ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Thank you emz, hope you can start stimming next week xx

Just a quick update for me, will get online for longer later to read up and reply xx

Got af yesterday :)happydance:) Baseline scan today - antral follicle count of 8, less than last time but more than the first two. So happy with that :D

Start menopur 300iu tonight then carry on until scan on 5th Nov (starting cetrotide on sunday), next scan after the 5th is 7th Nov then 10th Nov then collection possibly 12/13th November :D

Just hope this works now, forked out 5 grand today so it bloomin better! xxx

Just a quick update for me, will get online for longer later to read up and reply xx

Got af yesterday :)happydance:) Baseline scan today - antral follicle count of 8, less than last time but more than the first two. So happy with that :D

Start menopur 300iu tonight then carry on until scan on 5th Nov (starting cetrotide on sunday), next scan after the 5th is 7th Nov then 10th Nov then collection possibly 12/13th November :D

Just hope this works now, forked out 5 grand today so it bloomin better! xxx

Yay!!! Glad youre finally starting. Sending lots of luck your way :)

Thats great news plex! Glad your getting to start too now xx

So im kind of confused?? Got a message from IVF nurse while working to go ahead and start Ganirelex tomorrow. I didnt get sizes of my follies today, just that they were a little bigger than Monday and are growing slow, but dont you start Ganirelex when the follies are like 12-14 mm??

Hi beneath, sorry I cant help with that, can you ring the nurse back or in the morning to ask?

Hi Star,

Sorry to hear that your cycle is now a freeze all. I was gutted when we were first told the same thing the other week as you cling to the transfer part as the reason you're going thru all this but it was honestly the best decision. Although I had less follicles (24) I felt pretty shit and have only just started to feel back to myself again now. I would not have wanted to waste precious embies whilst my body was so unwell. I'm really looking forward to a FET in January as we can just enjoy the nicer part of ivf without so many yucky drugs and procedures. If I'm honest I've never felt physically ready for our previous 3 day transfers so we're really hoping that a FET will be less stressful and maybe the magic combination we need for this to work.

Sorry for the long post but having been in the same situation only last week I can definitely relate to the disappointment you are feeling and wanted to reassure you that's it's definitely a good decision!! January will be here in no time and I've booked our FET nurse consult today for early December which is only about 4 weeks away now! :)

Did you get told the level of your estrogen? Mine was 25,000 eeek!

Thank you so much bumpsparkle, it really is disappointing and just feeling really down this evening, you have made me feel alot better though, I think as well I dont actually feel unwell or any symptoms of ohss but I know the symptoms can start after the trigger ( if I was taking the hcg trigger) or egg collection
I'm going to focus on what you said about enjoying the nicer part as hadnt thought of it like that :)
I didnt get my blood results as nurse said she would only ring if the plan was to change but didnt get the call, I will ask Fri though as im curious, yours is a lot and I'm guessing mine is similar!
Did you feel any of the symptoms of ohss? Xx

Nurse called back and starting Ganirelix based on blood work results and to prevent premature ovulation.

Glad you got it sorted beneath :)

Bumpsparkle, I'm also worried I wont actually have any embryos to freeze, just be glad to get to that point at this mmoment in time and be grateful if we have

I felt quite sick before EC and obviously uncomfortable in the abdomen. I just felt drained and sick. I think I had a little bit of fluid at my last scan too. After EC I felt more sore than other cycles (more follicles to poke I guess) and still quite sick with bad headaches. I think I was only actually sick once so probably just had a mild case in the end. Just needed lots of sleep, water and sofa pj days!!

I took the Burselin trigger and glad I did as I was feeling sicky and wouldn't have wanted to feel worse with more hcg. Felt a bit sad today as today would have been test day but feeling happier that I'm back to feeling myself again.

Glad you aren't feeling too bad at the moment which can only be a good sign! Keep drinking lots of water and it sounds like they are looking after you.
Let me know if you've got any questions about EC becoz I think you said before that you were at complete which is the same as us :)

I totally get the worry about not having any embies to freeze!! We had none in other 2 cycles and were sooooo anxious in the lead up to day 5.
Unfortunately for us we didn't get the expected number of eggs from all those follicles (the clinic were really stumped on that one!) so the odds were lower as we got 8 eggs to inject in the end but were expecting 18!! But we still ended up with 3 ice babies ;-)

Hopefully you'll get loads of eggs from all those follicles and lots of options for some beautiful embies :)

Ahh thank you, I didnt know you were at complete too :)
I was more worried about being sick after EC but nurse today said should be able to leave by 11 and will have ant sickness meds if need be
I really Appreciate the reassurance, where does dh wait through EC at complete?

I had anti sickness meds through my cannula afterwards as I was still feeling sick when I woke up. They let me stay until I felt ready to leave and so didn't feel kicked out. Tea and biscuits helped too :)

They have a ward with about 4 beds where they take you through to and draw the curtains around you so you have some privacy. You get changed into a gown, visit the loo, and the anesthetist and Dr come round to chat through the procedure and do consent forms and blood pressure. When they are ready for you you walk round to the theatre room with a nurse and DH waits with your bed in the ward (maybe get him to take a book). That may be when he is called to do his sample if needed but we've always had to do that bit via sperm aspiration so not sure.

Once I sit in the theatre bed, have the cannula and drugs, I know nothing until I gently come round back in the bed on the ward (which I think they collect for you whilst you're in there lol!) DH is there waiting for me to wake up x

Thank you for the information, when I had my lap they didnt give me
antI sickness meds til early evening after I had been sick all day, they said cos I would be too drowsy but it seemed a bit daft as was drowsy anyway and my bp was so low I couldn't even sip water to try and get better, also dh wasnt allowed past the reception so was on my own throughout so it's good to know he will be there afterwards xx

Star - will be thinking of you Friday. Please take care of yourself hun. Hope you get plenty of good eggs to make beautiful embies for a January FET. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Jungle - how's the cetrotide going? I started the ganirelix tonight and it gave me a rash. It really made me itch! Weird. Just drinking some more of my special tea. Hoping it helps me get some sleep.

Xoxo

Pled - forgot to say, yay for starting!! Keep us updated on your progress. So excited for you to join us! :)

Beneath- I hope you're feeling ok today :) I'm not familiar with ganirelex but if it's like cetrotide it's purpose is to stop you ovulating early so it's not dependent on folly size

Star- I hope you're ok honey, your body definitely responded 'too well' but there was nothing you could do to prevent it. Trust your embryologist to look after your eggs and embies well while you rest up. Good luck for tomorrow, you'll be absolutely fine :hugs:

Lazydaisys- your embryo development rate on your first ivf was really good! For 4 of 5 that fertilised to get to transfer/freeze is really really good. It gives me hope that if we get a smaller number of eggs this time we'll still have a chance to get some embryos to freeze :)

Emz- fingers crossed that the sniffing for 1 more week does the trick, I hope time flies for you while you're waiting to get started

Plex- great news that AF is here and you can get started :happydance: you've got the same day2 follicle count as me :)

Bumpsparkle- great to hear from you and that you're feeling more like yourself again :)

Psalm- cetrotide is going really well thanks :) I feel like a pro now ;) my nurse did also advise to inject near the hip which I avoided in my earlier cycles because I didnt think I could pinch enough, but I'm finding it really easy and less painful to inject there than in the chubbiest area either side of tummy button xxxx

Psalm, thank you for your support, when I was on the cetrotide I got that itchy rash after but wouldn't last long, hope your ok x

Jungle, thank you too for support, still feeling a bit deflated but I know it isnt the worst that could have happened, im just worried now that any embryos we get wont make it to day 5 now we dont have the option of a 3 day transfer xx

I'm thinking positive for you hun, all those shakes you had as part of the trial will not have been in vain! :drunk: (this smilie was the closest I could get to downing lots of shakes! I hope it makes you chuckle) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->