ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Congratulations on being pupo lazydaisys :) hope this is your bfp xx

Jungle - congrats on the 7 eggs...knew they would find a few more hidden ones!! Good luck for the fertilisation report tomorrow. We were the same with the frozen sperm and DH having to be nil by mouth just in case! 1st cycle he did the aspiration without sedation as they forgot to tell him he was being sedated and he had had toast and coffee...he had to be very brave that day lol!

Star - great that your embies are still doing well and that embryoscope sounds fab. At least having so many embryos makes the OHSS more bearable! Stay positive for weds report, we were both emotional wrecks waiting for day 5, but you've got loads more embies so I'm sure you'll have some beautiful frosties too. Your FET consult is 2 weeks after mine x

Psalm - good luck for EC tomorrow. Hope you've enjoyed a drug free day!

Beneath - Big hugs and stay strong. This process really messes with your head. I don't know much about iui but you've still got a good chance with iui though right?

Lazydaisy - congrats on being pupo! Did they share the grading of your embie with you? Get plenty of rest and let the 2ww madness begin!

Hi ladies, I'm being so rubbish at keeping up with everyone, but I have a stinking headache so don't want to stare at the screen for too long.

Just a couple of quick ones!

Jungle - congrats! 7 is a great number! Fingers crossed for a good fertilisation report tomorrow!

BMW, I'm so sorry :( must be heartbreaking to get this far and then have to change your plans :( fingers crossed for your iui and I hope you find a doctor you like soon :)

AFM, day 5 of down regs and I feel awful :(

BMW - So sorry to hear about converting into an iui, at least u still get a chance with the iui :hugs: Did they give any indication of success rates for it? I think looking for another doctor is the right way forward. Horrible that you have to go through this :hugs: xx

Jungle - Yay for 7 eggies! xx hoping for good news 2moro for u :hugs: xx

Lazy - congrats on being pupo! xx

Psalm - good luck for ur collection 2moro hun xx

Ostara - Sorry ur feeling rubbish on the down reg meds :hugs: hopefully the time will fly till ur baseline scan now :D xx

Star - praying for the 'normal' looking embies to continue strongly for u! xx

Afm - nothing much to report here :( really want this scan NOW so i can see what the heck is going on in there! Just a day and a half to go, i can cope with that i think :) Feel normal still. Annoying :grr:

Congratulations on being PUPO lazydaisys!

Bumpsparkle- thank you! And to make things worse, he had to sit and watch me eat loads of biscuits and drink tea after coming out after doing my bit! My OH grimaced when I told him about the unsedated sperm aspiration!!

Ostara- thank you and sorry to hear you're not feeling well, completely understand not wanting to stare at the screen, try and have an early night hun

Plex- thank you, I hope the next day and a half flies for you. I hate the 'not knowing' part of anything! Xxxx

Thanks for the pupo congratulations. Love the word pupo!

My blast was a grade one b I think when it was frozen, but it deteriorated with the freezing. We had three frozen and they were all the same quality so we didn't bother unfreezing another.

Fingers crossed for everybody else getting to pupo soon. Xx

Bumpsparkle -- Thanks, hun. I am really trying. Just starting to lose hope on me ever getting my bfp. I tried clomid+IUI's and natural surge and that was like a 15 percent chance.. I don't know how much higher it is with injectables.

Thanks Plex and Ostara -- Had scheduled a consult with another doctor after IVF#1 failed and kept the appointment so I will be seeing him on December 8th.

BMW - im not sure about how much more increased chances are with injectables, think it depends on ur individual situation as to numbers but not sure :shrug: Im glad u still have an appointment with another RE (im praying that this cycle will be the one for u both :hugs:) xx

Wow this thread flies!!
Haven't been on for a few days, our family dog died while the rest of my family was away.. So me and my sister had to deal with it, was heart breaking!!
Only two days until I start down regging I'm so excited!! Can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone..! Nearly finished my Christmas shopping too (want to finish before I have EC and ET so that I don't have to worry about rushing round for presents in the Christmas rush!!) and can enjoy my two weeks off work :)

Beneath - it is so hard not to lose hope but hope is what keeps us trying, and without it we wouldn't keep putting ourselves through all this, therefore even a tiny bit takes us one step closer to our dream x

Sorry to hear that chimmi, must have been heartbreaking, my dog has leukemia and thats hard enough, dont know I'd do without her!

Good luck for starting meds!

Jungle - we laugh about it now but the description of the doctor showing him the 2 needles that were just to numb each of his bits seems to make any man cringe lol!
Unfortunately it meant they couldn't get enough that time due to the discomfort for him as in their terms they couldn't "dig around" as much as if he were sedated...ouch!! Sedation was very much on the agenda for him 2nd time round! ;-)

Sorry to hear that chimmi, must have been heartbreaking, my dog has leukemia and thats hard enough, dont know I'd do without her!

Good luck for starting meds!

Thanks :( I trained her when she was a pup so was very close with her. She had lung cancer, but we were told she had a few months left so was a big shock. They break your heart when they go :(

Chimmi - so sorry for your loss hunny. It must be so heartbreaking. :cry: Think of all the joy she brought to you and remember that. :hugs:

Plex - thanks so much for the wishes! I can only imagine how frustrating it can be not to know what's going on. All I can say is, the opposite is crazy too. Between last Wednesday and today, I have only not been in the clinic on Thursday of last week and had my blood drawn 4 times. They are starting to recognize me in there :haha:

Bump - wow! How on earth did your hubby cope with that one? My DH had a varicocele op in February and he was so tender afterwards and could barely walk for a couple of weeks, so I can't even imagine how your hubs managed to have them in there without sedation. :wacko:

Jungle - how are you feeling hunny? Hope your mum is taking good care of you. Rest up and praying for you for tomorrow's call on your embies.

Ostara - so sorry you aren't feeling well. Make sure to eat good food and get as much rest as you can. You are the most important thing right now and your health comes first. :hugs:

Beneath - hope that a new doctor gives you perspective and a better plan. Let me know if you want any recommendations on doctor's in NYC (I know it could be a long way to travel). I have had a few friends go through this and they went to a variety of different places - NYU, Weill-Cornell and obviously I am at CRWC. There are many others. Praying for you that this cycle is a surprisingly good one for you. :hugs:

Lazydaisys - congrats on being PUPO!! I love that acronym too. Since I have never ever had a hint of being pregnant in my life, I can't wait to be able to say that. Keep us updated on how you are feeling. When is your test date? Will you test early?

Chimmi - so sorry for your loss hunny. It must be so heartbreaking. :cry: Think of all the joy she brought to you and remember that. :hugs:

Plex - thanks so much for the wishes! I can only imagine how frustrating it can be not to know what's going on. All I can say is, the opposite is crazy too. Between last Wednesday and today, I have only not been in the clinic on Thursday of last week and had my blood drawn 4 times. They are starting to recognize me in there :haha:

Bump - wow! How on earth did your hubby cope with that one? My DH had a varicocele op in February and he was so tender afterwards and could barely walk for a couple of weeks, so I can't even imagine how your hubs managed to have them in there without sedation. :wacko:

Jungle - how are you feeling hunny? Hope your mum is taking good care of you. Rest up and praying for you for tomorrow's call on your embies.

Ostara - so sorry you aren't feeling well. Make sure to eat good food and get as much rest as you can. You are the most important thing right now and your health comes first. :hugs:

Beneath - hope that a new doctor gives you perspective and a better plan. Let me know if you want any recommendations on doctor's in NYC (I know it could be a long way to travel). I have had a few friends go through this and they went to a variety of different places - NYU, Weill-Cornell and obviously I am at CRWC. There are many others. Praying for you that this cycle is a surprisingly good one for you. :hugs:

Lazydaisys - congrats on being PUPO!! I love that acronym too. Since I have never ever had a hint of being pregnant in my life, I can't wait to be able to say that. Keep us updated on how you are feeling. When is your test date? Will you test early?

Thanks, hun. I have an appointment at SRIM.. read a lot of good things about Dr. Tortoriello so decided to go check him out. I really wanted to go to Dr. Davis at Cornell, but they don't take my insurance and just a consult is 650 =( DH has a job interview on Thursday "fx" he gets the job and gets better insurance!!!

How do you like Columbia? Which doctor do you see there?

Hi all,

Lazydaisys- first full day of the 2ww for you! What have you got planned? Resting or distraction activities?

Morana- today is your official test day isn't it, I'm thinking about you hun and send lots of good luck positive vibes

Beneath- 'from struggle comes strength' in your siggy is exactly right. Plese don't give up :hugs: Good luck for your DH's interview!

Chimmi- so sorry for your loss :hugs: You have been super disciplined with your christmas shopping, hats off to you!

Bumpsparkle- I think we've still got 2 more straws of sperm on ice so hopefully OH never has to have the SSR again!

Psalm- thanks so much, I'm quite relaxed despite waiting for the fertilisation report call which will probably be in the next hour or so. Good luck for EC!!

AFM- I've POAS this morning and it's positive from my trigger so going to test it out daily. Might do some meditation now in the lead up to the fert report phone call....

:dust: to all xxxx

Star- do you get another update on your embies today? Xxxx

That was earlier than expected...just had fertilisation report from embryologist. Of our 7 eggs, 2 have fertilised normally so they want us back in tomorrow afternoon (wednesday) for transfer. I think they'll decide whether to transfer 1 or both embies tomorrow depending on how the day1-2 cell splitting goes. I think I'm a bit shocked because the call was half an hour earlier than expected and although the fertilisation rate is quite low, i'm pleased that they can tell from the embryoscope that the 2 embryos fertilised 'normally' xxxx

Oooh jungle land you will be puppo soon!

My test day is Friday 14 November. I'm going to try and hold out until test date. Testing early was emotional agony last time. I'm off work today, working from home but mainly relaxing. Im returning to work tomorrow.

I've done an online food shop and all my cleaning is done. I'm going to take it easy this 2ww. I'm planing on watching loads of telly, loads of healthy eating, coffee with friends, teas out, niece and nephew are sleeping over on Friday. I have a new cat so I'm really enjoying snuggling with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->