Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Good Morning Ladies!

Here I am on CD27... I spotted some yesterday, so got all geared up for AF.

I had an appointment this morning with the GYN for a colposcopy, because my pap after the MC came back with some low-grade changes.

I felt a little nauseated last night and this morning, so we did a pregnancy test before the procedure.

It was :bfp:!!!!! I GOT A :bfp:!!!!

I was so excited and surprised, I started crying. Then I drove around the parking garage in circles for 15 minutes before I realized that I was, in fact, driving in circles. I also stopped at the drug store for a HPT to see it for myself, and make sure they didn't get my pee mixed up with anyone else's. A beautiful pink line!!! Oh, how I love the!!!

Anyways, I figured I'd pop in here and spread some fresh, new :dust: and encouragement to all the beautiful ladies in here. You are the only people I've shared my news with - the rest of the world will have to wait until after the scary mark.

I love keeping up with all your stories to find out how your adventures are going.

:bfp::dust: All around!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Okay, I need details!! How old are you? Did you use Clomid or IUI or any assistance? If so details please.. You are the 4th BFP I have seen today!

I only just joined this site a week or so ago. I'm 42, my DH is 36 and we had a MC in March after a surprise pregnancy that gave me the baby fever again. I came here to check out other women's stories who are over 40 and ttc, since a lot of people looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I'd like to have another baby.

This is actually our 1st month of actually "trying". My first cycle post-MC was in April (4/21). It took me a long time to get pregnant with my first DS (who is 18 now), and my progesterone was low with the last pregnancy. So I didn't hold any hope it would happen this fast.

Fortunately, I didn't have to use any medications. We, apparently, just got lucky. I certainly hope this lil' bean sticks... I'm scared/happy.

May I toss fresh :dust: at you?

So exciting!:hugs:

hi thanx all im really down now really thought i was in with a chance this time xx
big hugs mrsp. CD1 blows! We all hate them. Funny to think back on a bygone time when CD1 (confirming no pregnancy) brought us so much elation and relief. Now they're just ruuuuuuuuude.

Big hugs to marathongirl too.

I'm on CD7 of this most bizarre cycle. Temp climbed again to 98.2, but BFN (well, duh! I did get my AF 5 days ago....). I've written this wack cycle off already, even before O day. I'm so annoyed. I insist on ORDER! :gun:

I need to get to my zen place:dohh:.

On a fabulously brighter note:happydance:, super congrats to SuzeeQ! Not only have you given us hope with your wonderful news, but it's fantastic that it took you no time to get back to back BFPs. Awesome!

congratulations xx:happydance::happydance: hope it rubs off on all of us x

Thank you ladies, so, SO very much. I hope I leave some :dust: and positive vibes for each of you :flower:

I was all prepared for AF, which was due the 18th - so it truly isn't over until the :witch: shows up.

Good Morning Ladies!

I had an appointment this morning with the GYN for a colposcopy, because my pap after the MC came back with some low-grade changes.

I felt a little nauseated last night and this morning, so we did a pregnancy test before the procedure.

I was so excited and surprised, I started crying. Then I drove around the parking garage in circles for 15 minutes before I realized that I was, in fact, driving in circles. I also stopped at the drug store for a HPT to see it for myself, and make sure they didn't get my pee mixed up with anyone else's. A beautiful pink line!!! Oh, how I love the!!!

Anyways, I figured I'd pop in here and spread some fresh, new :dust: and encouragement to all the beautiful ladies in here. You are the only people I've shared my news with - the rest of the world will have to wait until after the scary mark.

I love keeping up with all your stories to find out how your adventures are going.

Woohoo Congrats..:happydance::happydance:

Good Morning Ladies!

Okay, I need details!! How old are you? Did you use Clomid or IUI or any assistance? If so details please.. You are the 4th BFP I have seen today!

I only just joined this site a week or so ago. I'm 42, my DH is 36 and we had a MC in March after a surprise pregnancy that gave me the baby fever again. I came here to check out other women's stories who are over 40 and ttc, since a lot of people looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I'd like to have another baby.

This is actually our 1st month of actually "trying". My first cycle post-MC was in April (4/21). It took me a long time to get pregnant with my first DS (who is 18 now), and my progesterone was low with the last pregnancy. So I didn't hold any hope it would happen this fast.

Fortunately, I didn't have to use any medications. We, apparently, just got lucky. I certainly hope this lil' bean sticks... I'm scared/happy.

Since your progestrone is low please see your OB to get suppositories which will help sustain the pregnancy. I mean ASAP... So happy for you...

Congratulations suzeeq!

Hug for Mrsp, marathongirl and creative :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow bf you were brave doing that! You must have had to have your escape plan set firmly in place. Whereabouts in Dubai were you? We are in the Ranches. Do you miss the heat?! It was 40+ here yesterday.

Aw at your story missuso. Know what you mean about irony - *I very clearly remember having to get the morning after pill after our experimentation got a little carried away! *Seems like us older ladies well and truly deserve our BFPs for happy endings :)

Have a good day everyone. It's the weekend here so may take DD to see a Glee tribute or go to see some of DH's friends on the palm and chill on the beach.

:hi:

Okay, trying to catch up here! :dohh:

SuzeeQ :thumbup::happydance: nice one! Sprinkle some of the magic babydust over us won't you! Happy and healthy 9 months to you x

Dippycat, love Glee it's my guilty pleasure :blush: there were back 2 back episodes last night have Sky+'d them so I can watch them on my own....

Mrsp, hope you're okay today hun? Why is AF early? You're supposed to be my cycle buddy :growlmad::haha:

Deco, your posts really do make me :rofl: I think your body's playing evil games with you, it doesn't want to be controlled! :haha: Hope you get O over the weekend and can get :bunny::bunny: :thumbup:

Everyone :hugs: hope you're all hanging in there :flower:

AFM, no news from the Dr yet that DH's SA results are back.....well no message on the ansaphone at home and I'm sure DH would've said if he'd heard, I'm going to ring them...:growlmad: Other than that just sitting it out waiting for AF to show Mon/Tues :thumbup:

Good Morning Ladies!

Since your progestrone is low please see your OB to get suppositories which will help sustain the pregnancy. I mean ASAP... So happy for you...

Thank you so much. After I left the appointment, she checked my HcG and progesterone. I should get a call today with the results, and I already have a prescription of Prometrium filled and ready to go if needs be. My doctor is 44, and just returned from maternity leave- so we've kind of bonded in that regard. :thumbup:

And may I also toss you :dust:?

Good Morning Ladies!

Thank you so much. After I left the appointment, she checked my HcG and progesterone. I should get a call today with the results, and I already have a prescription of Prometrium filled and ready to go if needs be. My doctor is 44, and just returned from maternity leave- so we've kind of bonded in that regard. :thumbup:

And may I also toss you :dust:?
Wow you are lucky to have a understanding OB who just had a baby. I haven't had that luck.

:hi:

Okay, trying to catch up here! :dohh:

SuzeeQ :thumbup::happydance: nice one! Sprinkle some of the magic babydust over us won't you! Happy and healthy 9 months to you x

Dippycat, love Glee it's my guilty pleasure :blush: there were back 2 back episodes last night have Sky+'d them so I can watch them on my own....

Mrsp, hope you're okay today hun? Why is AF early? You're supposed to be my cycle buddy :growlmad::haha:

Deco, your posts really do make me :rofl: I think your body's playing evil games with you, it doesn't want to be controlled! :haha: Hope you get O over the weekend and can get :bunny::bunny: :thumbup:

Everyone :hugs: hope you're all hanging in there :flower:

AFM, no news from the Dr yet that DH's SA results are back.....well no message on the ansaphone at home and I'm sure DH would've said if he'd heard, I'm going to ring them...:growlmad: Other than that just sitting it out waiting for AF to show Mon/Tues :thumbup:

hi jax i still am ur cycle buddy lol well kind ov i dont know my body is well and truely f****d xx

Hi Desperado, Jax, Garnet, MrsP, Marathongirl, Deco, Butterfly, Donna, never2late, dippycat, suzieQ and everyone else :hugs::hugs:

still catching up but firstly congrats SuzieQ :happydance::happy dance: wat wonderful wonderful news :hugs::hugs:

Hope you had a wonderful time away Donna :hugs:

Deco hope you are well sorry I am late responding to your previous post :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing ok :hugs::hugs:

Things are picking up here, been a little bit depressed lately and this week have been focusing on working out to try to keep control of the whole thing. Hormones I guess maybe from combination of flu and mc. Lots of exercise needed for me :)

I am CD 13 since mc. Not sure if I have ovulated though. Didn't start using OPK's until day 11. Normally I ovulate day 10 so could have missed it I guess. Although I don't get the OPK readings entirely. I got 2 lines but they don't look the same...anyway. Trying to stay relaxed and happily checking for more good news from you guys on the BFP front so baby dust all round :hugs:

Madeline xx

PS just read your story dippycat... it is so romantic :) I am a bit like you I let myself get stressed about the whole thing and my partner tries to talk it down to take the pressure off. Thks for sharing your story and I really hope you get your sticky bean soon :hugs:

Lots of news been posted since my last visit... congrats to the BFP's and good luck for the next 6,7,8, months....xxxxxxxxxx
hoping to have lots of babymaking action:winkwink: over the next few days as "Soon To Be Hubby" will be home from work for the next 3 days (gotta make the most of the time we have together)...

Hi Madeline, Thanks for your comment and I am sure I will.. Looks like we have similar histories I am CD12 since mc and usually ovulate about now day 11 or 12... not this time though... body a bit mucked up with all that's going on I think.... its a bit depressing but I have the love of my life coming to share the weekend with me... hope all goes well for you...

oh soontobmrsm I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: don't worry everything will go back to normal with your cycle I think it just takes a little while sometimes :hugs: How wonderful that you have a weekend planned with the love of your life though :hugs:

Madeline xxx

Congratulations suzeeq!

Hug for Mrsp, marathongirl and creative :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow bf you were brave doing that! You must have had to have your escape plan set firmly in place. Whereabouts in Dubai were you? We are in the Ranches. Do you miss the heat?! It was 40+ here yesterday.

Aw at your story missuso. Know what you mean about irony - *I very clearly remember having to get the morning after pill after our experimentation got a little carried away! *Seems like us older ladies well and truly deserve our BFPs for happy endings :)

Have a good day everyone. It's the weekend here so may take DD to see a Glee tribute or go to see some of DH's friends on the palm and chill on the beach.

Yes dippycat, I was ready to leg it if needs be :haha: I was in a number of places when I was there but the last place I was in was just behind the Ranches :happydance: - the yellow villas at the back (Al Waha) so I would go to the Ranches to do all my shopping, I think it is one of the best places tbh :thumbup: I totally miss the heat, even in 40+ I would try and get to the beach for a half hour or so lol

In fact I was over there in Feb when I had my m/c - it was a good place to be in a way as I could just go and get a scan by just paying for it which I wouldn't have been able to do here, although I was a bit worried they might check out my status when I was there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->