ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

I'll be 12dp2dt when my official test day comes round. It's a blood test at clinic in the morning and lunchtime phonecall for results, but I'm testing daily so will have a good idea beforehand from hpt. I'm feeling good, quite normal at the mo. I hope your day got better hun xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow Psalm, I'll be thinking about you :hugs: xxxx

Thanks so much :)

Exactly the same as here then, I actually think testing beforehand was the best thing for me, though I shouldn't have really done it, I still would have been devastated either way so almost better to have that personal time to digest.

I am so hopeful for you! Will keep you in my thoughts. x

Am hopfully going to get to do some personals today lol

Just wanted to comment that i always test my trigger out then up to and including test day as its good to be prepared for either outcome - think its a def a two edged sword tho, with all the heartache a negative brings or even a positive then negative.

Not sure what ill do this time though lol

xx

Lazy - Congratulations on being PUPO!! Will u test early as well? xx

Jungle - how u getting on with the visualisation type techniquies uve been doing? Hope ur getting on ok? xx

Star - cant remember if ive said but its great u have another frostie :) How are ur symptoms of ohss now? Have u finished the extra injections yet? xx

Beneath - How are u feeling now hun? Hope ur doing better? xx

Chimmi - How are u getting on with the injections now? better hope xx

Tuesday - Sorry about ur neg hun :hugs: Do u think u'll be going for the scratch next time? Ive heard that it increases chances by a lot :) Its great that u have a fet transfer date already and its not far away - how are ur headaches? xx

Psalm - Is ur transfer today hun? If so best of luck for it all to go smoothly :) Did they ever give u a call back about progress - i was wondering how many u have/will transfer. Hopefully all ur embies are still going strong enough for some to be frozen xx

Ive only gone so far back so appologies if ive missed anyone out - really hope u are all well xxx

Plex injections are going better thanks, I'm taking more time to do them and not so nervous/shaky about it haha!
Making me feel not so good though.. Hope it's worth it.!x

.,Just a quick update as working,

Plex, feeling fine now thank u, all injectons finished at last!

A nearly over so getting back to normal, scratch booked for 25th Nov, dreading it again lol

Hope your all well, had a quick read through and all looks well :)
Catch up later xx

Chimmi - The things we do for a baby lol

Glad ur getting more confident with those injections! It really does make a difference :)

I find im getting worse at my injections, really REALLY hurt myself last night :( its best not to think about it and just do it :pop: xx

Star - thank god no more injections for u!:) have u managed to shake the wonderful support stockings too? Its great u have ur next scratch already booked in, will u be doing fet before or after christmas? xx

Thanks Plex, I'm getting on great! Having a 2dt means the wait is soooo much longer but doing the hpt every morning and progesterone twice a day means there's always something productive to do. I like to know what 'should' be happening and my embryos are hatching and getting ready to implant right about now I think :)

Not long to go for your injections now hun so I hope you don't hurt yourself again xxxx

Plex, I ditched the stockings on last day of injectons lol, think I heard Dr say something about 10 day's but they were making me itch and driving me nuts!
My fet will be after Xmas now as although clinic is open the lab closes for 2 weeks over Xmas so I'll have to wait, nurse appointment 16th dec so have things planned which is better xx

Hi all!

Thanks for the good wishes. I just got a call that my transfer has been moved to tomorrow (Day 6). There are 4 early blasts that are developing ok and so they want to give them one more day. One blast seems to be developing abnormally so that one likely won't make it and we have one morula (so a little further behind). The person I spoke with at the clinic said she is hopeful I will have at least one available for transfer tomorrow, but they will call me by 9.15am tomorrow to let me know. I slept horribly last night ladies worrying about today's transfer and so now I will probably have another day of that! Oh well. It's Sunday, so at least I can take naps in the afternoon or something.

Hope you're all doing ok.

Plex - you must be nearly finished with your injections right? Sorry you hurt yourself yesterday. I think we all have swings and roundabouts with how good we are at doing them!

Jungle - glad you are keeping positive. I am trying to have that wash over me as much as possible.

Star - the image of you in the stockings just made me LOL :haha: Glad you are feeling better and don't have to wear them anymore. Sorry to hear your FET was pushed to January but at least you can enjoy the Christmas parties now!

Chimmi - hope that you feel better hun. Are you getting bad side effects?

Tuesday - I echo what others have said. Hopefully you can get the scratch to aid implantation. We weren't offered it either, but since this is our first ever IVF I think they try to do the least amount of things and then see what happens.

Hi to everyone else!

Jungle - Its good to have something to do in the tww for sure, i wish i cud stop the injections but i have to take 2 clexane inections and a lubion injection every day :( so it only gets worse! I have the 2 clexane injections as the pharmacy screwed up and gave me 20mg instead of 40mg :grr:

Im so pleased things are going well and u feel good hun :hugs: what tests are u using every morning? I have a ton of internet cheapies left from previous cycles so may use them up - not sure though lol xx

Star - Seriously dont blame u about the stockings!! My mum had an op recently and had to wear them 23hrs outta the day afterwards :( they were too much of a pain to put on let alone take off. Bet ur glad not to be bothering with them tho!

Its also great that u have an appointment this month then next month then before u know it ur fet will be here :hugs: xx

Psalm - Glad u finally got the call hun! It sounds positive that 4 are progressing really well :) Have u decided if u'll put one or two back? I really hope u sleep well tonight but like u said u can catch up on lost sleep after transfer :) xx

Afm- talking of transfers i was thinking along the lines of transferring 2 (god willing we get that option) as last time we put back one day 5 AB blast and got nothing. the other transfer we had was one grade 2, 8cell on day 2 i think and got a chemical. I feel this is the only way to maximise our chances - anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jungle - Its good to have something to do in the tww for sure, i wish i cud stop the injections but i have to take 2 clexane inections and a lubion injection every day :( so it only gets worse! I have the 2 clexane injections as the pharmacy screwed up and gave me 20mg instead of 40mg :grr:

Im so pleased things are going well and u feel good hun :hugs: what tests are u using every morning? I have a ton of internet cheapies left from previous cycles so may use them up - not sure though lol xx

Star - Seriously dont blame u about the stockings!! My mum had an op recently and had to wear them 23hrs outta the day afterwards :( they were too much of a pain to put on let alone take off. Bet ur glad not to be bothering with them tho!

Its also great that u have an appointment this month then next month then before u know it ur fet will be here :hugs: xx

Psalm - Glad u finally got the call hun! It sounds positive that 4 are progressing really well :) Have u decided if u'll put one or two back? I really hope u sleep well tonight but like u said u can catch up on lost sleep after transfer :) xx

Afm- talking of transfers i was thinking along the lines of transferring 2 (god willing we get that option) as last time we put back one day 5 AB blast and got nothing. the other transfer we had was one grade 2, 8cell on day 2 i think and got a chemical. I feel this is the only way to maximise our chances - anyone have any thoughts on this?

Plex - this is EXACTLY how I feel. I have done a lot of research on this and really do believe that putting two back is the way to go. I also have two friends who are both pregnant with one baby who had two put back and they both say that they don't think they would have been without putting the two. My clinic and my Dr. was adamant that with my age etc. that we only need to put back one, but after hearing the report today and the woman who called me saying "we hope we have at least one for transfer" makes me think that they might back track a bit and let us go for two. My DH really doesn't think 2 is a good idea - he is afraid of them both taking and then of course also splitting and us ending up with 4. I was trying to explain the ridiculously unlikely chance of that happening but his mind is wandering off. What have your clinic said to you?

tuesdaysbaby -- Hey, girl!! I'm sorry to hear your ET wasn't successful, neither was mine =( Attempted to do another fresh and that turned into an IUI because of poor response to meds. UGH. It's absolutely normal to feel how you feel. I felt the same way and still do some days. This is so so so hard, but we just have to believe that we will get there. Praying your FET brings you your bfp!!!!

Lazydaisys -- Your symptoms sound promising! I am keeping my fx for you real tight!

Plex -- I am finally back to normal! Thanks so much for asking. Ovary pain sucks!!!! Sorry to hear your injections have been painful =(

Psalm -- Good luck, hun! I know how hard waiting for those calls are. Hope everything ends up perfectly :hugs:

AFM -- Not much to update on. I feel a lot better than I have been the past few days. I'm abnormally calm about this cycle.. don't know why. I don't have much hope on getting a bfp mainly because I don't want to go through heartbreak again. I have a new RE consult on December 8th and waiting for my records from my doctor now to come in. Feel good to know I have that appointment ready for me!

Psalm - Ive already asked my clinic about putting two back, (last cycle) and my re agreed as we had already had a unsuccessful transfer of one embie. We were going to transfer 2 last time but none of our fresh fertilized so we transferd our only frozen embie. Which was neg. Im lucky as hubby is of the mind that its my body, my choice and he will support me in my choice - makes it difficult though as i like to talk these things through - pros and cons and all that.

It scares me the possibility of higher order multiples but i know thats rare. I suppose its a chance we take :shrug: I would ask again 2moro and see how u feel then, it could be that u have all four still doing really well so may be easier to decide. The way to look at is, dont rule anything out in this game :hugs: hope u both make a decision thats right for u hun and that if u feel strongly 2 is right for u ur hubby listens , easier said than done though i know :hugs: xx

BMW - So glad ur doing better now :D Its good to have something to look forward to just in case. Hopfully the appointment wont be needed and this will be a lucky cycle :hugs: Are u keeping busy this tww? xx

Psalm that sounds positive about your embies, sorry you have to wait another night tho, they left a few of mine til day 6 and 1 more made it so it's worth the extra wait

Plex, I get confused with grading and dont really understand it, the clinic said to me mine were grades 3s and 4s and some were ab bb and bc ( I think) but dont know how many of each, my clinic likes to put 1 bk but I wouldnt mind 2 to maximize chances but then I would worry about a twin pregnancy being riskier and less chance of a healthy outcome, hard choice! Xx

Psalm - Ive already asked my clinic about putting two back, (last cycle) and my re agreed as we had already had a unsuccessful transfer of one embie. We were going to transfer 2 last time but none of our fresh fertilized so we transferd our only frozen embie. Which was neg. Im lucky as hubby is of the mind that its my body, my choice and he will support me in my choice - makes it difficult though as i like to talk these things through - pros and cons and all that.

It scares me the possibility of higher order multiples but i know thats rare. I suppose its a chance we take :shrug: I would ask again 2moro and see how u feel then, it could be that u have all four still doing really well so may be easier to decide. The way to look at is, dont rule anything out in this game :hugs: hope u both make a decision thats right for u hun and that if u feel strongly 2 is right for u ur hubby listens , easier said than done though i know :hugs: xx

BMW - So glad ur doing better now :D Its good to have something to look forward to just in case. Hopfully the appointment wont be needed and this will be a lucky cycle :hugs: Are u keeping busy this tww? xx

Thanks, hun! Just working as much as I can, because my job keeps me pretty occupied. lol

Psalm- a big positive is the later they leave your transer the shorter your 2ww is! And they wouldnt keep them going if they weren't confident that they would benefit from it so try not to worry hun. The multiple embryos question was easy for us because it's highly unlikely one of ours is good enough to keep developing, however if they are 2 top grade hatching blasts you'd have to be very much prepared for twins (or more) as you'd have a high chance of them both implanting. Good luck for tomorrow!

Plex- I don't envy you having to stay with the injections hun! :hugs: although I hope it's all worth it for you this time. I've got enough internet cheapies to do 1 a day til OTD. I think your clinic might recommend 2 embryos to transfer this time (fingers crossed you're in the position to decide)

Beneath- I'm glad youre feeling a bit better love. Being calm is as good as being positive xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->