ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Did my first night of injections last night. Wasnt so bad second time around. Dh does them for me. I did two injections last cycle in the morning myself, the Ganirelix. The needle on the Ganirelix is real dull, and I would poke myself and it wouldn't go in so I'd have to really stab myself! Not fun.. lol. Ahhh, can't believe I'm on the roller coaster again! Luckily we all have each other in here!!

Well done beneath, the ganirelix doesnt sound fun, all be worth it in the end and I agree, thank god for everyone here! Xx

Plex, how are you? I'm clearer on when the last stim is now, really hope mine is weds with ec Fri xx

Thanks Plex, all going good for me, 3rd injection tomorrow, can't believe it's day3 of stimming already! Time is flying which is good and bad. Good because it's one day closer to BFP and bad because I'm on leave from work and I don't want it to end!

Beneath- that ganirelix injection sounds brutal! I'm glad it's so far so good for you :)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :) xxxx

I know what you mean about time flying jungle, cant believe I'm on day 7 of stimms tomorrow already!

Omg this is so exciting that you lot are flying through your injections..! It's going to get very interesting this thread!! :)

I'm dreading the 2ww, its going to be so scary!

I've always felt 'pregnant' during the ivf 2ww, really sore boobs/nipples, nausea, fatigue, taste changes, you name it, I've had it, but never ended it with a BFP! It's torture! I think it's the trigger and the progesterone which gives all he symptoms Xxxx

You're right chimmi, lots going off! And wont be long til it's your turn :) xxxx

You're right chimmi, lots going off! And wont be long til it's your turn :) xxxx

Yeah I know, I can't wait!!
Will be very scared and anxious when it comes to it though so I will enjoy the excitement of now lol xx

Hey girls

Do you mind if I join your group? This is my first ivf cycle and I'm a bit nervous. I'm on the long protocol and on day 11 of the down reg. my baseline scan is on the 6 th of nov. Xxxx

Hi keri :)
How are the injections going? Are you having normal IVF or with icsi? :)

Hey girls

Do you mind if I join your group? This is my first ivf cycle and I'm a bit nervous. I'm on the long protocol and on day 11 of the down reg. my baseline scan is on the 6 th of nov. Xxxx

Welcome! Your scan will be here before you know it :)

Hi Keri, welcome :) hope all going well so far?

When I just done the cetrotide a little drop came out at the end, must have been an air bubble I didnt see, it was right at the end, will this matter? Took me
Ages to draw it back into syringe as well this morning, be glad when I'm done with this!

Hi keri :)
How are the injections going? Are you having normal IVF or with icsi? :)

Hi
I'm having normal ivf. I'm on Lipton nasal spray the now not the injection. The less injections the better. How are you getting on?

Hi ladies, it's been a manic week so not been on here much but catching up and great to see things are moving in the right direction. There have been lots of questions on here but sorry I can't remember who asked them

Acupuncture is great for me, yes it's very expensive but I wanted to do things the same as my last cycle so I have no regrets.

The long protocol is usually the standard, it basically shuts your system down first so that they can take over. I done this on my last cycle but doing the short one this time in hope of getting more eggs.

Hope you are all getting on ok with the injection, for someone who is terrified I found them ok. They told me a hold it like a pen, lean forward, rest my wrist on my stomach and then stab, it goes in at an angle and worked each time for me. Oh and I also got a little rash sometimes I was told to just make sure my underwear or clothes don't sit on the area.

AFM the witch showed her face Friday evening so I should be going in on Monday to get started, need to call first thing. Nervous and excited.

No a different note, does anyone have good ideas to avoid drinking on nights out? It's my friends birthday next weekend and a big night out has been organised, now I am not usually one to turn down wine but obviously I need to totally avoid it and need a good excuse.

I am typing this on my phone so sorry if it's all over the place. Hoping to get on here a lot more next week and looking forward to hearing how everyone is getting on.

X

Star- dont worry at all about the drop out of the cetrotide, I've been taught to fire a little bit upwards out of the needle before putting it in to get rid of air bubbles each time. There's a lot more than it looks in the actual syringe.

Keri- welcome :hi: hope you're getting on ok with the down regging, the nasal spray doesn't sound pleasant but you're right, it's probably favourable compared with extra injections

Pinkie- great news that you'll be getting started in the next couple of days! Excuses for not drinking-

- needing to drive
- needing to drive somewhere v.early the next day
-saving money/ cant afford it
- there's something in uk called 'go sober for october' so you could pretend you're doing that?
- on antibiotics which react badly with alcohol. E.g. for something like a wisdom tooth so people don't think you've got some terrible infection :blush:

Any good? Xxxx

Thank you for the advice ladies and reassurance yet again! I did think about pushing up a bit to get rid of any air bubbles bit was scared I'd go to far and squirt too much out! Feel better about it now though

Pinkie, jungle has given a lot of good reasons, I'd go for being busy or having something planned the next day so you cant be hungover like a family get together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->