ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

3chords -- Ugh! I'm sorry, hun. That sucks you had to cancel your cycle and having to go through during holidays!!! Hope this month goes by super fast for you.

Star -- Great number of follies, hun!!!! I stimmed the last day, next day did my trigger and then no more injections after that.

I had my scan this morning. All is well!! Ovaries are quiet and no cysts =) Now just waiting for my meds and a call from the nurse with my official okay to start tonight!!!

Psalm -- Thanks, hun. What a morning! I hope the stress is over with and the rest of the cycle goes smoothy. Fx! We are cycle buddies, how exciting!! Hopefully bump buddies soon :hugs:

Star- are you injecting at night or morning? I always inject in morning so that if I was having EC on a wednesday I would stim on the monday morning, trigger monday night, nothing on tuesday then EC on weds morning.

Beneath- great news that you're good to go! :happydance: xxxx

Yeah in the morning, just curious, hope I dont need to order any more meds, got enough til weds

I've had EC on cycle days13 and 14 in the past Star, so 9 and 10 days respectively total days stimming in total, if that helps xxxx

Beneath - yay for cycle buddies!! :happydance: I really really hope we are bump buddies too!! So glad you went this morning and didn't wait til tomorrow.

Jungle - how are you doing? Glad to be getting into the swing of things now? I think I saw that the injections went well this morning, so hope that continues. Might be coming to you for tips :thumbup:

3chords - so sorry to hear that the cycle has been cancelled. Do you go to a small practice? I have a group practice and so any Dr could be on for monitoring any day and similarly as you get further down the process, literally any of the Dr's could be the one doing the ER and ET. Best of luck to you for the next cycle :hugs:

Star - how are you feeling over all? Any side effects?

Chimmi - we have to put a lot of faith in these Dr's that they know the best protocol to put us on. Frankly, I think a lot of people assume that the first IVF is a bit of trial and error since they don't know how we will react. Hopefully this is the start of your journey to a H&H 9 months.

Hi Plex! Hi Madonna!

AFM - just waiting to get home from work and sort out the first injection (arrghh)! I think you asked me how I was feeling Jungle and the answer is I feel weird. I am super excited to get started and a part of me can't believe it is really time to start doing this now after months of talking about it and waiting to do it. But I am also scared ... not sure of what. Scared of it failing, scared of it working, scared of not having DH here next to me through it all. :cry: But we are strong and we will get through this together!!

Wow this thread is really moving and great to see AF arriving for many. Hopefully time flies for those still waiting.

Star - usually you'll trigger on the night of your last stim. So hopefully, at the latest you'll jab weds AM, trigger weds nite, nothing on thurs (yay!) and EC Fri. Clinics are really good at arranging same day delivery of meds if you need to go beyond weds tho so don't worry :) Were you told the sizes of your follicles 2day? Sounds like you've got an amazing number growing!

Moranna/laisydaisy - do you know what grade your frozen embies are? My transfer got cancelled this month and we're lucky enough to have some frosties for January but we're not very clued up on the gradings.

Jungle that helps thank you, weds is day 10 of stimms so hoping that is it
How are you feeling? Xx

Psalm, been a bit tires but could be due to work and appointments, other day felt sick all afternoon and a bit headachy last few days but not too bad thank you xx

Bumpsparkle, nurse didnt say about sizes and I always hate asking too many questions! Next time though I'll ask that yhe smallest and biggest ones are, how are you? Xx

Psalm, I feel weird like you too, waited so long for this and now it's happening I haven't really thought about the end result, its hard to explain like going through the motions and not really thinking the outcome could be my dream come true, I feel I should be more excited than what I am, for the last few months I thought I would be and that makes me feel a bit annoyed that I'm not if any of that made sense?? Xx

Psalm -- I'm feeling the same way. I catch myself getting excited but then I'm scared since IVF#1 was a BFN.. I'm too afraid to get excited this time. I guess we just need to stay positive and take it as it comes!!

When is your next scan? I am scheduled to go in Monday morning.

AFM -- My meds are getting delivered from 7-10 tonight. Yeah, good thing I called three days in advance so this would not happen. I feel like everything is happening so fast this cycle since it's short protocol. I am just mentally tired already!!

AF arrived right on time but my cycle was cancelled because I have the worst luck in the world.

Our RE and the embryologist are presenting a paper at a conference on the west coast for 2 days right around my transfer date and since we are doing PGS this just doesn't work at all.

So I will start in 4 weeks when AF arrives again. Really upset about this as I do NOT want to deal with this (and especially a BFN) before the holidays, but what can you do. Good luck to you all and I'll join in on the next thread for Nov/Dec peeps!

I commented on your Blog just before 3 Chords but we can be cycle buddies Nov/Dec too! I'm just having my hysteroscopy this cycle so I will be on the look out for the thread :)

Sorry that wasn't a very good explanation, sure someone can do better though!

I'm on way to scan, had a nightmare this morning, first cetrotide wouldn't all dissolve ( did in the end) then I couldn't suck it all back up as had needle in at a funny angle, got there in the end, then done gonal f and couldn't get needle off the pen! Was in a right panic as didnt want to bring it with me as kept in fridge and would only have enough for next 2 days so wouldn't have any for Monday, was about to phone clinic, had one more go and I done it!

I have quite sensitive skin and have a small red rash where I done the cetrotide, is this normal?

My skin did the same, it looked like a nettle sting and a couple of hours later it was gone.:hugs:

Had some sticky situations with the injections once too ended up losing the gonal f solution with a leaky injection and had to go to the clinic for an extra one.

Hope you are having a better day. I was stressed out ,so I can imagine. Xx

Thank u lazydaisys, thats what it looked like actually, a nettle rash then was gone after a couple hours, the rest of the day was fine apart from having to go to work lol
Ive got tomorrow afternoon and thurs afternoon then I'm off for over 2 week's, might have tues afternoon too but I'll have to check, cant wait though I'm dreading 2ww if I get that far

Have a good weekend everyone! Xx

Hi all,
I did a silly thing this morning (I'm blaming it on being a bit tired)....
I'm on 200 Gonal F (pen) and this morning i forgot to set the dosage and stuck it in my belly, then realised it was set to zero dose so took it out, set the dosage and had to do it again! 2 stabbings when I only needed 1.... totally unnecessary*:dohh: xxxx

Psalm- you wont be coming to me for injection tips after this mornings debacle haha! How did your first one go?

Bumpsparkle :hi: I hope you are well!

Star- EC timings sound perfect :)

Lazydaisys- a leaky needle would be awful! A good reason why it's good to write down the dosages as you go along :thumbup:

Beneath / Psalm / Star- I think we protect ourselves by 'going through the motions' and not getting excited during the treatment. If we're not that high we've got less far to fall if it ends in BFN. But feeling weird and scared is perfectly normal and we all have each other to lean on for support :hugs: xxxx

Thank u jungle, dont know what would do without you ladies xx

Also I nearly done the same thing this morning and just remembered to set the dose to 200 but was ready to stick it in without setting it! Cetrotide stung this morning xx

I'm dreading the cetrotide to be honest, but it's got to be done! I like to swear when OH puts the needle in haha i think it helps! xxxx

Bumpsparkle, no, I don't know the exact grade the embryos are. I didn't want to know , really, after reading a bunch of articles last time. Knowing just makes me anxious, but our RE did say a couple times that they are 'beautiful ' I'm sticking with that :)

Ahh thats lovely morana, id stick with that too xx

Jungle, the swearings a good idea lol,dh has been asleep when ive been doing them last few days, tonight he wont be home til 5am so I had no choice but to do them myself ( after the first one that is!) ovaries are feeling heavy today anf so are boobs xx

Morana - ahhh that's such a lovely idea. I feel like I need to have all the facts (good or bad) but I can see how sometimes I'd be better off not knowing.

Star- that 'heavy' feeling is a good normal sign :) just make sure you're drinking lots of water xxxx

BMW - Yay for starting hun! Sounds like u had a crazy day the day of ur scan - at least ur on ur way again now! xx

Star - Great number of follicles hun! My last day of stimms is the day of trigger shot - hope this helps :) xx

Psalm - Awesome that u can start and have no cysts :D xx

Chimmi/Madonna - I had to do the long protocol first time too, i think theyre scared theyll over stimulate and bring on OHSS so they're very conservative. the short protocol is for ladies where the long protocol hasnt worked/they respond poorly or have DOR xx

Jungle - Great news starting ur injections yesterday! How are u getting on with them? Ive gone consultant led private, generally its nurse led private, bit more expensive but i get the same person all the way through the cycle which is brill. xx

3Chords - Oh my hun :( thats really awful :hugs: frustrating as theres not much u can do about it either - sorry its been put back :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->