I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Thanks for the welcomes, ladies!

Sophiasmom, I’m glad I’m not the only one just starting the TWW! I got a temp rise today, so I’m officially 1 dpo too. It sounds like your bd timing was great, and it’s promising that you’re already getting potential symptoms! I’ve got my fx for you.

Bluebird, I think I’ll wait till Friday as well, if I can! 9 dpo will be better than 8 for me. I understand how you’re feeling with the hpts. My levels took 5 weeks to drop after my ectopic. I saw lines on a FRER all the way down to 3 hcg! It’s good that you have a reliable symptom! My taste is usually off with pregnancy too. When I was pregnant with my dd (6 years ago), I kept buying new boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios with different expiration dates because they all tasted like buttered popcorn to me! With my ep, barbeque chips tasted like dirt!

You ladies are too funny! I also hide the extent of my obsession from dh, even though I leave dozens of old pee sticks lined up in the bathroom to see the progression ( I also tape them into a notebook with little bits of info like what time I peed, and how concentrated my urine was :haha:). I think he’s mostly just oblivious to my charting, but I also take care not to parade it. I bought a fertility monitor off ebay last month, and it’s even more fun than the pee sticks (although I use those too, three different brands, in fact!).

Fxed for all those getting close to testing. How exciting! :happydance:

Good luck cozmos!

mlm, my appt is a 130 so it's not too long of a wait. I don't have any bad symptoms, but if anything was going on the progesterone could mask or delay things if there is a problem so I'm still terrified. thinking I'll go to bed soon so I'll quit thinking about it. Lol

I just told my husband the same thing. We are trying again, for the 3rd time. Last month, I had a chemical pregnancy, but everything went right back to normal with AF, so I think that will take the guess work out of things. All we want is a BFHP (Big Fat HEALTHY Positive)!

P.S. Sign from above... I have no kids right now, but today in the mail I got a Similac coupon and a Children's Hospital pamplet. Odd.

Looks like I'm out for my Christmas bfp. My hcg test came back at 13, so dropped from 21 since last week. 8 weeks post d&c and I still have hcg in my system even though I got what seemed like a perfectly normal af and got a positive opk on cd16. Strange.

Hoping to move on to the next cycle quick!

Looks like I'm out for my Christmas bfp. My hcg test came back at 13, so dropped from 21 since last week. 8 weeks post d&c and I still have hcg in my system even though I got what seemed like a perfectly normal af and got a positive opk on cd16. Strange.

Ugh I'm sorry mlm, I was hoping this was it for you.

That is strange about af and the opk.... I swear you can still ovulate with HCG in your system! Have you heard of the HCG diet??? There's a diet 'fad' out there where you actually take HCG supplements and you are supposed to lose weight, some women swear by it. And you are supposed to be extra careful while on the supplements because it's easier to get pregnant!! :shrug:

mlm - I'm sorry you're out. :hugs: I experienced something similar after my ectopic. I'm pretty sure I ovulated and then had a period with hcg still in my system. After my period started, I had a beta draw, and my level was at 16. I talked to my doctor about the possibility that I ovulated, and she said that it's definitely possible if your levels are below 50. So, I'd think after your next af your level will be at 0 or close to it.

Good luck, Mackjess!

I think maybe the thread should change to Valentine's BFPs. That would be a lovely sweetheart present. :)

Thank you for that info linds, that really helps explain things for me!

I think maybe the thread should change to Valentine's BFPs. That would be a lovely sweetheart present. :)

Great idea mackjess.x

That's a great idea!

Confession #2: I bought a couple bags of dark chocolate chips yesterday so that I could make peppermink bark this weekend and then proceeded to eat half a bag while watching TV with the husband last night. His comment "Well I guess the dark chocolate layer is going to be a whole lot thinner than the white chocolate layer.... " haha! It's going to be non-existant if I wait until this weekend to do my baking.

Hope everyone is having a good day, good luck at the appt Mackjess!

That is strange about af and the opk.... I swear you can still ovulate with HCG in your system! Have you heard of the HCG diet??? There's a diet 'fad' out there where you actually take HCG supplements and you are supposed to lose weight, some women swear by it. And you are supposed to be extra careful while on the supplements because it's easier to get pregnant!! :shrug:

That's a very good point. Plus after what Linds said, I'm completely confused on the subject now. I never know what to believe! But that is true w the diet. Plus, isn't there some sort of hcg trigger to help w ovulation? :wacko:

That's a very good point. Plus after what Linds said, I'm completely confused on the subject now. I never know what to believe! But that is true w the diet. Plus, isn't there some sort of hcg trigger to help w ovulation? :wacko:

There is! That was part of the diet article I read- apparantly an injection of HCG around the time you are supposed to ovulate will 'trick' your body into thinking you have just had an LH surge and it will cause you to ovulate. I dunno, there's just so many different opinions/theories out there!
We BDed when we felt like it this month so im just going to hope for the best :thumbup:

Had my scan today. They said my bean looked perfect, HB 172, measuring 7weeks 2days. I am actually happy. So far I've just been nerves.

Thanks again for all of the thoughts for my wee bean. You have no idea how much that helps me and I'm grateful for the wonderful ladies on this thread. I can't wait for more scans and more BFPs from everyone to follow!!

Baker - I like your sign from above. :hugs:

Oh Mack, that is so great!!! Looks like it will be an awesome Christmas for you this year!

Yay mackjess!! That's great news, so glad the little bean is happy and healthy :)

Amazing news, Mackjess! I'm thrilled for you! :happydance: I hope you can start to enjoy your pregnancy now.

Fantastic news Mackjess! So pleased for you! And I love the idea of extending the thread to Valentines. I want to see how everyone gets on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->