I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Hi Topanga!

That is wierd stuff, what is going on??? Have you taken an HPT lately? I've heard an OPK will show up positive when you are prego.... could that be the case?

Thanks ladies! I haven't taken an HPT yet this month, but it seems too early for an OPK to be picking up on HCG even if I was pregnant; my period isn't due until this weekend. And last month I had 4 days of positive OPKs and wasn't pregnant.

I read one article in a medical journal that said that some women have long surges (2-4 days), so that might explain last month's 4 day surge, but not 8 days!

Everything else I can find suggests that hypersecretion of LH is caused by PCOS (I don't know if I technically have hypersecretion, but it seems the most plausible explanation), but I don't have any symptoms of PCOS. I've never had any tests done, but I had three ultrasounds this summer and they all showed that my ovaries were perfectly normal, no cysts or anything.

It also doesn't make sense because hypersecretion of LH causes infertility/miscarriages, but we got pregnant after only 2 months last time and hypersecretion of LH does not seem to cause a blighted ovum, which is what I had.

I'm trying not to, but I'm really freaking out! I'm so scared this is going to mean something bad. :-(

Well the good news is that if they see you and do some tests, and think you are not ovulating they can give you Clomid or something to kickstart it. I've heard sometimes they have to use Clomid after a m/c. I hope they get it sorted out for you soon dear.

Thanks, Mackjess. Hopefully it's something that simple. I just can't believe that all of this stuff keeps happening. :-(

Topanga- I got a pink line on an opk before a hpt with my last pregnancy.....take a hpt, it may all just mean you're pregnant :thumbup:

Prayers for you that it is simple and they figure it out fast. It isn't fair. It must be very common because when I went to my OB right after the m/c she scheduled a 6 week follow up for me and mentioned they might run tests during the follow up to see if I needed Clomid if I didn't get AF or Ovulate. Basically she didn't want me to panic if stuff didn't go back to normal on it's own and it sometimes needs a kickstart.(she knew I used OPKs). Since I did good on getting AF on sched and OPKs seemed normal she didn't do any tests.

Thanks ladies. I always feel so much better after coming on here. I don't know what I would do without you all! <3

Hey Topanga, sorry you're having such a stressful time. The others are right though, it could be pregnancy or equally nothing to worry about. So many people on here seem to have so many weird things going on with their bodies after miscarriage and it usually seems to just be caused by all the changes in hormones. Try not to freak out until you know anything, it's most likely to be something that's really easy to sort out

Morning everyone! Just to update you, I had another +OPK this morning (#9) and a negative HPT. Can't wait to get some answers!

Topanga- thats really frustrating, hope you get some answers soon.
MackJess- how are you feeling today- symptoms?

AfM- had some bloods this morning so i can only wait and see what they say. I took another hpt this morning and I cant deceide if i see a line- its definately a squinter! Maybe yesterdays was a false positive. My DH is going mad at me for testing all the time- he's right though, im only winding myself up!

Hope everyone is feeling good and positive today xxx
:dust:

morning Johnson girl. Feeling tired but pretty good today. I had terrible lower back pain due to ligaments relaxing, actually it was one of my first symptoms but I didn't realize that was a symptom, that started about week 3-4 and its FINALLY getting better. I'm sure my DH will be relieved that I will be whining about it less. LOL. I haven't had ms yet, just queasy moments that happen later in the afternoon. So we will see if that turns into ms soon, it was pretty darn close yesterday! Not excited about it, but I'll take whatever being pregnant throws at me.

I hope all the lovelies are doing well, and FX for everyone in the 2WW!

Johnson, hope your bloods come back good, although it sounds like they should! Husbands just don't understand our obsessive need to test, haha.

Glad everything is going well Mack, I'm excited to hear how you'd appointment goes on Thursday!!

Johnson, I agree with Mlm... husbands just don't understand! Mine is much more patient than me about everything in this process! ;-) You keep testing as often as you want to!!

Johnson- with my daughter I had 3-4 days of super faint SUPER squinty pink lines. I'm sure everything is just fine with you and you have a healthy little bean growing in there!! No way it was a false positive, if that line shows up the HCG is THERE!

hi ladies havent been on for a while hope yous are doin great and congrats to bfp ladies.
im on cd 20 and had pos opks last 2 days becoming negs las night, sore boobs today so im guessing iv ovd some time in last 24 hrs.
very confused at the late ov, usually my cycles are 28 days an that seems bit strange but hay ho perhaps im goin to have a longer cycle this month as its my first real cycle from the dnc.
weve bin on the ole baby makin train tho with bells on so fx, well no in a few weeks fx for the rest of us xx

That's a few of us in the two week wait now so hoping we'll have some bfp announcements soon!

FX for you 2WW ladies.

Jane, I know it's so hard not to symptom spot but I love the possible implantation feelings you have.

Cozmos, don't worry about the late OV day. I OV 2-4 days late (I don't temp or really feel it so only go by OPKs) and I caught the eggy anyway! Goood luck!

yous wont believe this but my bff who jus had her baby,well hes 12 weeks now, was preg at same time with my twins, well...shes 5 weeks!!! its crazzy lol,
shes all biz but completely shocked!!! crazzy crazzy.
shes all like hurry up an be pregnant so im even more determined now...oh the funny ways in which life goes x

yous wont believe this but my bff who jus had her baby,well hes 12 weeks now, was preg at same time with my twins, well...shes 5 weeks!!! its crazzy lol,
shes all biz but completely shocked!!! crazzy crazzy.
shes all like hurry up an be pregnant so im even more determined now...oh the funny ways in which life goes x

wow- thats really fast work!!

Excited for all the TWW ladies :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back