Is anyone obese and pregnant?

Don't despair! It took me 18 months to conceive but I got there in the end. My BMI when I conceived was about 37 and now at 36 weeks pregnant it's over 40. It wasn't what I wanted, I had begun losing weight over the time I was trying to conceive, then my Dad went seriously downhill (he died in January, a week before I found out I was pregnant) and I was comfort eating, as well a spending lots of time on the road, driving back and to to see him in the nursing home, so I wasn't looking after myself and gained the weight I'd lost back, so I was back to my heaviest when I conceived. I'm tired and achey now but I've had a healthy pregnancy, blood sugars fine, blood tests fine, baby measuring spot on etc, so there's no reason why you can't have a healthy pregnancy at all.

I had a BMI of 35 pre-pregnancy, and 90kgs. I was worried I wouldn't have much of a baby bump coz I already had a few spare typres, but this is me at at 31 weeks and 35 weeks with a definite bump! hehe

Attachments

• 272505_10150319746214180_596584179_9518249_4116707_o.jpg
    272505_10150319746214180_596584179_9518249_4116707_o.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 15
  • 175727_10150344122944180_596584179_9779974_2330846_o.jpg
    175727_10150344122944180_596584179_9779974_2330846_o.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 19
I've just looked, and seen that the first post was from 2008.... don't I look a dingbat now haha

I've just looked, and seen that the first post was from 2008.... don't I look a dingbat now haha

LOL you're not a dingbat :haha: I see various postings from 2011 and recently...thanks for sharing your pics...looking good mama...defintely see the bump :flower:

mabelpye - great bump!!

here is me at 34 weeks, i am a size 22/24

Attachments

• IMG00122-20110816-1715.jpg
    IMG00122-20110816-1715.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi to everyone :flower:

I am only 5 weeks into my second pregnancy. I had my first baby in March 2009 and my BMI was 37 at the time of finding out I was pregnant (about 4 weeks along). I had actually lost almost 4 stones at this stage in order to conveive. I gained 17 pounds whilst pregnant but did not really have any complications due to being overweight. I also have PCOS so periods are very irregular. My last period was the end of April and now I am 5 weeks pregnant! I had the gestational diabetes test with me being overweight and also because my mum, dad and sister all have diabetes. Fortunately it was negative! I was also scanned at 36 weeks to check the size of the baby as the consultants were concerned that baby was a bit on the large side. My BMI just fell on the line to be midwife led instead of consultant led but I did have to have my baby on the labour ward instead of birthing centre due to the size of the baby (he was 8lb 5oz when at birth). I had a natural labour and it was just short of 7 hrs from being established to giving birth.

So here I am 2 and a half years along....gained back 4 stones and I now have a bmi of 46. Not happy with myself but I am making the best of it. It's amazing how you can make changes to your diet and health when you have are pregnant but not for yourself sometimes. However I am using it as my oportunity to reform my eating habits and lose weight (not drastically still eating what I should be for my baby). I know the midwife will likely be giving me a telling off but there is nothing I can do now other than move forward and do the best for me and baby. I do not want to gain any more weight. Good luck to all those trying to conceive still and those that are pregnant. It's such a special time. Enjoy it :flower:

hey chick im obese and i have pcos too which i have struggled with my weight and i look pregnant i love 6lb in second tri and have gaine 16lb in 26 weeks and i now weigh dead on 17st

Attachments

• 185300_10150427863548902_542708901_10716467_3830168_n[1].jpg
    185300_10150427863548902_542708901_10716467_3830168_n[1].jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 17
I'm big as well and it took me literally same month to get pregnant with my daughter but we tried a loooooottttt and then two months on my second.

There is no way i do not look pregnant it depends if your all front or round.

That was me almost 5 weeks ago im almost bursting now.

Attachments

• ohohoh.jpg
    ohohoh.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi lewood88 :)

I was 16st 4lb when I found out I was pregnant with my first and 17st 7lb after I had him. I then went on to gain back the 4 stone I lost prior to pregnancy over the last 2 and a half years because I'm a glutton for punishment! Now am just over 20st!!!!! Shocking I know!! Anyway have been really good with eating so hopefully won't gain any and maybe even lose a little :)

Awww your bumps are both lovely. With my first I had a def bump too but with me gaining this whole load of weight between that one and this I am concerned not just about looking even fatter rather than pregnant but also the strain on my body. I had a really bad break to my ankle 4 and a half years ago and still have plates and screws in it. It was a concern last time but I didn't have any problem with it. This time however the changes with hormones etc have meant the ligaments relaxing already and my ankle is starting to feel a bit weak. Essential that I watch what I eat methinks! :)

tbf i was worried bout gaining loads of weight but ive hardly eaten since bein pregnant baby jus doesnt like alot of food and its hard for me to decide what i want to eat, but atm im craveing gaddburys flakes and egg fried rice (not together lol ), so im not eatin loads of junk but i could eat alot betta tho lol and i walk my dog most nites too so im excerciseing jus hope i can loose the weight after she is here and keep it off too, but i am glad of this site tho cus when you know there are others in the same boat u feel better about things as i kno alot of ppl who are pregnant and stick thin wiv gawjus bumps lol and when your stood next to them u feel like a fat cow... well i feel like a fat cow lol xx

Yeah...I do re-call with my first that there wasn't much room for food from about 16 weeks so that helped as I always felt full after eating a small meal. This time should be even more so since there will be a whole lot less room! I don't really exercise other than I do 8 hours cleaning a week plus my own. I should really get out and do a bit of regular walking. The area I live in though doesn't exactly inspire me to walk around hahaha. But I will have to make more of an effort :)

I always think when I see someone slim and pregnant that they must feel like they are literally going to burst at the seams! Bless em. Must be so uncomfortable. It's bad enough as it is without having zero room for the baby to grow in to.

It just goes to show that no matter what your size in pregnancy everyone has a different experience. I didn't have any cravings really with baby 1. I ate a lot of olives lol but didn't crave them as such. I wonder if I will with this one? ...watch this space haha! :)

lol tbf im like that my friend was skinny but had a huge bump like it was massive i thought its a wonder she dont topple forward lol, ive ad mad craveings with my baby and this is my first so im still novice into what to expect haha... but i agree it doesnt matter the size you are aslong as baby is healthy and you are healthy thats all what matters.

i am haveing to use my inhaler more tho as im gasping for air when i walk the stairs or up a slope i could cry and my bk hurts like u jus wudnt believe and my pelvic im haveing to wear bump support pants which are a flippin life saver atm i doubt ill go full term as they think baby mite be on the big side so im panicin bout that a lil

I had to have a scan at 36 weeks because they thought my first was going to be big but when he came out the midwives said "errrr this baby isn't big at all!" he was 8lb 5oz which isn't overly massive. TBH i think they just thought...the mothers big so the baby will be too. I couldn't walk far after about 32 weeks as your pelvis really starts to relax once the bump grows doesn't it. I was worried about that but your body is an amazing thing and you might feel like you are going to fall apart but it doesn't...you keep soldiering on and you'll get there. Plenty of rest whenever you can :) I watched hundreds of baby programs to try and educate myself and asked loads of mums that had already had babies about pain relied and stuff. I went in there knowing what to expect and what my otions were and I had a really good labour (if thats possible! haha)...it went smoothly and I knew what was what. I didn't go to antenatal classes myself as I didn't feel I needed it and I was right but that's my own personal experience. As for the back pain that is part and parcel of pregnancy I think. The hormones don't help as they relax all your muscles to allow your body to accomodate the baby. Nightmare isn't it!

I think I maybe pregnant, but I am obese, I'm 12 days late for my period, and I am feeling so weak, and drained, light headed after I eat, just not my normal self at all whatsoever! I've had a cold with sinus and mucus for like a week and a half, I don't know whats going on with me, I'm also too scared to take a pregnancy test.... dont know what to do, help me ladies..... p.s. went to the doctor just to make sure I didnt have a concussion or something, I've just been having almost like a vertigo sorta thing...

according to my dr. because of my height i was borderline obese when i first got preggers (160lbs 5'2) Im now probably a bit over 170lbs and I def. am showing I guess it just depends on your body . I also feel my baby kicking since around 18 weeks. :) Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20111114_143356.jpg
    IMG_20111114_143356.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 40
I am 27 weeks pregnant and 16.5 stone, 5ft 4in which makes me obese, I have only just started to look pregnant from the front, there is a roundness to my tummy that shows where the bump is, I usually have to push my tummy out more :haha: I was upset that I didnt have a bump until 26/27 weeks but its arriving :happydance: I have been lucky to have felt the babys first flutters at 16 weeks 3 days and full kicks when I was 23 weeks :happydance: as some people told me I wouldnt feel them as I was bigger :sad: the baby has been great, healthy and I have had a wonderful pregnancy, I went off a lot of food during pregnancy so my weight has dropped slightly!! good luck on getting pregnant and at the end of the day you will have a baby who cares about the package its carried in thats how I think :flower:

I think I maybe pregnant, but I am obese, I'm 12 days late for my period, and I am feeling so weak, and drained, light headed after I eat, just not my normal self at all whatsoever! I've had a cold with sinus and mucus for like a week and a half, I don't know whats going on with me, I'm also too scared to take a pregnancy test.... dont know what to do, help me ladies..... p.s. went to the doctor just to make sure I didnt have a concussion or something, I've just been having almost like a vertigo sorta thing...

Take a test! Take a test! Chances are you are pregnant ... take a test! :happydance:

So good to have found this forum! I am 15 weeks pregnant with our first baby and am currently a uk size 22/24. So far i have been really lucky, no morning sickness ect, only symptom was extreme tiredness! I was worried no one will be able to notice that I am pregnant but after seeing the photos of the bumps on here I am def feeling more confident now! Hopefully as I go along my normal tummy will fill out to a proper baby bump! Just a quick question but where did you get your maternity clothing from? Most places I have seen stop at a 20? Cheers Ladies
:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"