• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long did you push

!Warning! I am going to rant here for a second as I still have some ill feelings for the way the birth of my daughter ended. I literally pushed only 3 times before the nurse called in 10 doctors to come in for an assisted delivery. Not even 10 mins of pushing and they decided I needed help! There was nothing wrong with me or DD, after that they just ripped her out of me with forceps while I just laid there wishing I was dead. I hate that hospital more than words can express, they didn't even give me a fair chance to do anything at all! :growlmad: I feel so cheated out of my first child's birth

Lock&Key thats a horrible experience, how discusting of them, I wish you all the very best with the delivery of your next baby.

I pushed for 20minutes with my first daughter & 15minutes with my second!

I pushed for about an hour and a half. But to tell you the truth, it seemed much faster. No pain because I had an epidural.

I can't believe this thread is still going !! Well i had my baby since and i pushed for an hour ;) I agree with everybody saying that it felt much quicker. So to all who were worried like me about pushing, in my opinion it is hard but you loose track of time.

With DD no.1 I was pushing from 10.20pm until 11.04pm when she was born. Hopefully be quicker this time, due any day now :)

20-30 minutes each time. I was my sisters birthing partner for her second child and she pushed for around 3 hours! I was exhausted just watching lol x

!Warning! I am going to rant here for a second as I still have some ill feelings for the way the birth of my daughter ended. I literally pushed only 3 times before the nurse called in 10 doctors to come in for an assisted delivery. Not even 10 mins of pushing and they decided I needed help! There was nothing wrong with me or DD, after that they just ripped her out of me with forceps while I just laid there wishing I was dead. I hate that hospital more than words can express, they didn't even give me a fair chance to do anything at all! :growlmad: I feel so cheated out of my first child's birth

:hugs:Thats awful :(

Just over an hour, I wasnt having very many contractions to push with.

20 minutes then an episiotemy. They were quite keen o get her out fast as her heart rate was dropping very low.

15 mins for me after taking 25 hrs to get 5cm dilated n then 25 mins from 5 to 10 cm and after loads of complications! I think it was the RLT that helped :) x

I had my first in december 2011 an it took me 3hrs to push (i had by the time it came to pushing been awake for 36hrs an i was tired an exhausted. I had no energy!). His head was sideways an he had the ambilical cord wrapped around him. Had to have an episiotomy as a result. But he was happy an healthy with a good set of lungs when he came out!

Just 2 pushes :smug: i had pethidine which knocked me out and the nurse woke me up when my daughter was really really low :dance:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->