ICSI/IVF/FET October/November Buddies wanted!!

Congratulations on being pupo pinkys! How exciting on your anniversary what a present!

Beneath, ill vote at home on laptop as wont let me press the vote button on my fone, hope you win!xx

Bumpsparkle, glad your cycles are still quite regular then, mine are always all over the place, hope were starting around the same time, are you going to join the Jan thread with me and beneath?

Well ET is complete; although the little fella doesn't have his Mum's eyes yet!! And we're due to do a pregnancy test on 3rd December - our wedding anniversary of all days!!! Long wait lies ahead and we're kicking off with a doughnut and Look Who's Talking! :D

Yay how exciting good luck.

Hey hope your all well. Tomorrow is my egg transfer I hope it goes well I'm down to only 2 embryos now. The other 2 didn't make it. I'm hoping to talk the doctor in to implanting both them to up my chances but I doubt it. My clinic only implant more than 1 if your over 40.

Keri how exciting!! Good luck and fingers crossed for you :) how old r u? Maybe they will implant two? Depends on the grade I reAd? (And your age)

Hey hope your all well. Tomorrow is my egg transfer I hope it goes well I'm down to only 2 embryos now. The other 2 didn't make it. I'm hoping to talk the doctor in to implanting both them to up my chances but I doubt it. My clinic only implant more than 1 if your over 40.

Our fingers firmly crossed for you! :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow keri, will they freeze the other if transfer one?

Ps) my scratch is Monday, such an effort!

Ooh good luck with that! To us that felt like the first proper step on the IVF journey! :hugs:

Thank you pinkys, It was done as part of the trial I done and part of it was also another scratch if you didnt have transfer, didnt have to do it again and nearly said no as she asked me straight after egg collection but thought better do everything possible to help transfer in January!

Star -- Thank you so much for the vote! Good luck on your scratch, Monday!!

Keri -- Good luck on your transfer tomorrow. Hope you can transfer 2!!

Chimmi, it's when the womb is scratched with a thin catheter type tube to cause an repair reaction which is meant to help with implantation, it's similar to a smear test
One website says the repair process releases growth factors, chemicals and hormones and the new lining that grows after the procedure more receptable to an embryo
Also some scientists say that genes responsible for implanting embryos are sometimes not 'switched on' and that the procedure helps switch on the genes that prepare the uterus for an embryo to implant
I actually looked this up this time as I wasnt entirely sure how a scratch helped apart from something to do with a repair process!

Oh right!! Thanks for your reply, learn something new every day. When would they do a scratch? If it hasn't worked first time? Or due to age?

I see that you guys are still hanging out on this thread so I thought I'd re-join.

After last month's debacle of my cycle being canceled due to my RE being away, we are back on track. Stims start tomorrow morning and ER tentatively scheduled for Dec 4.

Good news 3chords, hope all goes well :)

Chimmi, I think some clinics do it if it hasn't worked 1-2 times but it's fairly cheap, about £100 so some pay for it whether theyve had ivf before or not
I done ot as part of the trial I was doing about vitamins affecting embryo quality but I had read about it before and wanted to do it

Ahh ok. I've never heard of it before. My clinic are quite basic in what they offer I think (NHS) haven't mentioned anything like that to me. I just go in have a scan and they say right see you next week..! They are good don't get me wrong and it's a brand new clinic only opened last April, but they don't really tell me anything!

Beneath- thanks hun, I've voted! I'll try and do it multiple times if it lets me :)

Star- 6wks isn't long at all and excellent that your scratch is coming up as quick as tomorrow!

Pinky- congratulatiins on pupo! How many were transferred, just the one? Were you able to freeze any embryos?

Bumpsparkle- not long for you now, you're nearly on a month countdown to your scratch :)

Keri- good luck for ET today hun, I hope you can transfer both or that both are great quality so you can freeze one and transfer the other

Chimmi-my clinic offered a scratch after 2 failed cycles. It cost £144. Unfortunately we still had a failed cycle but we got a touch further than last time and maybe the scratch had something to do with that? I'd probably have it again next year.

3chords- welcome back hun! How are you feeling? Xxxx

Pinky- congratulatiins on pupo! How many were transferred, just the one? Were you able to freeze any embryos?

Just the one transferred and we'll find out in ten days how many were frozen but we're expecting about three. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->