec 24 so I am very impatiently waiting however I am still within the normal window so I am not worrying yet. I am not actively charting or OPK's but we are not using any contraceptives at the moment. We went back at it as soon as the bleeding stopped so AF or a BFP will be happy to see, just for this time though. Once/If AF arrives than we will be actively trying. I want to wish all us ladies good luck for 2011. It would be awesome to chat with each other from this point forward and share our experiences up until baby. ;-)

i dont have an option for mine either because i still havent got it :( and its been about 15 weeks since my m/c...i started to bleed 1 wk before m/c n for about 8 wks after m/c

i dont have an option for mine either because i still havent got it :( and its been about 15 weeks since my m/c...i started to bleed 1 wk before m/c n for about 8 wks after m/c

Sorry for your loss Ashley. Have the doctors checked you over or given you a reason for the delay in your periods restarting? It seems an awful long time for you to go without a period.

Pip x

I GOT AF TODAY!!!! I started some very light spotting last night so I guess yesterday would be day 1 which would make it exactly 4 weeks from my m/c. I never thought I would be this happy to get AF...haha! ;-)

I know it's a nice feeling!...I got my 4 weeks after and I was so happy to get my body back! Now it's TTC time :)

Still waiting for mine, although it's only been three weeks since the ERPC. Think I ovulated a couple of days ago (EWCM) so I'm hoping AF will finally show her face in 2 weeks. Which has disappointed me a bit as I was really hoping she'd be here next week. :(

I'm still waiting for mine :( It will be 7 weeks on Friday since my d and c. It is horrible waiting so long as I just feel stuck in limbo. Also my HPTs are still showing a very faint positive.
arrggggghhhhh I just want to get back to TTC!!!

Sorry for your loss Ashley. Have the doctors checked you over or given you a reason for the delay in your periods restarting? It seems an awful long time for you to go without a period.

Pip x

yea i know that's why ill be going to the doctors in a few weeks for some answers cause its very strange that i haven't got it yet and it has me worried

Ashley---I agree you need to see someone but why are they waiting a few more weeks. If you have tissue remaining causing your hcg not to drop to normal than that is something that shouldn't wait any longer. If your MD is giving you the run around than I would find someone else. There is obviously something going on. 15 weeks is not normal no matter what anyone else says.

Ashley---I agree you need to see someone but why are they waiting a few more weeks. If you have tissue remaining causing your hcg not to drop to normal than that is something that shouldn't wait any longer. If your MD is giving you the run around than I would find someone else. There is obviously something going on. 15 weeks is not normal no matter what anyone else says.

i know its weird :shrug: when i called the doctor and explained it he said to wait a few more weeks and if i still didnt get it then to go in for an appointment

After my first mc of 5 weeks, it arrived after 5 weeks

I then mc at 8 weeks a few months after and it took 8 weeks for my af to arrive. I was worried as to what had happened and now my cycles dont seem to be as regular as before and it has been 3 and a half months since my last mc xx

I MC'd on 7 December and just got my AF today.

This works out at 35 days (5 weeks) from the day of the MC or 39 days (5 and a half weeks) from the date I actually started bleeding with the MC.

I must say I'm very relieved that I fall in with the majority of the poll takers. It's one scary thing going through a MC, its another anxious time waiting to get your cycle back, and then tracking it to see if goes back to the pre-MC regularity....

:dust: to all xxxxxx

I was 2 days short of 6 weeks before the witch returned. I never thought I would ever be so pleased to see her!

Looking back it doesn't seem any time at all and is apparently in the "normal" bracket, but at the time it felt like forever. When she didn't arrive on the usual 28th day I was convinced she was going to take months really beat myself up.

I read this thread so many times to try and reassure myself I was normal, so I wanted to post here to hopefully reassure someone else in the position I was. That feeling when she arrives outweighs the worry of waiting for her. To know my body is working properly again has given me real strength & made me feel positive about catching that eggy again

Babydust to you all xxx

When i m/c i bleed for 12 days then stopped for 16 days then bleed again but it was very light for 9 days, my cycles have been messed up ever since and now i have a Luteal Phase Defect. =[[

I didn't bleed much right after the D&C, then started lightly bleeding/ spotting "brown" about a week and a half after the D&C. That stopped about 2 weeks 2days after the D&C, and then I got my period exactly 2 weeks after the brown spotting stopped. I will be TTC this cycle.

I didn't vote as I can't answer this accurately, since I don't know exactly what day I miscarried.... I bled for a total of 5 weeks from the miscarriage. I got my first period exactly 5 weeks after that.

Im just totally confused with mine 'chart below' :shrug:

MC 22nd Dec = spotted brownish blood for 12 days ( 22/12/10 to 2/1/11)
3/1/11 Stopped bleeding and had EWCM for 3 days never seen so much.
6/1/11 Started lightly bleeding fresh blood with small bits of clots till today ( 8days)

I rang EPU during the week and explained and she said the second bleed was my AF and some women dont get 20 days of no bleeding before AF arrives.

So dont know if to count it as AF or not :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->