I suddenly feel like a single mum, wow you singles have it tough!

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of having my OH around for the first 4 months, now he's working from 9am-7:30pm. LO gets up at 8:30am so just as his dad is leaving the house, then he's asleep when OH gets home.

I didn't realise how hard it would be alone with LO all day, AND he's an easy baby that sleeps a lot! I'm totally exhausted!

Props to you single mums and dads out there. :thumbup: I don't know how you coped in the first few weeks AT ALL.

My LO has gotten to that age where he gets bored easily and wants constant play and variety while awake, yet he's not mobile enough to entertain himself at all.

I love being with him and wouldn't change it for the world, but I am looking forward to the weekend :winkwink:

I totally agree. Hats off to the single parents.

Neither OH and myself work at the moment. He's off work due to a long term back injury he sustained when he was 19.

Me, I am waiting til Ethan turns 1 next month to start looking for work. I wanted to enjoy my "maternity leave" as it were.

Anyway....both of us are around and for the most part, we're both very hands on parents, so when OH goes out and it's just me...I feel a bit lost sometimes and sort of struggle because we usually take it in turns to do things, so when OH goes out for the day occasionally, I'm doing it all and it's like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH".

So kudos to all the single parents out there who do this every day and with not much help xxx

My OH is works alot too so I can understand partly, usually he's home before LO goes to bed but doesn't take over, I still carry on, but single mums are amazing they really are :flower:

:hugs: I get people that tell me how hard it is as a parent, much less a single one. Had an ex sister in law that liked to tell me all the time, when I was pregnant, to intimidate me from keeping my LO.

But, in the long run, when your used to just you? It doesn't feel hard. You just keep doing what your doing... Hardest part is I really don't get a break... Me time is the few hours between his sleep time at night, and mine. ;) I feel more for those who started out with help, and then no longer have it.

But, definite kudos to my fellow single mommies! :flower:

Well ladies, i can confirm life as a single mum of a 10yo girl and a 7 month old son is tough. Im currently getting no sleep as my wee man has a viral infection but life goes on ... it has to. I'd love for things to be different but at the moment it can't be. Such is life, and life as a mum is demanding whether going it alone or not. My hats are off to ALL mummy's, single or not :D

Big kudos to single moms. I dont know how you do it, your pretty amazing. DH works 8:30-5:00 but comes home for lunch because he's right around the corner, so he's home for lunch and dinner. Soon as he walks in the door he gets LO so i can cook, clean and have a break til LO goes to sleep at 7. DH is away for work for a week soon and I'm bricking it!!

my husband moved out when lo was 5 months old, he didnt help from day one, so i was a married mom, feeling like a single mom, and now a single mom, its bloody hard work, but u do get used to it after a while :) hardest thing is ZERO me time!! i have noone to look after lo except when my hubby has him for 6 hours on a tuesday, to which i have to use the baby free time to go to my counsilling sessions, not really chill out time!! haha x

I have the upmost respect for all you single mummies. OH works 8:30 until 5pm but is always very hands-on when he gets home from work so that I can get a little 'me' time before starting the bedtime routine. He has recently been made redundant and will be at home all the time after next week. However, he is a retained fire fighter and there's a possibility that he may be able to go full time on a secondment in the near future which means that he will be away 4 days a week for a little while and I really don't know how I'm gonna cope. I can't complain because it's gonna keep a roof over our heads and it will be great experience for him but the thought of being alone with 2 toddlers four days a week scares the living daylights out of me so hats off to those who do it 24/7 :flower: x

I know how you feel. My OH has gone back to work, for 4 months, so have been going solo for the past week and a half, and I am shattered, but I am enjoying it, slowing getting into a routine of our own.

Dont have any adivse really, but wanted to say your not alone.

:flower:

What lovely replies.

I now really appreciate my mum a lot more, 20 years old with my newborn baby brother and me just turned 2, all by herself, no family around to help.

Also makes me feel a tad annoyed with my father, men seem to be able to swan off so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->