ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Kaye, sorry to hear the bad news. It must be really frustrating for both of you. I know that this is not what you want to hear right now. But, they will have to schedule you eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. :hugs: don't give up!

Nj, I also don't know much about TSH. Hope you'll figure it out soon.

:hugs: big hugs kaye :hugs: so sorry that you're in this position. Do you have any options for moving clinics? It quite honestly sounds like the most unfair and cruel policy :( it seems so haphazard and disorganised. So you've got something to compare- at my clinic, they book you in for a 'week commencing' ivf start date months in advance when you're having all the other appointments and so if you couldnt get the month you wanted you had to be pushed back to the next month (but you'd know this 3/4 months in advance). They then make sure they fit in everything else in the time in between, injecting tuition, blood screening etc. It must be so stressful playing this game every month for you and so many other women!! It makes me so angry for you. I'm stressed enough with the ivf process and I havent had to deal with any of the issues about being turned away at the last minute. Please don't give up :hugs:

NJ sorry ive never been given a TSH figure

xxxx

Kaye where in the world are you? Do you pay privately or is it publicly funded? It's so different in other places! I really feel for you :( x

NJ, I'm sorry I can't help with TSH but I am sorry about your losses, and welcome x

Thanks for all of your reponses! TSH is normal between 1-4.5 but for optimal ivf success, studies confirmed that below 2.5 is best. Mine is 3.4 (normal) so I'm a little concerned since it's not below 2.5. I go to RMANJ and they take TSH levels seriously. I just want everything to work out.

So sorry kaye, it really is unfair, do you have the option of moving clinics? I feel frustrated enough having long cycles and waiting for af, it's been 4 months since ny first appointment because of af being delayed, really hope you get some clearer answers soon xx

Last time I took provera, I'm not sure about bcp but I'm going to ring and ask tomorrow, cant keep waiting in hope af will show!

Waiting that long would drive me crazy! Definitely call them to speed things up. They usually put you on bcp anyway before ivf for down regulation so it will take care of af too at the same time.

Ill see what they say tomorrow, hopefully something positive, im doing short protocol so wont be down regulating but still hope they will speed af up :)

Kaye - If im honest i would be bloody fuming!! :hugs: So sorry that u have been put off cycling, i agree with others that its very bad management on the clinics part :( are u able to book it up in advance? xx

Nj - :hi: Heya hun. do u know what they have measured the fsh, amh and estradol in? I know amh has 2 different measurements - pmol/l and ng/ml so u get very different results using each one.

The tsh i know should be between 1-2 for optimum results. So it is a bit high. Really they should regulate with medication first so that u dont waste ur time and money cycling before hand. My tsh levels fluctuate as i have autoimmune thyroiditis but not actual hypothyroidism. They still put me on replacement meds. xx

Star - yeah id ask for provera/northisterone hun, sounds like uve been waiting for af to show up for too long :hugs: xx

I have my date for my baseline scan now which is awesome! 29th October at 7.30am, so an early morning start for me :( got my northisterone, lubion and clexane already, just waiting on the most important stuff - menopur and ovitrelle to get this show on the road!

Hows everyone doing? xx

Great news you've got your plan through plex :happydance:
All good with me, on countdown to my scratch a week on tuesday! Xxxx

Kaye - Really sorry the clinic have said no this month. Like others on here I really feel for you and it seems a really harsh way to treat you at what is such a stressful time as it is. Do you have any options for changing clinics or do the benefits of this clinic outweigh the waiting they make you do?

Alex - congrats on a baseline date! :)

1st stim of menopur stung quite a bit this morning compared previous experiences with gonal-f but hopefully it'll be worth it!

I'm dreading it bumpsparkle but like you Said it will be worth it :)

Plex, thank you for support, exciting you dont have long! X

Jungle, not long now til scratch, it definitely helps to be doing something like youre moving forward :)

Hi everyone.

Thanks ladies for your support. Feeling better today. I'm in manchester and on nhs. We did try to get TRSF to care clinic but they said no they will not fund us there. Unfortunately I am just going to have to wait and try to be patient. Doesn't look like I will be on the same time line as you ladies. I wish you all the luck in the world and can't wait to see all the BFP'S.

Plex - yay for the date of your scan xx

Jungleland - 8 more sleeps then it will be here. Hope it goes fast for you. Another thing ticked off and you will be all ready to go xx

You're stimming bumpsparkle! :wohoo:

I've only ever used gonal f so not sure if the sting is common hun, the cetrotide that I introduce on day 5ish of stimming stings like mad though and gives me a red mark for about 10hrs but I've been told it's normal xxxx

Thanks jungleland. I've always found the same with cetrotide and I've now learnt the hard way that menopur is the same! I've always thought that at least with cetrotide I've only had to take it for 4 or 5 days, but it's harder when you've got a stim injection that stings too lol! Spose I won't grumble if the menopur leads to better results for me though hehe!

Star - try not to worry about the injections. I have a huge needle phobia (fainting, puking the lot!) so if I can get through them anyone can! After the first few you'll be fine :)

2 stims down and my overies are making themselves heard already. I am on a 300 dose so I guess things might get going quicker than before (only 200 and 225 before).

Does anyone know whether a hot water bottle or heat pad can help develop the eggs during stims? I'm finding it comforting at the moment but I've read mixed reports about whether it's good or bad at this stage??

I know after ET is a definite no no though x

I'm not sure about that bumpsparkle, I suppose of just warm and not boiling hot should be ok?
Now I'm scared about the cetrotide lol, I have gonal f and cetrotide and an injection of buserelin day of transfer and ovetrille ( sp?) to trigger
Ive just phoned clinic, ive got an appointment for scan this thurs, if everything ok start provera amd then I can finally start stimming if everythings ok when af arrives!
Spoke to the researchers too of the trial and they said it's fine for them too and meeting them to pick up more drinks as running low, cant wait to get started!

How is everyone else today?

Jungle, we could be starting around the same time as long as I haven't got any stupid cysts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->