Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

:flower: Hi, may I join you ladies? I am just 44 and have 5 children already, the last one being born when I was nearly 42. Since late 2010 I have had 4 losses, all before 10 weeks. Had all the tests, came back fine, doctors says egg quality most probably the culprit (kinda guessed that one myself!!).

Hoping for one more, though I do appreciate I have done very well and am blessed with 5 already. I do feel quite guilty about this and hope that you ladies understand the yearning that doesn't stop even if you already have kids. I know I should give up, but just cant....:nope:

Love to chat to you ladies on this journey xx

:flower: Hi, may I join you ladies? I am just 44 and have 5 children already, the last one being born when I was nearly 42. Since late 2010 I have had 4 losses, all before 10 weeks. Had all the tests, came back fine, doctors says egg quality most probably the culprit (kinda guessed that one myself!!).

Hoping for one more, though I do appreciate I have done very well and am blessed with 5 already. I do feel quite guilty about this and hope that you ladies understand the yearning that doesn't stop even if you already have kids. I know I should give up, but just cant....:nope:

welcome minmin xx i totally understand i have 3 children already the last 1 2003 ive been ttc for 20 cycles now and the yearning and frustration is so strong cos my body has done it b4 but now wont xx

:thumbup:

Welcome and some us have Children and some don't. Good luck.:thumbup:

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome x yes it will be about 18 or 19 cycles for me now too, with the losses dotted in between, last one in december 2011. My O date keeps moving about too and it generally drives me crazy! Would love it too work, but know that my age is against me! x

[
Hi Rags. Welcome. I am 41 and doing IUI/Trigger/Clomid first round was a bust as of today, but I am far from giving up hope :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

My story in brief - I concieved my Lo on my 3rd completly unmedicated IUI, no scans, no trigger shots - so lots of luck involved. Sounds to me as though your doing everything right as you know for certain there are eggs there and that they've released. It'll happen for you. :thumbup:

Sorry for your losses ,I am trying for my fifth and no no matter how many the yearning is still there ,hope u get your sticky bean soon ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello!

Introducing myself (have been lurking and admiring!)... I am 42, my wonderful DH is 40 and we have 3 kids (15,13.9). After our last, my DH had a vasectomy - which we (especially me) regretted INSTANTLY, and then had it reversed 3.5 years later. It's been over a year since the VR, and nothing! My cycles are quite regular, 28 day average. This month, I'm already at CD 44, BFN's (CD 36, 37, 42) and no AF in sight. Not sure when O'd and I'm not sure what's going on, but am trying really hard not to lose my marbles... Should probably go for BT, but feeling overwhelmed by the BFN's, not sure my heart can take another - test. So glad to meet you all. Thank you for your stories, your sharing!!

Hello!

Introducing myself (have been lurking and admiring!)... I am 42, my wonderful DH is 40 and we have 3 kids (15,13.9). After our last, my DH had a vasectomy - which we (especially me) regretted INSTANTLY, and then had it reversed 3.5 years later. It's been over a year since the VR, and nothing! My cycles are quite regular, 28 day average. This month, I'm already at CD 44, BFN's (CD 36, 37, 42) and no AF in sight. Not sure when O'd and I'm not sure what's going on, but am trying really hard not to lose my marbles... Should probably go for BT, but feeling overwhelmed by the BFN's, not sure my heart can take another - test. So glad to meet you all. Thank you for your stories, your sharing!!

welcome more4mum xx
:happydance:

Hello!

Wow that is weird especially if you are regular and yes I would get a blood test. Good luck and welcome:flower:

Thank you desperado for your kind words. Apart from dh nobody knows about the losses so its nice to be able to share with like minded people xx

Its 5dpo for me and i am once again praying for a good outcome and sticky bean xx

Welcome to the new ladies!! I think we are the only ones who can understand the yearning for a baby. My friends all think I'm nuts as I have 2 of my own and 2 step children. I've stopped talking about it because I can't stand the negativity and the judging.
We can only try and I have to say I don't mind that part but it does get a little old when you don't see any results. Fx'd for us all!!

Weird is right... I'm totally baffled... I thought AF would show up today because of the cramping and bloating, but nothing again. Looks like onto CD 45 for me. (Big Sigh)... Thank you so much for the kind welcome. I'm feeling very alone in TTC at 42. Can't tell anyone, and wanting so desperately for God to share another soul with us!! :)

Just read that Kelly Preston was pregnant at 48 ,not sure if it was an egg donor but she says it wasn't :thumbup::hugs:

Just read that Kelly Preston was pregnant at 48 ,not sure if it was an egg donor but she says it wasn't :thumbup::hugs:

Again. She had one at 46 a little boy. I haven't heard any new news about her having another one...:happydance:

Scared me for a moment , cause I thought wow she is a fertile mertile if she is having one at 48. She still is breastfeeding Benjamin so she could get pregnant.

Welcome to the new ladies!! I think we are the only ones who can understand the yearning for a baby. My friends all think I'm nuts as I have 2 of my own and 2 step children. I've stopped talking about it because I can't stand the negativity and the judging.
We can only try and I have to say I don't mind that part but it does get a little old when you don't see any results. Fx'd for us all!!

im with you marathon girl i dont say anything anymore cos all i get is why do you want another baby at ur age leave it to the young 1s err excuse me lol im not over the hill just yet xx

Weird is right... I'm totally baffled... I thought AF would show up today because of the cramping and bloating, but nothing again. Looks like onto CD 45 for me. (Big Sigh)... Thank you so much for the kind welcome. I'm feeling very alone in TTC at 42. Can't tell anyone, and wanting so desperately for God to share another soul with us!! :)

me and you the same more4mom ive had cramping and bloating for 3 days now my afs are all over the place last 1 arrived cd 18 now on cd27 i dont think i will have a long one this month has i do have sore boobs usually if my boobs dont hurt i can go up to 92 days xx

Again. She had one at 46 a little boy. I haven't heard any new news about her having another one...:happydance:

No it's the same one I just read it on another thread but it said on google she was 48 ,anyway keeps me happy :haha::hugs:

quite a few celebritys have children older and most have twins i think they must have help xx julia roberts mariah carey and sarah j parker all had twins x

i was talking to a lady at my local bus station a few months ago who was very obviously heavily pregnant she was 50 i was gobsmacked xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->