ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Not too bad thank u, todays one hurt a bit but when I took it out it was at a slightly different angle to what I put it in but think I was tired and stood up too so my hands weren't too steady
Just woke up from a nap ( I'm sometimes lazy after work lol) and I feel really sick, says on gonal f app that this can be a common side effect
For those who have been through this already did you have any side effects whilst stimming? Xxx

I'm always careful with angles too Star (well..advising OH to pull it out the same way he stuck it in! Haha!)

I don't recall feeling sick with gonal f, in fact the first cycle I had zero side effects and carried on life as normal, I felt a slight 'full' feeling in the end thats all. But 2nd round I felt very very tired, despite sleeping the same amount as normal. I felt dehydrated too and fatigued and massively bloated, as if I was 20wks pregnant already (despite growing only an additional 2 eggs)! It must vary from cycle to cycle so I'm hopeful I react well this time round! Xxxx

For those who have been through this already did you have any side effects whilst stimming? Xxx

I stimmed with 250IU Puregon + 75 Menopur + Orgalutran starting on day 6 last time. I can honestly say that I tolerated the meds VERY well and had no side effects until about day 8/9 when I really felt very bloated. It was a bit cumbersome to move in the last 2-3 days before my retrieval, as I could physically feel my gigantic ovaries when I walked (esp up and down the stairs). But, I didn't have the side effects that I had with clomid and letrozole (hot flashes and awful 5-day long migraines) so I really can't complain too much.

Jungleland - good luck at the appointment! Can't wait to hear updates about your follies. :)

Jungle - yay! For :witch::witch: Hope all goes well tomorrow and you can start stimming Friday.

ILT - sorry to hear that this cycle was cancelled. I believe everything happens for a reason and so that will be your time!

Star - was going to ask you how the injections were going, but I see you have given us an update. I understand different people react very differently to the meds and as Jungle said, even from cycle to cycle the reaction can be different.

AFM - still waiting for full flow. Think I might join you in the squats Jungle!

Thanks 3chords and psalm! Hoping all looks normal on tomorrows scan, but will be holding my breath as she switches the ultrasound machine on!

Things I did to bring on AF-
- running
- squats/lunges
- gallons of orange juice
- praying to my fertility goddess!!

Not quite sure which of the above worked Psalm :D xxxx

Thank u ladies, I also have a Dodgy tummy which I can only put down to the meds, I never get ill, especially sickness, even when we had norovirus at work and 20 people got it including staff I worked every day and felt fine
I'm tired too jungle, I slept yesterday afternoon for 2 hrs and today, I never normally sleep after work, I'm dreading Fri as leave at 8:15 for appointment and have to go straight to work after so wont be home til after 8pm and the traveling for appointments is enough, I'm not normally this wimpy but at the moment all I want to do is concentrate on ivf and not work!
Ive sorted my Rota though so as of next weds I'm off for however long I need, im hoping ec will be end of next week then I can take 2 weeks off after that

Psalm, get squatting and running!

Hi

Ilt, sorry to hear about the cyst and having to wait until Jan. Hopefully you can find lots to keep you busy until then.

Jungle, news on AF arriving, good luck with your appointment tomorrow morning.

For those of you who have just started injections/will be starting soon, I hope things are going well and the side effects are not too bad.

Afm, nothing much going on here, just waiting to start Suprefact in about 10 days. Want it to hurry up now!

A break sounds good Star, I'm so relieved that I'm off this time round. Are you having a progress scan on fri?

Madonna- thank you! Your next step will come round quicker than you think :)

How are our very early posters doing? Lizzie, Cali, Tuesday, Kaye? Are you lurking? Big hugs and a wave if you are :hi: :hugs: xxxx

Jungle, yes progress scan is Fri, bit scared thats nothings happening or something so just want Friday ro be here now, hope yours goes well in the morning, so exciting xxx

Good thing I wanted to start this cycle stress-free!! Errr.. nurse called me back, the doctor failed to tell me, and I totally forgot that DH has to bring in a sperm sample again to freeze so he needs to do that asap and of course they are completely booked on the days that DH can go in so he's going to have to go to work late one day!! The nurse told me I had to go in for an ultrasound before starting the cycle as well, which doctor didn't tell me either!!!! But since af is almost due, she said to just go in on day two. Craziness. They are sending my scripts to the pharmacy, though, so that'll be done.

Its not always easy to stay stress free no matter how hard we try! Especially when it's managing appointments round work xx

You're lucky Star, I dont get a progress scan until day 8 of stims (day10 of cycle)! Madness! I always worry that either nothings happened or my ovaries are about to explode lol

beneath- I dont know how you feel but I often feel like I'm managing my own cycle, if I didnt ask questions I'm sure they wouldn't tell me!! And nurses are wayyyy better than doctors at the q&a stuff xxxx

Ooh thats fair jungle, I couldnt wait that long, my next one after Fri will probably be Monday
How many scans do you have throughout?

You're lucky Star, I dont get a progress scan until day 8 of stims (day10 of cycle)! Madness! I always worry that either nothings happened or my ovaries are about to explode lol

beneath- I dont know how you feel but I often feel like I'm managing my own cycle, if I didnt ask questions I'm sure they wouldn't tell me!! And nurses are wayyyy better than doctors at the q&a stuff xxxx

Yeah, it's crazy! I can't think of everythinggggg. What am I paying them thousands of dollars for?! lol

Beneath- exactly! When it ends in bfp it'll be money well spent at least :)

Star- my first cycle I literally had a scan on day 2, day 10 and then booked in for collection! On my 2nd round I had an extra scan on day 11 too xxxx

Beneath- exactly! When it ends in bfp it'll be money well spent at least :)

Star- my first cycle I literally had a scan on day 2, day 10 and then booked in for collection! On my 2nd round I had an extra scan on day 11 too xxxx

Well worth it!!

That's all the scans you had? I have to go in every other day so it's at least 5-6 scans!

I've always thought it was strange, but it's in their standard booklets etc so must be my clinics common practice xxxx

I've always thought it was strange, but it's in their standard booklets etc so must be my clinics common practice xxxx

True! It might be less stressful that way too.. going every other day and waiting for a phone call after blood work is just so stressful!!!

That's true, have they ever altered your dose during your regular scans up to day 8 of stimms? Or was it just for reassurance that all looked normal? Do they do bloods every couple of days as well? Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->