ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Welcome abydix! Whereabouts are you in your cycle? Xxxx

Jungle and Lazydaisys, congrats on being PUPO! Fingers crossed for stress free 2ww that pass quickly. It's so nice that you've both got pictures of the embryos, is that a normal thing for clinics to do?

Star, great news about the frosties, glad you can relax a bit now until January.

Psalm, that's amazing that all 6 fertilised, will keep my fingers crossed for the 5 day transfer for you.

Beneath, really sorry to hear about the change to an IUI but at least you're not totally out this cycle, good luck! I hope it has gone ok the last few days.

Emz, sorry to hear things are not working out with the down regging, I hope they get the cyst sorted quickly and that you're able to continue this cycle.

Cali, good luck this weekend with the transfer!

Plex, I hope your scan went well today. You asked when I'm due to have my baseline scan, it is currently booked for 13th November, AF dependent!

Chimmi, good luck with starting the Buserelin tomorrow. How are you feeling about it? I'm getting used to it now!

Afm, I'm now on day 5 of Buserelin. It took a few days to get used to injecting myself but think I'm ok now. No side effects so far so fingers crossed this will continue! I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I'm a bit nervous of flying with my meds. Has anyone else done this? The Drs were supposed to send me a letter explaining that the needles were for medical use. They forgot, but after chasing it up it was posted to me on Monday. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow as we fly 7am on Friday!

Thanks Jungleland started downreg on the 22nd of october, my baseline scan is on the 11th

Jungleland - congrats on being pupo and it's really lovely to hear your positivity; it'll go a long way in helping those embies implant if you're not stressing

Star - really pleased for you that you've got so many frosties, I can totally appreciate that relief feeling. Having had a good few negative convo's with the clinic before, it was amazing hear those 2 words; good news! Just think, our embies could be sat next to each other in the freezer lol!

Yes my AF arrived on the embies day 6 (around day 19 in my cycle) and I reckon it's becoz of the drugs we've had to dramatically reduce our high hormone levels! Some people reckon the next one might be later to get it back on track but I'm hoping it stays this way so my Jan FET comes more quickly hehe!

I'm going to ask about another scratch at my FET consult in Dec. I'm thinking I would rather have it again as it's not expensive compared to what we pay for cycles and don't want to risk the one I had not being effective. I'll suss out how confident they are about not having and decide from there

Psalm - amazing fertilisation report hun! Get lots of rest so you're ready for transfer on Sunday

Welcome abydix nd good luck for baseline :) hope this is a lucky cycle for you

Madonna, glad to hear you ate well and soon to be stimming! Hope your letter arrives in time too :)

Bumpsparkle, thats so sweet, I hope they are in the freezer chilling next to each other and keeping each other company! I'm CD18 today my body will be in shock with 2 afs in 18 days! I hope I have*
My cycles a bit regular so my Jan one isnt too late
Definitely worth finding out about the scratch again considering the price

Madonna- thank you! My clinic always give a print out of the embryo(s) at ET to takeaway. I've got quite a selection now! :blush: it's worth an ask if your clinic don't do it automatically. Great news that you're not suffering any side effects. I've never travelled during treatment hun sorry, is it short haul or long?

Abydix- lucky no.3 for you I hope. Are you working or having time off through treatment?

Bumpsparkle- thank you, I spent my 1st 2 cycles overthinking things, stressing, feeling tired and anxious so I'm making a conscious effort to have a more positive attitude (having a 3.5wk break from work most definitely helps :) )

Bumpsparkle/Star- that's such a lovely thought that your embies are keeping each other company <3

Plex/Morana/Beneath/Chimmi/Ostara /Cali how are you all doing today?

:dust: to all Xxxx

Emz -- Sorry to hear about the down regging and the cyst! Not cool. Hope everything turns out good in the end.

Jungleland Yay!! Congrats on being PUPO! Love the picture of your embabies!!!! Hope this is it for you hun and you are carrying your baby/ies <3 Ive heard about keeping your feet warm too, get some flannel socks hehe

Star Great news on the number of frosties!!!

Psalm Amazing fert report hun! That's awesome!! So excited for you.

AFM -- Sorry if I missed anyone.. I'm just swinging by before cooking dinner. Well, I had my other IUI this morning. I am back in another tww! The doctor tried to lift my spirits and told me the times she did see an iui work after a cancelled ivf it was with woman who are relatively young and it doesn't matter how many follies there are if they are good quality it could work. I appreciate her trying make me feel better, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I'll just take it how it comes. Whats meant to be will happen any way it's done.

Around 2:30 today I started feeling my ovaries ache and laid down and took a nap and when I woke up I could barely move and now could barely walk.. It it possible to get OHSS even with only a few follicles since my meds were so high and doing an IUI? I've had IUI's before and never felt this way after one.

This is it.. Day one of my buserelin injections..! Very nervous and excited to finally start our IVF..!
My mum is coming over in an hour to help me with the first one so fingers crossed it goes ok and I can do them myself from tomorrow..

Hope everyone else is ok and this is a lucky thread..! Xx

Jungle, the flight is short haul just France to London, then a 5 hour drive to Cornwall! It is going through security I'm worried about. We're only going for 2 nights so travelling hand luggage only, and if I checked my bag in with the meds in I'd be worried about my bag going missing and having no meds in England.

Good luck Chimmi!

Beneath, hope you're feeling a bit better today and it's not OHSS.

Just done my first ever injection..! So glad it was ok, put some frozen peas on my belly first which numbed it and I didn't feel a thing! My mum was with me saying "go on just do it" and then she clapped when I had done it lol :) phew!!x

Chimmi- aw your mum is so cute! Your little ivf cheerleader! :happydance: great that you're finally getting started!

Madonna- I'm sure you'll be fine through security, people must fly with this kind of stuff all the time, diabetics for example. Plus I dont think you could actually kill someone with an ivf needle :haha:

Beneath- thanks for your support, I reckon you can also consider yourself pupo :hugs: I was considered very very low risk of ohss due to the small number of follies so I would say it's also unlikely in your case but drink lots of water and as long as you're peeing frequently and in good amounts you wont be displaying the main symptoms. I hope the symptoms you had were just waking up too quickly from the nap and your body getting used to it. Either that or it had expended all it's energy fertilising the egg while you were asleep :thumbup: I'm praying it was the latter :hugs:

AFM- settling into the 2ww :coffee: keeping my feet warm, spending majority of the first 48hrs in bed, drink lots, eating well, meditating, being a b&b addict and thinking positive thoughts. My mums coming over today to watch a film and relax with me.

Abydix - Hiya & welcome

Jungle - Love the pic it must be so nice to have that, glad to hear that you are taking it easy in your 2WW.

Beneath - Hope your feeling better soon

AFM I'm off to the clinic tomorrow to have my cyst drained so fingers crossed we can get back on track for this cycle. I'm just worrying because it's pushed everything back by 2 weeks now so my EC & ET will be at the end of Nov, I work in accounts & we're not supposed to have month end off. My Manager can be a tad temperamental to say the least so I'm panicking a tad now.

Sounds like your having a relaxing time jungle :)

Beneath, iui works and you have every chance of yours working too, a lady I know on here not long had her baby boy through iui with injectables, your sounding upbeat though which is good x

Chimmi, well done! I was so relieved when I done my first one, I was doing my other anti blood clotting one the other night and it is nasty, I was thinking to myself that a few weeks ago there would be no way I would be casually sat there injecting myself with that thing if ot wasnt for the ivf, it's funny how quickly you get used to it

Madonna, I would be worried too about losing meds! Glad to hear you are doing well though and no side effects

Emz, glad your getting back on track after tomorrow's appointment, it cant be helped though, does your manager know about the ivf?

:hi: Im having a busy time at the moment so cant do personals im afraid - will try to catch up later :)

Just wanted to quickly update that i had my scan yesterday and its not looking too bad considering i have NO bloating/aches etc

I have 5 follicles that are 13/13.5mm, 2 follicles that are 10mm, a 9mm, 8.5mm and 2 follicles of 8mm. so 11 in total, less than last cycle, but hey, better than my first two so not all bad :thumbup:

I still have 5 days of stimms to go so im hoping for some more improvement in that time, dont expect great things but its outta my hands - im just trying to go with the flow :D xxx

Emz- thank you :hugs: I'm really feeling the love on here at the moment :) All the very best of luck for tomorrow, I really hope you can continue on with the cycle afterwards. Does your manager know about the treatment? Try not to be anxious about work, this is way more important and work will have to continue without you.

Star- I agree, injections very quickly become 2nd nature

Plex- that sounds like a reassuring progress report considering your lack of symptoms, great that you are going with the flow, one step at a time :) xxxx

Sounds like scan when good plex and you still have 5 days of stimms so will have angled number of follicles :)

Jungle, all the love is good for our lucky thread, lots of bfps soon!

Afm, no phone call yet about remaining embryos, I'm not worried though as have our lucky 7 but saying that ill be calling after lunch if havent heard anything!

Xx

I received my letter from the Drs explaining that i need to carry 'needles (very small)' for medical reasons so hopefully all will be ok going through security!

Bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you received your letter Madonna!

Ive got 1 more frozen embie today, yay!

Star- great news about your extra embryo! :happydance:

Madonna- I'm certain that's all you'll need. The following is on Heathrow airport's website-

'Syringes that are needed for diabetics and other medical reasons will only be allowed in hand luggage if you can prove the medical necessity. You may wish to phone the airline in advance to find out what they require as proof of your medical condition.'

Star - 8 frozen embies :cold: that's fab you must be so pleased.

My manager knows all about the IVF & is very supportive when we're just talking about things but when I start saying that I will need time off she goes all quiet.
Hopefully I'll catch her on a good day & she'll be fine if not then tough cos as you've said Jungle this is more important than work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->