How much do you plan to spend on your LO this Xmas?

I am quite a savvy shopper and do a lot of online shopping/searching and end up saving quite a bit at Christmas by buying things when they are on sale.

Eg last year my daughter got the Vtech Innotab2 for £38, a bike £25 https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us...ls-Daisy-Chain-Bike(0101575)?searchPosition=3 dolls house £25 https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us...ouse-with-50-Pieces(0025587)?searchPosition=6 and some small things.

I would spend under £100 on each child at Christmas, but get a lot for that money!

100 each + 5-10 on a stocking each
we have a big family so we tend to coordinate gifts.like I'm getting toot toot garage for Nathan and family members are buying additional cars/track etc

I thnk it'll be 150 between both. Simply because they have 4 sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and get absolutely loads! So I don't want to overdo it.

I am pretty much done as I have been buying a bit every month and I think I have spent about 350 - by the time i've got the last little bits like xmas pjs, new outfit it will be about 400. This is for both his Christmas and his birthday which is the 11th of December. I didn't actually realise how much I had spent until I counted it up there :dohh:. I think next year I will set a budget and try to stick to it! As much as I can afford it because I spread the cost out it's still a stupid amount of money to spend on just toys especially when we have a massive family who always buy him tonnes. I might try 100 for birthday next year and 150 for christmas x

200-250 each. We dont spend as much on bdays just 100 on pressies for bdays.
I dont think theres a right or wrong answer just what u can afford/want to spend

like 40-50 on stocking pressies and probably 20 for gifts under the tree. but we don't make a big deal of santa and us giving seperate gifts, we might not even bother with gifts under the tree as he won't notice. lol

150 max for Paige probably. we have already got her a bike, new scooter, hungry hippos game, new teaset and a book. Probably get a couple more gifts and then quite a few new books. Her stocking wont cost alot to fill. I dont include clothes in the budget but will get her some new clothes (i dont tend to buy expensive clthing. Usually supermarket stuff)

For Ella, we havent a clue what to get her or how much to spend. Definitely notas much as Paige!

Thanks everyone for your replies. we can afford it, it just seems a lot! For those asking which kitchen, I did like the little tikes premium kitchen but now I've seen this one and I like it better (15% off at mo) - https://www.gltc.co.uk/super-chef-kitchen/toy-kitchens-and-play-food/gltc/fcp-product/10002622

Wow thats lovely!!! No no no I cant double my spending on the kitchen :argh: Might show this to OH see what he says ha ha

We dont really have much extended family, so what the boys get from us & santa is what they get mostly!

Haha! I found the little tikes premium kitchen for £140 and showed my DH who wasn't that impressed. I went back to the drawing board and found this! Good news DH - it's bigger AND more expensive! ;)

Hoping to spend £75 on him this year for xmas day and about £20 on his christmas eve bag xx

Probably about £80 now his granddad has bought a bike for him, and that will include a jumper, socks, books, stocking fillers etc.

We don't have a set budget really. I'll probably shop til I feel they have enough and then still pick up little bits until the big day xx

I'm making the most of these first few years where I can spend as little as I want, I'm just getting Oakley a scooter that's £20 and probs a few other small things if I see any I like. I wanted to get him a play kitchen because he loves playing with pots and pans but as I will have to move to a new flat in the next few months I don't think it's wise to buy more big things that I'll have to move with us :(

About £100 on presents, but may also get some clothes as presents though he needs these anyway but they're fun to unwrap! And then there's Christmas activities- baking, days out to see Santa at the zoo, tree, new advent calendar (doing a wooden one and a pound in each drawer and then he chooses each week what he spends the accumulated £7 on in Oxfam Unwrapped gifts... £25 right there!) Maybe an elf on the shelf next year, extra food and treats for the extra mouth... Does all of this count?! We're doing two shoe boxes and various charity bits and bobs too which will cost... In total I don't even know! Actual toys and presenty presents (clothes not included!) we're trying to keep it to a few things he'll really love- I don't wanna be one of those parents who buy their kids absolutely everything and it goes to waste. Oh and he gets absolutely nothing apart from clothes when it isn't a birthday or Christmas.

I have spent over £300 but one present was £140

Less than £75 each, much less for Sophie as she will only be 10 months old. Every Xmas and birthday I get loads and none of it really gets used so done a massive toy cull and only getting them a few bits which (hopefully) they will love. X x x

£160 and that's just as I made a bit of extra money. I have easily got what we wanted for her at that price

It is definitely a personal thing. I take two things into consideration for us:
1- can we afford it-I refuse to go into debt over presents.
2- if we spend a certain amount if money on a present can we maintain spending that amount or more in years to come.
The way I see it is that you start small and work up-as they get older quite often the things they want/need get more expensive.

For us personally we spend around £50 per child. This is made up of their main present plus other little knick knacks. We also spend £10 in a gift from one sibling to the other.
At Christmas we also spend around £20 on stocking presents and presents from Santa.
This year we are thinking of getting our eldest a new bike as he's grown out if his current one. However it won't actually be new. We will get a second hand one-Daniel won't even notice! Because we will spend the whole £50 on this Daniel won't get anything else (other than stocking etc). Esther will probably get lots if little hits and pieces. Daniel honestly won't care that she has more presents than him.

We always set a budget of £50 for Olivia's birthdays and Christmases.

We bought her this kitchen for her birthday: https://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3846780/Trail/searchtext>PLAY+KITCHEN.htm its only £34.99. I know its not a nice wooden one but honestly its really robust and has everything they need. Olivia absolutely loves it, she cooks us dinner and brings us coffees all the time! She has no idea it was cheap and that's all that matters at the end of the day :)

£150-£200, already have most of his pressies. Can't wait!

that's a lovely kitchen, my lo has an elc and doesent care its not wooden lol, her first cooker was £24 but she grew out of it. We would never go into debt over Christmas I have to say and we don't buy for sake of buying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->