+++ I tried the hook effect theory, any thoughts please

Quick question ladies , when I had my first beta they also checked my progesterone and it was 10 , I was already on 200 ml a day since 4 dpo so I was on it already when they checked it , I thought it was too low but they said it had to be at least 10 , they would not give me anymore even though I asked , is 10 too low ? Is it worth me doubling it on my own as a last ditch effort or is it too late ? Please help if you can ladies

Too much progesterone can cause some pretty severe side effects. I really wouldn't up your dose without talking to your doctor about it.

200mg is a pretty good dose. My doctor told me that if it was a progesterone issue that the 200mg is a more than sufficient dose to take care of that, if it was the problem.

Sorry I don't have any really answer for you hun.

What stucki said hun, I'm sorry no one can answer that or give safe advice unless they have a PhD on women studies.

I'm sick of following what my doc says and continuing to miscarry, at least answer me this please , for anyone who is on progesterone how much are you on and if anyone here has ever had progesterone drawn
Around 4 to 5 weeks can you tell me what your number was ?

have they tested you for natural killer cells?

I don't know , they did sooooo many tests but said all was fine , I guess nobody else has ever had their progesterone checked ? I'm just trying here, Im sick of giving up , I'm
Tired of hearing when it's the right time it will happen , I'm tired of betas and bad news , and I'm really tired of no answers, and I'm not rich and can't afford ivf and even if I could I would most likely kill that baby too , I don't think I have killer cells whatever that is cause I do have a 21 yeard old son that I had when I was 18, my first miscarriage was when I was 33, maybe I'm
Just too old , I'm sorry I'm bitching but I'm so messed up right now , I would have rather not got pregnant at all

I found this article aout progesterone in early pregnancy... I hope it helps

Here is the link to it....

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

Here is a section of it....I highlighted the part that mentions the progesterone levels...Although the article itself goes into more detail so it is worth going to the web page and doing some additional reading as well.

Week 5 - Gestational Age (Fetal age 3 weeks)

Development
The gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect at about 5 weeks. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this week, at about week 5 ½ to the beginning of the 6th week, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac will be the earliest source of nutrients for the developing fetus.

Hormones
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have quite a bit of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected to be seen.

Progesterone levels also can have quite a variance at this stage of pregnancy. They can range from 9-47ng/ml in the first trimester, with an average of 12-20ng/ml in the first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

With both hCG levels and progesterone levels, it is not the single value that can predict a healthy pregnancy outcome. It is more important to evaluate two different values to see if the numbers are increasing. Levels of hCG should be increasing by at least 60 % every 2-3 days, but ideally doubling every 48-72 hours. Progesterone levels rise much differently than hCG levels, with an average of 1-3ng/ml every couple days until they reach their peak for that trimester. In situations when there is a concern of an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage, hCG levels will often start out normal, but will not show a significant increase or will stop rising all together, and progesterone levels will be low from the beginning

I just read a whole bunch of stuff on the internet , seems that 10 is low , most docs want to see it above a 20 and most seem to be above 40

This is just my opinion. If a woman was able to carry a baby to full term and then found a new husband or boyfriend etc...I would think its the man. Ya know?...Even if they SAY that you and your husband are compatible or nothings wrong...OBVIOUSLY you CAN have a healthy baby, so the only new variable is the man...right?

They tested him for everything too, they say his sperm was very high count and mobility, I think my eggs are bad , I just doubled my progesterone , it might help , it might not but I did it anyway, thanks for the support ladies , I'm sure you all must thing I'm a crazy person :(

i dont think your crazy
Ive only had one loss and i hope its the only one I ever had. I nearly lost my mind when i was told my baby had been dead for over 5 weeks and i didnt know.

I cant imagine how you feel Maureen after all these losses, so i personally do not think you are crazy at all. I think you are incredibly brave to keep trying actually, i hope I can be as brave as you

XXX

I don't think you're crazy either. It can be extremely frustrating to want answers and no one can give them to you. I asked stucki the same thing but have you had any of the fetal tissue tested for abnormalities? I know thats a common issue when it comes to recurrent miscarriages. Might be worth looking into...

Also here is a link for some things you can do to improve egg quality if you think thats what it is. Its all natural in case egg quality isn't the problem :)
https://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health

Maureen,

Baby Killer cells is actually the RH factor in your blood cells. It's complicated to explain but here is a website

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/rhfactor.html

I know that I have RH Negative and therefore I'm at a higher risk of miscarrying. Many women who don't know that they have RH Negative don't receive the proper prenatal care from the beginning of the pregnancy and tend to miscarry very early on.

I'm not saying that you have this. I'm only trying to explain what the other poster may have meant by saying baby killer cells.

I wish you the best. if I were you I would demand some answers on Monday. Don't leave that doctors officer until you are 100% satisfied with the information you get. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Your not crazy. In fact going with what you feel is right works out better than listening to anyone else.

I don't blame you at all for upping your progesterone. At least you can say you've done everything in your power anyway.

You are not crazy! The heartbreak you are going through is a pain I wish no one would ever have to endure. I say still have some hope. I wish I could help you with progesterone but the last doctor I saw told me there we no such tests for hormones lol so you're a damn sight better off than I was in that regard. I have had to take my health in my own hands for better or worse and started on a bunch if the natural supplements. But slowly am accepting a baby is something I will never have.

I am 5 weeks and on 300mg a day of progesterone orally. My hcg prog on Friday 1237 and prog was 15. My dr wasn't really concerened with my prog.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

With both hCG levels and progesterone levels, it is not the single value that can predict a healthy pregnancy outcome. It is more important to evaluate two different values to see if the numbers are increasing. Levels of hCG should be increasing by at least 60 % every 2-3 days, but ideally doubling every 48-72 hours. Progesterone levels rise much differently than hCG levels, with an average of 1-3ng/ml every couple days until they reach their peak for that trimester. In situations when there is a concern of an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage, hCG levels will often start out normal, but will not show a significant increase or will stop rising all together, and progesterone levels will be low from the beginning[/COLOR][/I]

Maureen, I just plugged your HCG numbers based on the 60% increase every 2-3 days as stated in her post. If you base your numbers solely on that increase, you are SO close to hitting it. Your numbers were 89, but only needed to be around 94 by Friday. That's so close. Maybe you really are going to be ok. Are you still bleeding? I'm praying for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->