I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

I hope it's not too late for me to join you ladies! I've been stalking this thread for awhile and I'm so happy to see the bfps and the optimism. :D

I had an ectopic pregnancy in July and was given the MTX shot to treat it, which thankfully worked well, albeit slowly. The whole thing was pretty devastating so I put ttc on the back burner for awhile to recover. But now I'm finally ready to try again and hope to have some company during what is sure to be an extra stressful tww!

Today is CD 11 for me. I bded on Saturday and Sunday, and got a positive opk yesterday. My temp dipped this morning and I got a peak reading on my monitor, which was so exciting as it's my first month using it and I was worried I wasn't ovulating since my cycles have been wonky since my ep. Dh and I bded this morning. If my cycle progresses as it usually does, my temp should rise tomorrow and I'll officially enter the tww, which is almost like a three week wait for me since I have a seventeen/eighteen day luteal phase. :wacko: I'm not sure how I'm going to make it! I'm excited and hopeful but so worried about having another ectopic. I could definitely use some support.

Of course my bbt thermometer died this morning. Hopefully it won't mess up my chart too much.

Welcome Linds!! Good luck to you, I'm 4dpo (maybe???) I had a D&C 4 weeks ago and I think I OVed last week, but it's hard to say. So I'll be testing about the same time as you. What day are you going to test?

Hi, Bluebird! I'll probably start testing on the 13th, which will be 8 dpo. I dread seeing a bfn, but I got a blaring positive at 7 dpo with my ep, likely because it implanted in my tube. Since I'll need to get betas done as soon as I test positive, I'm going to start early.

You'll be 12 dpo by the 13th? Are you going to hold off testing until then? I don't think I could make it past 10 dpo, I'm so impatient. Do you symptom spot?

Hey lindsfx. I hate getting negative tests so I try to wait a little but I'm with you, so impatient! Sorry for your loss but glad you found us

I am 9 dpo today and going to the dr for some follow up bloodwork. Guess that should tell me if I'm getting that Christmas bfp or not!

Mack- Thinking about you and baby this week. I hope all goes well with your labwork and scan!

aknqtpie- I hope the next month goes by quickly for you and you have a stress-free (and bleeding free) January!

Pray- Congratulations!! Such great news!! :happydance:

MLM- I agree with Bluebird. I have heard that having HCG in your system is the same as taking a birth control pill due to the progesterone. I don't think you can ovulate until hcg is less than 5. There are always exceptions (and I'm no expert) Hope your labs give you some good news this week!

Topanga-sounds like you have a great ob/gyn. Hopefully you can relax a little now.

Linds- Welcome! I'll join you in your tww! I'm 1dpo today. I've been debating waiting longer to avoid BFN, but I'm super impatient too!

afm, I have a good feeling about this month. I know we timed our bd really well around O. Starting Nov 20 we pretty much bd'd every 2-3 days, then every day starting the 1st of Dec. First +OPK on the 2nd, and stayed positive through yesterday afternoon. Temp rise today. My nips are super sensitive (wc they NEVER are- I don't know what that's about) fx'd for all of us!

Hi, Bluebird! I'll probably start testing on the 13th, which will be 8 dpo. I dread seeing a bfn, but I got a blaring positive at 7 dpo with my ep, likely because it implanted in my tube. Since I'll need to get betas done as soon as I test positive, I'm going to start early.

You'll be 12 dpo by the 13th? Are you going to hold off testing until then? I don't think I could make it past 10 dpo, I'm so impatient. Do you symptom spot?

I'm going to wait until next Friday the 14th to test. This cycle is completely wacky because of the MC.... I still have yet to get a negative HPT! The last one was faint, but still there.
I totally symptom spot, although I really only have one reliable symptom. On both of my pregnancies I lost my appetite around 9dpo, like I couldn't eat anything. I had major cotton mounth and I would take two bites of something and get grossed out and put it down lol Wierd, I know

I am 9 dpo today and going to the dr for some follow up bloodwork. Guess that should tell me if I'm getting that Christmas bfp or not!

Good luck today!!! Fx for you, let us know as soon as you get those results!:happydance:

Hi ladies and welcome Lindsfx, this is an awesome thread with some bfp's already :happydance:

Im so excited for all the ladies in the TWW.

afm- i got a really strong positive on an opk today (even though ive promised dh im not peeing on anything until af arrives, ssssshhhhh!!:blush: ) Do you ladies think that means im ovulating and have to wait another 2 weeks for af. Its 7 weeks tomorrow since my d&c.....i know i keep saying it, sorry ladies!!

Im even more impatient now that dh has taken baby making off the menu until i have my first af!!

Hi ladies and welcome Lindsfx, this is an awesome thread with some bfp's already :happydance:

Im so excited for all the ladies in the TWW.

afm- i got a really strong positive on an opk today (even though ive promised dh im not peeing on anything until af arrives, ssssshhhhh!!:blush: ) Do you ladies think that means im ovulating and have to wait another 2 weeks for af. Its 7 weeks tomorrow since my d&c.....i know i keep saying it, sorry ladies!!

Im even more impatient now that dh has taken baby making off the menu until i have my first af!!

Haha Johnson girl I promised DH I wouldn't be peeing on anything either- seven hpts later.....lol

Johnson you are too funny!!! I totally hide my HPTs and OPKs from my husband... i dont want him to know how obsessed I am lol
It looks like you might be OVing, thats awesome! Or I've read that sometimes you get a little rise in LH before your period starts.... but if you have a strong positive that would probably mean a surge rather than a little rise.
I didn't realize it's been 7 weeks since your D&C, that's on the long end of the spectrum! When did your bleeding stop and when did your HCG go below 0? I'm 4 weeks out from a D&C right now.... *sigh* I think I OVed last week, but everything is so ridiculous right now its really hard to tell.

Yes bluebird, 7 weeks is a long time!!!! I only bled for a few days on and off. Last Tuesday my hcg was 3.5. The opk was really dark, much darker than the control line.
Jane- I've got a secret stash of sticks in my hair things box!! ;)

That sounds like OV to me! But the husband has banned you from trying this month???

Yes there's a ban on baby making until I have af. It's because of the false positive I had last week. He's working away this week anyway so we'd miss my fertile days. I'm just hoping its a sign that I'm cycling and af is on her way!!

DH knows I chart and use OPK's, but he has NO idea how obsessed I am either! I'm so glad I'm not alone! I hide my stash behind all my lotions and hair products in my cabinet :haha: I use to try to hide the fact that I was temping (he wanted me to not be stressed ttc after our first loss) so I hid under the covers.

Johnsongirl- that's a great sign! Even if you can't ttc this month, at least your body is working properly. Maybe January is the month for you!!

Thank goodness for the Internet to find people like everyone here to talk to since it seems like a lot of us are hiding our obsessing from our husbands!

hey ladies all was good at my app yesterday the doc was great and gave us some great encouragement. iv had my bloods done before and they all came back fine so he didn want to do anythin else i was bit gutted coz i was hopin for a scan on my ovaries lol as i keep gettin pain in both.
topanga thats good that they gonna do prog test, i had it before its very reasuring, hope u get good results with that, last time mine was over 80 lol.
my af due tomoro or fri- or perhaps next week because i ovd late on cd 18....oh my god im so confused ha ha, iv caved an started testin las night on tesco cheapies, could hav swore there was the lightest line known to the human eye and same today, thinkin they could be evaps tho so not countin my chicks jus jet.... im only on cd 9 .

Ooh cozmos, hope those lines are the start of your bfp!!!

Mack, when is your appointment tomorrow? Hopefully early so you're not worrying all day!

yous are so funny!!.....i always be like ooh this month im not goin to obsess....then i do lol, i dont think my df really minds...iv jus asked him to go get me more tests from the 24 hour tesco he he....i loves him. i generally use the lotions an potions to hide my stash from my daughter she misses nothing!!
im hopin so much for a bfp now eeeeeeeeeeeek !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->