I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Whoa baby, her kids will be less than a year apart!!! That will be super tough for the first few years, but then Im sure they will be BFFs when they get a little older. Good luck Cozmos, I hope you are pregnant very very soon so your baby can be a BFF too!!!

That's crazy!!!! But I agree with bluebird, hopefully you'll get pregnant soon Cozmos and your kids can be BFFs!! ;-)

As for me, I need to vent a little bit today. I've had two of my friends recently suggest that we should get tested for infertility. Seriously!? We got pregnant within two months of trying the first time and I haven't even finished my second cycle since the miscarriage!!

I know they mean well, but I'm already terrifed that we'll never be able to have a healthy baby and hearing stuff like that just worries me even more. I know that objectively there is absolutely no reason to worry that we're infertile, but it's hard not to and comments like that just scare me even more! I know they both meant well, but I wish they hadn't said that! :-(

What a crap thing to say, talk about not informed- an mc is absolutely not about infertility- idiots. I take it they've never had a mc?

Oh hugs Topanga. It's hard to understand not being thru a m/c. The first thing my OB said after my m/c was that there was good news, that I AM fertile, and that usually is the biggest part of the battle in her job. I think that's been a reminder in this thread before. We are all fertile, it has happened, the magic occurred and it will again. You hang in there. :hugs:

Try not to think about those comments Topanga, they don't know what they're talking about! You CAN and WILL get pregnant again!

Topanga they have NO idea what they are talking about!!! You just happened to fall into the 20% that first try, there is an 80% chance that your next pregnancy will be normal and healthy. And I bet you anything that you'll be prego within the next couple of cycles. It soooooo true that if you haven't been through a miscarriage (or had someone close to you go through one) you just don't understand. Try not to let their ignorance get to you!

How are you feeling Jess? Appt is tomorrow right?

Ok- my turn to vent :) It's been 3 weeks since my D&C, bleeding stopped a few days ago so I started OPKs on my Clearblue Fertility monitor. 2 DARK LINES!!! Aaaaaaargh!!! That means that my estrogen is still elevated and my HCG is still way up there. I thought I was on CD 6 (6 days since bleeding stopped) but it turns out I am on like negative CD 6. Bummer!! I want a xmas BFP.... or at least a shot at it lol

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining!! I found out that there was no baby on Oct 4.. and induced m/c on Oct 9... and I finally stopped bleeding! My HCG last week was 24 last week, but I passed a bunch more, and waiting on a phone call from my dr to see what my HCG was yesterday. It is looking like I should be TTC here in the next few days.. so hoping for my Christmas miracle!

Honestly, this is the most scared I've been in my life. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for having another BFP, but it's about all I can do to keep myself together. I think I'm going to go home, download a Kindle book then totally tune out tonight. I just have to make it thru a few more hours today and then half day of work tomorrow. This is even more scary than when I was in the ER with my m/c. One loss can be a fluke, so scared about multiple losses or how I'd make through it again. And I'm not really symptomatic today. That is always worrisome.

Thanks for all of your kind responses!!! I always feel so much better after sharing stuff here. :happydance: It's so nice to have people who understand!

GIJane- Haha you hit the nail on the head. Not only have neither of them ever had a MC, they both got pregnant the first month they tried and had very easy pregnancies.

Mack- My OB said the same thing! I try to remember that on bad days! ;-) And is your apt tomorrow?? I can't wait for an update!!

Bluebird- Oh no! :-( That's so disappointing. Are they not doing blood draws to monitor your HCG levels? As annoying as that was, it was nice to know what the exact numbers were and to see them going down. The waiting is always the hardest part. I'm sure you're almost there!

Aknqtpie- Welcome!! Yay for being able to start TTC!! I can't wait to hear how things go! I hope you get a Christmas BFP!! :happydance:

I'm feeling very positive about this cycle. I'll be cd9 on Sunday and will start trying. I usually ovulate between 13 & 16dpo. I really hope to wait and test on Christmas eve. I should be one or two days late at that point. :) positive thoughts.

Honestly, this is the most scared I've been in my life. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for having another BFP, but it's about all I can do to keep myself together. I think I'm going to go home, download a Kindle book then totally tune out tonight. I just have to make it thru a few more hours today and then half day of work tomorrow. This is even more scary than when I was in the ER with my m/c. One loss can be a fluke, so scared about multiple losses or how I'd make through it again. And I'm not really symptomatic today. That is always worrisome.

Sorry, Mack. This hadn't posted before I posted my response. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm sure it must be scary; I can't even imagine. I think this is your rainbow baby. You certainly deserve it! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. This baby is going to be healthy and beautiful and you are a strong woman who can make it through anything the world throws at her.

And, on the days you can't handle it, we're all here to lean on. :hugs:

Aw Mack, sorry you are feeling that way. Good news is you will feel more reassured after tomorrow. I think finding something else to focus on is a good plan!

Mack- everything is going to be fine! When i was PG with my son there were days that I didn't really feel any symptoms. They can come and go! Try to relax!

Mack - I am nervous about all of that too. I was scared Sh*tless before I had a mc, let alone trying again.. Really do not want a repeat performance.

Topanga - People who have never been through a m/c don't understand what emotional trauma (let alone physical) that our bodies and minds have been through.. so it is insensitive of them to suggest (after 1 m/c) to go in for fertility treatment. Like you, I am also scared that I will not be able to conceive and will have multiple ones.. but just gotta ignore them. By the way.. are you a Boy meets World fan, or is that your name?

Hi ladies
I had my bloods back today and hcg is at 3.5 so definitely not a new pregnancy. More likely a very rare false positive on the test. I'm ok about it though, glad my levels are low post mc, just need af to show up!!

I agree with all the comments about people not knowing what they're talking about with mc's. How insensitive and ignorant to suggest you have fertility issues. Mack's doc is right- we can do it!!

Good luck for your appt tomorrow mack :)

I'm on call tonight and already shattered- gonna try and get some sleep xxx

Hey Topanga. How ridicous, do some people even think before they open their mouths???!! They have no clue what they're going on about!
Mackjess, hang in there. You're doing really well it's so normal that you'd freak out. Let's hope tomorrow's appointment helps keep the fears at bay at least for a bit!
And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you bluebird for a chance at a Christmas bfp. It's not completely out yet!
Welcome Anqtpie, sorry you're here but fingers crossed for good news for you by Christmas
And Callie I plan to test Christmas Eve too. I'd be late by that point but I like the idea. Whether I'll hold out or not remains to be seen!

Sorry hadn't read before I posted but sorry Johnsongirl but well done for being so positive. It's easier some days than others but I try to be the same of possible

AK- Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to be reminded by someone other than myself (!!) that MC really is a trauma. It just validates my struggles with it. And no, it's not my real name; I'm just a huge Boy Meets World fan!!! :)

Johnson- oh sweetheart, i'm so sorry. I'm glad you're being so positive about it. You're definitely a role model for me! At least you know that your levels are where they need to be, so AF should be showing up anytime. I had my period a week or two after my levels were in the double digits, so I'm sure yours is coming anytime. Then the TTC can begin in earnest!!!! ;-)

AK- Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to be reminded by someone other than myself (!!) that MC really is a trauma. It just validates my struggles with it. And no, it's not my real name; I'm just a huge Boy Meets World fan!!! :)

Anytime! I love this website because it has been a good support group for me!

Did you hear that they are making a spinoff called Girl Meets World.. it is Cory and Topangas daughter.. and they are bringing back the original cast... Super exciting!!!

Topanga- I agree with everyone. People that haven't had a mc cannot understand it at all. I'm sorry their insensitivity hurt you :( And I agree with Mack. My doc said the same thing about being fertile after my 1st mc. That's a huge bit out of the way. Now we all just have to have sticky babies!

Mack- Try to relax. With my daughter my symptoms definitely came and went at times, and I completely analyzed every bit of it. I started thinking that if I could keep myself relaxed and happy that the baby would be relaxed and happy :) I hope all goes well tomorrow

Johnsongirl- I'm sorry it wasn't a BFP, but great news that your hcg is <5! My doc says that's a negative, so now time for your body to start making a good environment for a sticky bean!

Akn- Welcome! I'm in another forum with you too! Hope we're all heading towards our Christmas BFP's!! :xmas16:

Afm, I'm on cd 14, and no positive OPK yet. (the whole NTNP thing went out the window) I'm hoping this cycle stays fairly normal, but I guess I'll see in the next few days. Definitely getting darker. I'm too impatient I suppose! Baby dust to all, and to all a good night!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->