How much do you plan to spend on your LO this Xmas?

I end up spending more on my eldest as he is a lot older than my youngest (this Xmas they will be 12 and 3). I spend around £300 on my youngest and it will be £400 maybe on my eldest as he wants a laptop. He gets less presents though because naturally...they get more expensive as they get older! Smaller boxes bigger prices!

Oh and i've spent about £175 on our little girl! That includes her jumperoo and bumbo and might also buy a walker.

I had been planning on £100 then some stocking fillers but by the time I bought 2 Thomas take and play sets and joining track I'd already hit £102. The only other Santa gift I'd planned was a pull along waggon which I know he'll love but would never think to ask for, these seem to be about £50. So with £150 on Santa stuff and a wee wrapped something from 'me' I'll be nearer £200. Figure I can ask family to provide a few of the engines that be hasn't got to go with the train set which will hopefully mean we don't end up with piles of stuff that he doesn't know he wants!

I spent so much last year and he was only 3 month and it was a complete waste, he is now only starting to play with those toys. I'm buying him a coupe car (50), around 30 on dvds, around 20 on books, 20 on some small toys and maybe 70 on a trike but that depends. He has three big boxes full of toys in the living room plus cupboards full in his bedroom. It was just his birthday in september so would be silly to get too much. I wanted to buy him a kitchen but my mother wants to buy that, it's £130 but she likes to buy a big present.I'm only buying things I know he will play with and I'm having a major clear out before hand.

I don't look down or admire people on what they spend. I think if you do your best then that is enough. My nephew and niece are 6 and 4 and getting iPad minis which I think is a bit too much on something that they don't really need.

I would just like to add-
I think most people here are mature enough not to buy just so they "look better" as so many people I know do. The fact is we can all say proudly we do the best for our kids all year around and christmas is about family and being together. A lot of people, myself included may keep some toys to christmas to buy and it may seem "alot" but for me I do it so I'm not needlessly buying 100-200 toys all year around.
Have a lovely day guys :)

I'll probably spend about $10-20.

We'll try to stick to our budget of €100 for LO, have most of her toys & stocking fillers got now & SIL is getting her a Christmas dress so just have to get her shoes & cardi to match then we're all set, roll on, I love Christmas!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->