Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Firstly thanks for the kind words on my situation. But I hope my news doesn't comes across as insensitive now that I'm reading back a few pages - I have been traveling and off the forum for a few weeks and am not up to what's been happening.

The key thing about what is now happening with me is, it's the one positive thing that's happened after a long, long trial and error period of things that did not work out, and hopefully some of my experiences are useful for others.

Kismett am so sorry.

thanks! i am very happy for you and anyone who gets what they have wanted in no way should my situation take away from anyones great news i would hate if anyone felt that way!! sometimes things go r way and sometimes they just take a little longer! I am sure you have been through your trials and now you have gotten what you have well been overdue! I am delighted for you please don't hold back share your excitement!! :hugs:

Hi lovely's posted a video of me doing some IVF injections in case anyone's interested..lol :thumbup:

The link to my journal is in my signature below.

Prayers and Blessings!
~Angie

Guess I am out this month.... spotting yesterday and mild cramping this morning... a full blown AF would be good right now so that I can start again... G.P visit on Monday for last check after MC in May so I will have a chat about my actual chances of getting that BFP... OH has not been checked so this may also be an option... bit apprehensive about broaching the subject with him as I worry that he might think that I think there is something wrong with him...aghhhhhh! way ahead of myself again....!

well i started spotting today I never thought i would be so happy to get af but if the other alternative was eptopic then i say bring on af!! So heres hoping next month is better and next month i am ignoring ALL symptoms until af is late and i see 3 bfp on 3 different tests! :) good luck everyone!!

Cycle cancelled poor response :cry: converted to IUI on Saturday. Trigger tonight :cry:

Hi ladies,

Am back from our travels and have news that at 42 and after trying for years, I'm pregnant for the first time.

I wrote more here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...4-ltttc-thread-everyone-410.html#post20300625

I do hope some may benefit from my experience.

But this is just the beginning - at my age, at any age really, there are still many rivers to cross.

Alex

Thank you SOO much for sharing! I'm new here and turn 41 on Aug 26th - we've been trying for past the past 18mo (I was a 1st time bride at age 39). This is what I get for waiting TTC I guess - LOL.

We just did our first IUI yesterday ... I'm praying it takes even though I've been told only to expect a 1-3% chance :shrug:

You've been through a ton it appears and I feel we're just at the starting gate, but you give me hope! I'm praying this pregnancy is healthy and takes for you!

Cycle cancelled poor response :cry: converted to IUI on Saturday. Trigger tonight :cry:

I'm sorry :hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed that the IUI works. When I did IVF I ended up with 11 follicles but only 5 fertilized. I remember that my fertility doc said that in the event that we had to do another round he'd adjust the medications to get a better response. I'm sure they'll do that with you.

well i started spotting today I never thought i would be so happy to get af but if the other alternative was eptopic then i say bring on af!! So heres hoping next month is better and next month i am ignoring ALL symptoms until af is late and i see 3 bfp on 3 different tests! :) good luck everyone!!

Yay on AF!

I'm sorry :hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed that the IUI works. When I did IVF I ended up with 11 follicles but only 5 fertilized. I remember that my fertility doc said that in the event that we had to do another round he'd adjust the medications to get a better response. I'm sure they'll do that with you.

Thank you :hugs:

cycle cancelled poor response :cry: Converted to iui on saturday. Trigger tonight :cry:

i'm sorry :hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed that the iui works. When i did ivf i ended up with 11 follicles but only 5 fertilized. I remember that my fertility doc said that in the event that we had to do another round he'd adjust the medications to get a better response. I'm sure they'll do that with you.

thank you :hugs:

everything crossed for you...xx

Thanks for all of the support lovely's! :hugs:

I post a lot in my journal but always stalking and praying for you all

Muah!
~Angie

Thanks Roozoo, and good luck with your IVF.

Having been through 3 of those and also IUIs, I have to wonder if the Metformin treatment might have been a better way to start for me since it seems to have worked after only one try.

We'll never know if it was from the Metformin or the supplements from the past few months.

Hi Byanymeans, just wondering as a 41 year old how long you've been taking supplements. Just wondering if dhea is something I should add to my already heavy vitamin regime??

Congratulations, and heaps of good wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months

I'm new to the site - just joined yesterday. I recently turned 40, one miscarriage at 7 weeks in 2007, and one baby boy born sleeping 10 months ago. :cry:

We've been ttc again, no success yet. Looking forward to my appointment in a couple weeks with the Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Clinic at BC Women's Hospital.
I'm hoping they can help us out :thumbup:

Barnabibear - I took DHEA from about March until now. I researched a lot, and got some info and support from our dear Crystal here. But DHEA was only a part of the self-treatment - for the first time in my life, with DH's oversight, I begans taking suppliments (it's in my sig).

I had only started taking Metformin just before my last cycle as that is when we started to see the new doc, who put me on that after seeing I was PCO and thought my prior doc has both missed that and mistreated me (in the treatment sense). He also put me on HGH (only 2 shots as we were traveling).

Plus the acupuncture and TCM teas, as we get the real stuff here in Singapore.

No idea which of these worked in the end.

But research DHEA, it si not without side effects and there are those who caution against it. What I should have done first was to get a blood test to know my DHEA levels.

Hi and Welcome to Yellow Lily....x

OH went to docs yesterday to have his meds review, on the way I sent a txt to ask him if he would ask G.P about any contradictions with his meds and our quest to have a baby... lo and behold his meds (statin) have changed and he also asked if it would be possible to have SA:spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy: done...I am so proud of him doing that off his own back as I know it is something he has issues with. When he told me of his plan of action (SA to be done on Friday) I suddenly had a really guilty thought ("Did I bully him into this with my nagging about something being abnormal?") which soon turned to me thinking if all comes back well with SA then surely it will be down to me? So what seems to have been a step forward now has me in complete turmoil. due to his work commitments and our long distance relationship not really had much chance to talk about it in any detail.... The fact that I love and cherish him means that the results will not change our relationship on my part, I only hope he feels the same if I cannot produce the much wanted baby we so crave....:help:

Hello Ladies!!! sorry i've been missing for so long. It's been a busy few weeks.

welcome to all the new ladies, wow it's been busy on here. I'm sorry you're having to join us, but hope your journey will be a quick one.

Never2late, i'm so sorry you're ivf was changed to iui, must have been so disappointing. But you never know, this may do the trick. It only takes one little egg x

Soontobe dont feel that you've bullied your dh, I'm sure he's doing it because he wants to. I do understand that if dh's results are ok then you'll feel to blame. This is exactly how I feel, although dh doesn't blame me at all. Hugs xx

Garnet nice to see you xx

Thanks to the ladies posting with their BFP's. it's great to hear some positive stories.

AFM- snowbaby didn't work. That was our last ivf/FET so will just keep trying naturally. Thanks for thinking of me girls xx

Hello Ladies!!! sorry i've been missing for so long. It's been a busy few weeks.

welcome to all the new ladies, wow it's been busy on here. I'm sorry you're having to join us, but hope your journey will be a quick one.

Never2late, i'm so sorry you're ivf was changed to iui, must have been so disappointing. But you never know, this may do the trick. It only takes one little egg x

Soontobe dont feel that you've bullied your dh, I'm sure he's doing it because he wants to. I do understand that if dh's results are ok then you'll feel to blame. This is exactly how I feel, although dh doesn't blame me at all. Hugs xx

Thanks to the ladies posting with their BFP's. it's great to hear some positive stories.

AFM- snowbaby didn't work. That was our last ivf/FET so will just keep trying naturally. Thanks for thinking of me girls xx

Darn was hoping snowbaby would work out for you. So sorry:hugs: hopefully something will happen naturally. Thanks for the update:hugs:

sorry snowbaby didn`t work.

i am i right in thinking it is something to do with your lining? I assume that is something that could be sorted with meds or am i being thick!!!

I have realised i have 9 day LP - so have been taking B6 so really hope that works!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->