ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Congratulations Cali!! Hope this is the first of many BFPs and a lucky thread..!

Keri I am on down reg at the moment but have booked 2 weeks off work from 1st December the date of my 3rd scan (so ER will be shortly after that) good luck x

Hey I've not posted much on here but I've been stalking this thread.
Just wanted to say good luck to the ladies that are pupo. Cali congrats on ur Bfp that's amazing news you must been been so happy.:happydance:
Im on day 5 of the stim injections. I have a scan on fri if all goes well my egg collection will be mon and the egg transfer on the sat. I have all next week off work I took as holidays but I think I need to have some sick days for the week after for the egg transfer.
How much if any days did you take off for the egg transfer ? I stand all day at work so it's not exactly taking it easy.

Hiya keri!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow! In my first and second cycles I had 2-3 days off for EC and just a single day for ET.

This time I had 3.5weeks off for stimming until after transfer (I'm going back to work just for 2days today/tomorrow) just before my OTD on monday but I feel sick. I so don't want to go back while things are still undecided :( xxxx

Aww Jungle, do you have to go? is there any way you can go bk after otd? How does todays test look? Xxx

I had 2 days off for ER but went straight back to work after the ET last time but this cycle i want to have at least the day of ET off as my Hubby has told me that under no circumstances am i going back to work that day as he feels that i need to rest this time round. I don't think my boss will be too happy about it but i do have holiday to take before the end of the year so tough :finger: lol

Well, got 'the' phone call and its better than we expected :)

All 7 of the eggs collected were mature and injected, 5 fertilized so they want to go to day 5 - completely new territory for me so bricking it!! Im so very aware that they may not even make it that far :( one day at a time i suppose - i will get a call 2moro and Sat to update, but then a veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy long wait till monday for transfer. Really dont want to think in advance, ie 'ooo now i can transfer a blast' - cos knowing my luck they will all arrest on day 4 when no-one is looking only for them to call me with the horrible news the day of transfer :(

Sorry for being pessimistic its just typical of my luck in this ivf game....im gunna slope off now to wallow in my very own pity party.

love to u all xxx

Plex that is brilliant news even though I can understand why you are panicking. Keeping everything crossed for you that on Monday you are spoilt for choice about which embryo to put back xxx

Hi all,

plex- that's great news! Good strong eggs and sperm doing exactly what they're supposed to! I hope you can find the best way for you to get through the next few days without shredding all your nerves :hugs:

Welcome back lizzie! How are you doing hun?

AFM- after weeks of positivity, optimism, relaxation of mind/body I had a meltdown at work and had to be sent home :cry:
I let myself entertain the fact that this could end in anything other than bfp for the first time in weeks and I just lost it. I feel so helpless. I've convinced myself that if we were getting a bfp we should've seen it by now and my test this morning is whiter than white. I know I need to pick myself up and keep the faith but I'm subconsciously already planning for what to do in the event of bfn sticking around and it just makes me more upset because we can do nothing but work our arses off to pay off the ivf debt that we've run up of nearly £10000 before we can even think about trying again which seems to far away to even be realistic. So sorry to rant and put negativity on the thread girls, I'm just exhausted, I hardly slept last night and just feel so so emotionally drained

I hope everyone else is doing ok (coping better than me at the very least! :hugs:) xxxx

Hi all,

plex- that's great news! Good strong eggs and sperm doing exactly what they're supposed to! I hope you can find the best way for you to get through the next few days without shredding all your nerves :hugs:

Welcome back lizzie! How are you doing hun?

AFM- after weeks of positivity, optimism, relaxation of mind/body I had a meltdown at work and had to be sent home :cry:
I let myself entertain the fact that this could end in anything other than bfp for the first time in weeks and I just lost it. I feel so helpless. I've convinced myself that if we were getting a bfp we should've seen it by now and my test this morning is whiter than white. I know I need to pick myself up and keep the faith but I'm subconsciously already planning for what to do in the event of bfn sticking around and it just makes me more upset because we can do nothing but work our arses off to pay off the ivf debt that we've run up of nearly £10000 before we can even think about trying again which seems to far away to even be realistic. So sorry to rant and put negativity on the thread girls, I'm just exhausted, I hardly slept last night and just feel so so emotionally drained

I hope everyone else is doing ok (coping better than me at the very least! :hugs:) xxxx

Im so sorry you are feeling so down. I want to give you a peice of advice i so wish i had taken when i was in my ivf tww.. Stay away from the tests!!!!!! I know its hard and tempting, but all it does it cause extra stress you do not need right now. You are not out yet and i am praying this cycle is a bfp for you!!! But try to enjoy the next few days of being PUPO! Fx for you hun! :hugs:

Thank you beneath, it feels better just to write it down and then I can move forward more positively. I don't want to burden you all with my crazy feelings in the meantime though :wacko: i feel I'm a right fruitloop! But i massively appreciate all your support and advice xxxx

Thank you beneath, it feels better just to write it down and then I can move forward more positively. I don't want to burden you all with my crazy feelings in the meantime though :wacko: i feel I'm a right fruitloop! But i massively appreciate all your support and advice xxxx

We are all here for you!! You can vent all you want and do not have to apologize! You are not wacko, you are human.. And we all have the same feelings!!!! :hugs;

Jungle, BMW is right about that. I tested couple times during the last TWW and had a breakdown both times... luckily, I was done with that before it was time to go to the office.... but when the BFN call came, it was another breakdown anyway. I had to call my boss and ask him to work from home for the rest of the day since I kept breaking into tears. And I thought I was prepared for that call! :wacko:
On the other hand, I think BFN would've hit me a lot harder have I not had those breakdowns beforehand. You never know

Jungle, BMW is right about that. I tested couple times during the last TWW and had a breakdown both times... luckily, I was done with that before it was time to go to the office.... but when the BFN call came, it was another breakdown anyway. I had to call my boss and ask him to work from home for the rest of the day since I kept breaking into tears. And I thought I was prepared for that call! :wacko:
On the other hand, I think BFN would've hit me a lot harder have I not had those breakdowns beforehand. You never know

I definitely thinking testing the day before or maybe the morning of your beta is smart just so you know what will hit you and maybe it wont hit you as bad.... But no matter how much you prepare yourself and have breakdowns, I had plenty, that call still hurts!!!!! But yeah, lets think happy thoughts for everyone in here and pray you girls all get your bfps!!!!

Jungle - sweetheart, your feelings are completely natural and that's why we are here. To provide you with love and support, so you can vent and say whatever is on your mind. It's normal to feel this way and stress about the next step. I think we all spend our lives being such good planners and we can't plan for any of this. Sending you millions of :hug: today and praying that this is the time for you. xoxo

Plex - fabulous fertilization report and hopeful that you get some good ones to Day 5. Trust me I had all the same fears as you, especially when I didn't even get a Day 3 update so they literally had no idea what was happening to the embryos. This is where we have to trust that these people are the professionals and they seem to feel pretty confident that out of 5 they will get at least one to Day 5. Stay positive lovely. Grow embies grow!!:hugs:

It's definitely a 'control' thing, the lack of control is the worst thing! At least by testing I feel like I'm controlling something but I can't control the result can I :dohh:

Beneath/Morana/Psalm- thank you for cheerleading me :hugs:

How are you feeling psalm? How many dpt are you? Xxxx

I am feeling fine thanks Jungle. I sort of feel like I should be feeling more, but I don't really feel anything! I am only 3 days post transfer so still early days yet. I am trying with all my might to be positive and hope for the best, but I have to prepare myself for the worst. There is so much going on - tomorrow is my last day at work and in two weeks time I move abroad! Trying to do all that and deal with IVF is almost impossible :wacko:

If nothing else you'll be distracted psalm! :) will work make a fuss of you tomorrow and give you a nice send off do you think? Xxxx

Fat chance Jungle! The head of my group was "disappointed" with me when I gave notice and only seems to care if I am handing over my work to other people. I am happy to just slink out of here without anyone noticing. Also, saves on having to make excuses why I am not drinking at my own going away party :haha:

Oh dear! Well slinking off is just as good when you're happy to be leaving :) I bet you and your hubby will be so happy to be finally living together xxxx

Can't wait! He has been gone for 7 months and so we really need to get back to living in the same space!! xoxo

Plex- Sounds so promising! I know the feeling that nothing will ever go right. But maybe this is your turn. Maybe you will some beautiful day 5 embies on monday. Crossing it all for you. :hugs:

Jungle- I'm sorry! :hugs: Hang in there. Maybe skip tomorrows test to give yourself a break. I know I had a meltdown both times before my BFP...the night before. Maybe it's a good sign....hoping so! It is only 10 days old. Google when people get BFP and see that a lot of people get late implanters with late BFPs. You still have time. I know it is easier for me to type this to you, cause it is not me...but hang in there. Thinking of you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->