Is anyone obese and pregnant?

Well, I am four days away from my due date, I was 301 pounds when I got pregnant....I had gained over 50 pounds prior to this due to an accident and depression....ooops...luckily I am 6ft tall lol....

I have gained 29 pounds throughout the pregnancy and am currently carrying a 7lb estimated weight baby...

I didn't have much of a bump for ages and people were shocked when I would tell them I was pregnant....but I definitely tarted getting a bump, all be it, a B bump at 27 ish weeks.....now my bump is nice and rounded out nicely....bit flabby at the bottom, but theres noooo mistaking I'm pregnant....

Health wise, I've had a great pregnancy considering my awful weight gain prior to conceiving and I'm NOT classed as high risk despite my BMI....my blood pressure has been great, no protein, no glucose, steady weight gain within the recommendations and baby is dong great.

I do plan on losing the 80lbs I have gained and then I would like to conceive again.

With a BMI of 40, I am described as 'morbidly obese'. I have had no pregnancy complications AT ALL and I have put on about a stone, which I'm ok with. Pre-pregnancy I weighed 200lbs. I had no problem at all conceiving- actually this was a miracle baby considering I was on the birth control pill. :)

To those who are worried they won't have a bump, I'm sure you will- I thought the same and I'm massive now (have been since week 20). Nice round bump, quite normal really! x

I just found out I am pregnant, was hoping to be smaller before I had another baby.275lbs ay beginning of pregnancy, only 8 weeks pregnant and gained 2lbs, no morning sickness. I just hope that the baby and I will be healthy at the end of this.:shrug:

I am now 7 weeks pregnant. We got pregnant as soon as we started trying despite both of us being technically "obese". I have always been happy with my body, I am heavy but I'm tall (5'8") and my weight is evenly distributed so I'm a curvy woman with a nice bust... but now I'm pregnant and I'm being told my BMI is high and I'm "obese" its really upset me. I don't want my size to endanger our baby...

I have been told to take 5mg of folic acid and that I will have earlier than usual referal. Its all worrying so it was a relief to come online and find other larger expectant mothers.

I'm not worried about not having a bump... I'm just worried that my weight will cause complications and it takes the magic out of the experience of being pregnant when you the weighing and talking about BMI is what they focus on most.

I started this pregnancy with BMI of 37 and had only a couple extra appointments, one with an obstetritian (a bit pointless, she did same checks as a MW and advised not to put on too much weight) and an anaestetist (2 minutes appointment, where he just looked at me, told me that I have no problems and the rest of the time was chatting with my daughter, lol)... I had a full GTT which was fine. My bloods, BP, urine, baby- everything has been perfect so far. Only feeling tired as getting sleep is difficult and, of course, I wish I didn't have to carry those extra kilos around, but, oh well, as long as the rest is fine I can deal with it!

If you receive any insensitive comments from your healthcare professionals, try not to take them to heart. Some people just have no empathy, especially if they never had to deal with weight issues. I was much slimmer with my first one (BMI 30), but one MW was particulary insensitive, as well as one GP I saw. Calling me large and telling me to cut out carbs and what not.

Until 7 months or so nobody believed I was pregnant. I carry weight mostly around my hips and on my legs, so probably that is why. But now I have a neat, although a bit B shaped bump and am unmistakably pregnant. :)

i had a BMI of 41 and 'clinically obese'. when i first saw the antenatal doctor she said that i will have high blood pressure and will get diabetes, and would have to have growth scans as babies development will be effected. i left that appointment feeling shitty. people were also presuming because i am 'fat', i will be eating for two!
my blood pressure is low and has been throughout and my glucose readings were brilliant. i have lost nearly a stone as my appetite has changed completely.
and trust me, you will get a bump. i had a bit of a belly and thought i wouldn't get one. i was very wrong lol, ive been looking pregnant since 24 weeks and im huge lol. i joke baby has pushed out the fat haha :). the bump keeps getting in the way of everything i do and it is definetly a pregnancy bump. i have had no problems with doppler, feeling movement or with scans and you will see movement from the outside. and baby is fine and healthy, he is a bit big but big babies run on mine and OHs sides so no shocker there lol :)
sarah xxx

So good to have found this forum! I am 15 weeks pregnant with our first baby and am currently a uk size 22/24. So far i have been really lucky, no morning sickness ect, only symptom was extreme tiredness! I was worried no one will be able to notice that I am pregnant but after seeing the photos of the bumps on here I am def feeling more confident now! Hopefully as I go along my normal tummy will fill out to a proper baby bump! Just a quick question but where did you get your maternity clothing from? Most places I have seen stop at a 20? Cheers Ladies
:winkwink:

asda do a 22, and some mothercare ranges do too but that all im afraid :(.

BMI of 45 :). Ive had a healthy pregnancy, no high blood pressure no GDabsolutely fine. Im active and dont even feel over weight. Have put on 2lbs and Im 34 weeks :). Have a lovely round bumpy too!

^ Yay gotta love healthy "obese" pregnancies! Considering most are.

My BMI is 47 and ive been told im high risk because of this even thou i have had 2 very uneventful pregnancies and labours.

Everybody is a different shape and size. Im happy and comfortable with my size, but I totally understand some people are not. Happy & healthy pregnancys ladys :D

Cahbi join I'm currently ttc I am 5`5 and weigh 324. The Dr has already told me I should be able to get pregnant when I'm ready I still have some fears on if that's possible. I'm currently 26 days late have some ympts but scared to test

Fingers crossed for you testing. I'm very overweight 131 kilos and pregnant but I don't feel healthy and I do eat alot of crap I started my diet AMA healthy eating today so far so good

Well I tested thus morning and go a BFN I'm starting to be scared because I've never been this late and there is nothing in my life that would cause me to be late

Sorry i know this is very personal and if you feel better please PM me. But i am obese and this is my first month of ttc and i am wondering if i will even look pregnant.

Obviously as an over weight person i have my 'bump' already lol but wondered if it would go into shape or just stay the same because there would be enough room for the baby ifswim?

Im very overweight and 28weeks pregnant with 1st baby...never thought I'd look pregnant, but I do lol.

My BMI was 45. I gave birth last Saturday, no complications no stitches. I was up and showered 10 minutes after I had her. & have lost over 2 stone!!!

Good luck ladies!

My bmi is 32 and we just found out on Valentines day that we are expecting baby #3!!! :happydance:

Hi ladies, I'm 11 weeks post partum now after having my little girl, I was 5'11 and 301 when I conceived back in February 2011, I was 336 when I went into labour and at my 8 weeks post partum checkup I was down to 305, I'm now at 296 and I haven't ciscoly changed my eating habits...I believe breastfeeding and lack of time to eat properly have contributed to the weight Loss.

Anyway, basically, I was obese and pregnant and whilst it took me a year to conceive, I he a healthy complication free pregnancy, blood pressure was fine, no gestational diabetes, only thing that really got me down at the end was bad hips and sod, which literally went away the day I gave birth. I already want another baby, haha, but now I'm hoping to lose about 45-60lbs before I conceive again as I did feel incredibly unhealthy in my pregnancy and basically if you aren't happy with your level of fitness before you get pregnant, it won't improve during your pregnAncy...pregnancy is hard on the body!!! And if you struggle before, it gets much worse....

Having said all this, I'm have a beautifull and healthy baby and being fat and pregnant certainly didn't dissuade me from wanting another baby...

Hello! When I found out I was pregnant, I was at 234 pounds (5 foot 9 inches tall). I have had NO problems at all, including GD. I am at 261 pounds right now. My profile pic <---- was taken last week. I have a nice big baby belly :D

Sorry i know this is very personal and if you feel better please PM me. But i am obese and this is my first month of ttc and i am wondering if i will even look pregnant.

Obviously as an over weight person i have my 'bump' already lol but wondered if it would go into shape or just stay the same because there would be enough room for the baby ifswim?

I have a bmi in 40's, and I definitely have a bump and have done from about 16 weeks. It is a bit B shaped but I find the maternity bands have helped with the shape somewhat. Please, please don't do what I have done and let your weight and bump obsession ruin your pregnancy for you.

PM me if you want to ask anything else x

my bmi was 31 when I got pregnant. and I may have started to show a little late but you can def tell i am pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->