ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Looks like i will be joining you ladies sooooo ... Af is here!

Nurse said to go in for baseline after first full day of flow.. So i should be going saturday for baseline right?

BMW - Congrats on AF!! :happydance: I was told to go in the day after you have full flow - so long as you have seen "red" before midnight that is Day 1. So even if you see red at 11.30pm, that would still be counted by them as Day 1 and you need to go in the next day for Day 2 bloods. The worst thing they can say is that you haven't shed enough and that you need to wait another day to start stimming, but you don't want to miss the day because you went in a day late.

Let us know what you decide xoxo

BMW - Congrats on AF!! :happydance: I was told to go in the day after you have full flow - so long as you have seen "red" before midnight that is Day 1. So even if you see red at 11.30pm, that would still be counted by them as Day 1 and you need to go in the next day for Day 2 bloods. The worst thing they can say is that you haven't shed enough and that you need to wait another day to start stimming, but you don't want to miss the day because you went in a day late.

Let us know what you decide xoxo

Crap... I have work tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to go in till after work, and they monitor in the morning. UGh! More stress.

Yay beneath! Hope you can get there in time xx

Just a quick question.. You all seem to be a few weeks ahead of me on the injections and stuff, are you all doing the short or long protocol?
You seem to be waiting for AF before you start your stimming injections?
When I had my treatment plan the other day I have to inject with buserelin for about 2 weeks starting on day 21 and then as long as I have had my period I go in for a scan after 2 weeks and then start stimming if all is ok? They haven't mentioned waiting for AF before injecting. Is this the difference between the protocols??
Ta :)

Hi chimmi, I'm on the short protocol so start stimming when get af, the long protocol is different where you have down regulation first, not sure exactly how it works but sounds like your on the long protocol xx

Sorry that wasn't a very good explanation, sure someone can do better though!

I'm on way to scan, had a nightmare this morning, first cetrotide wouldn't all dissolve ( did in the end) then I couldn't suck it all back up as had needle in at a funny angle, got there in the end, then done gonal f and couldn't get needle off the pen! Was in a right panic as didnt want to bring it with me as kept in fridge and would only have enough for next 2 days so wouldn't have any for Monday, was about to phone clinic, had one more go and I done it!

I have quite sensitive skin and have a small red rash where I done the cetrotide, is this normal?

Any news on your baseline beneath?

Just had my scan, have 14 follies on right and 11 on left, nurse said all was good, 1 was bigger than the others and shooting ahead on the chart so might not be any good if goes too far ahead, lining was 8.5mm, next scan is Mon then wed, she said looks like egg collection will be next Fri, if not then Monday

Hope your all well xx

Called The office this morning and turns out I need to go today for my baseline so it has been a crazy morning already. I needed to get my job covered and now I have to run to the bank to make a bank check because I need to make my payment today also.... Crazy. My head already hurts!!

BMW - sorry for the stress! Hope you got it all sorted out and that you can start the cycle today!

Star - great number of follies! Sounds like you are responding well. Sorry to hear about the rash at the injection site. If you are worried, mention it to the clinic. They want to know about side effects where I am, so I am sure it is similar/the same where you are.

Chimmi - Star is absolutely right. If you are on the long protocol you typically have to down reg first starting with day 21 of the cycle before. Are you on BCP? I am also on the short protocol like Star and so just needed to wait for AF to start. Hope you get all the answers you need - we are all here to help :hugs:

AFM - just got back to work after my Day 2 scan. No cysts on either ovary :happydance: and lining is 3.9 (which Dr said was excellent). So now, as long as I don't get a call before 4.30pm today, I start my injections tonight. :thumbup:

Great news psalm! What meds are u on?

Hope you got things sorted beneath, I had all that Mon am when I phoned for my baseline, I have to get a ferry too and they wouldn't let me book within the hour so had to change appointment time then had work too, it's got better now though, so excited your starting again xx

BMW - sorry for the stress! Hope you got it all sorted out and that you can start the cycle today!

Star - great number of follies! Sounds like you are responding well. Sorry to hear about the rash at the injection site. If you are worried, mention it to the clinic. They want to know about side effects where I am, so I am sure it is similar/the same where you are.

Chimmi - Star is absolutely right. If you are on the long protocol you typically have to down reg first starting with day 21 of the cycle before. Are you on BCP? I am also on the short protocol like Star and so just needed to wait for AF to start. Hope you get all the answers you need - we are all here to help :hugs:

AFM - just got back to work after my Day 2 scan. No cysts on either ovary :happydance: and lining is 3.9 (which Dr said was excellent). So now, as long as I don't get a call before 4.30pm today, I start my injections tonight. :thumbup:

No not on bcp she crossed it off my prescription when I was there the other day to pick up my injection stuff?

Hi Chimmi, It sounds like I'm on a similar protocol to you. I'm not on bcp but start injections for down regulation on day 22 (rather than day 21 because I have long cycles, although I'm not sure 1 day makes that much difference!). Day 22 is 1st Nov for me.

I can't really give any clues as to why we're on long protocol and most other people seem to be on short protocol, this is my first IVF attempt and I wasn't given any choice, I'm just doing what I'm told! I guess the Drs know what they're doing!

Hi all! I've had a busy 24hrs and I've missed pages and pages of updates!!

Star- yes we're definitely reassured by the quality over quantity outlook :)
You've probably had reassurance from the clinic already but I get a red itchy oval patch around each cetrotide injection site too. It lasts a few hours then fades. It's totally normal. It's also soooo fiddly to administer, cant remember what page on this thread I wrote some guidance on but I've found a technique that works for me that dissolves all the powder pretty good. Will try and find it for you.
I had a lead folly in my 1st cycle which caused us to have to have egg collection a day early but still got eggs out of most follies and more more than half were mature.

Plex- I see why you don't want to start early now. It must be nice to have that kind of continuity though, I've seen 5 different consultants for consultations, egg collection, embryo transfer and endo scratch now!
I really hope you dont have to cancel :hugs:

Morana- great that you've got a date! :happydance:
I've always gone into ET with a really full bladder, to the point where they always go "bloody hell look at the size of that!" while pointing at the monitor! But they only let people stay on the bed for 5mins before it's up and out! (which always freaks me out)

Lazydaisys- I'm sorry about your lining :( I bet you feel helpless! I so hope the drugs can kick in and you don't have to cancel :hugs:

Beneath- yes fingers crossed for frosties this time round. Woohoo for AF arrival! The rule about when to go in is different for me. If AF arrives before 5pm it's classed as day1. If it's after 5pm it's classed as the next day being day1. Sorry for all the stressy running around you've had to do, hopefully you can chill tonight

Psalm- great news you're starting tonight! How do you feel about it?

Chimmi- I'm sorry hun I don't know anything about long protocol, I've always done the antagonist. I hope you can get some reassurance from the other ladies who've done long,

Madonna- not long for you now hun!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- 1st injection this morning with gonal f was fine, no problems. I baked focaccia today with my friend, we had a lovely catchup :) and played with my goddaughter (nearly 2yrs old) and last night I went out for tea with friends and went to a fairly chilled gig. Good times :) xxxx

Hi Chimmi, It sounds like I'm on a similar protocol to you. I'm not on bcp but start injections for down regulation on day 22 (rather than day 21 because I have long cycles, although I'm not sure 1 day makes that much difference!). Day 22 is 1st Nov for me.

I can't really give any clues as to why we're on long protocol and most other people seem to be on short protocol, this is my first IVF attempt and I wasn't given any choice, I'm just doing what I'm told! I guess the Drs know what they're doing!

Yeah sounds the same! My injections are actually on day 22 too? Didn't pay much attention to it and didn't ask why as I assume they know what they are doing . Only when I said my cycle is about 30 days she said "oh" and crossed off something from my prescription so I asked what it was and why and she just said "it's to make you have a bleed" but as you have a bleed every Month you won't need it(?)
Mine start on 6th November so few days after you would be good to keep in touch :)
This is my first ever treatment so it's a bit daunting. The nurse said "oh" (again) when I said I had never had any hospital treatment done, no operations or anything and she said "not even an IUI?" Lol.. Nope! Argh :/

AF arrived right on time but my cycle was cancelled because I have the worst luck in the world.

Our RE and the embryologist are presenting a paper at a conference on the west coast for 2 days right around my transfer date and since we are doing PGS this just doesn't work at all.

So I will start in 4 weeks when AF arrives again. Really upset about this as I do NOT want to deal with this (and especially a BFN) before the holidays, but what can you do. Good luck to you all and I'll join in on the next thread for Nov/Dec peeps!

3chords- I'm so sorry for you :hugs: I hope you can find some positivity about moving forward a month later. I hope the time flies for you

Chimmi - 1st cycle is definitely daunting, you know you have a lot of support on here with any questions/venting/reassurance :hugs: xxxx

Sorry to hear that 3chords, how frustrating for you xx

Dont worry jungle, I made sure I already looked back at your advice :) took me a while to find the page but made sure I found it before this morning! X

Quick question, when is last day of stimms, is it day before egg collection or say I done the trigger weds night after weds am scan would I still stimm Thursday morning? I know the clinic will tell me but just curious)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->