It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Doing fine... Might go in for a blood work screening soon (required before I do any IUI)... :thumbup:

Hey ladies

All well here... 12 week scan on Thursday, at nearer 13 weeks. Symptoms subsided, but were very mild - just like with Archie. Am showing already (a lot) and have been listening in on the Doppler, so I know all is going okay in there!

My miscarried baby was due just now. So we lit a wee candle for him/her to make sure they know they're not forgotten. It's easier to deal with when we have another on the way... But still hard to get my head around.

Not quite as excited about telling everyone this time around, but it's still exciting! I think the knowledge of how wrong it can go (congenital defects) and how easily it can disappear from view (miscarriage) kinda tames the excitement!

Still, we are full on nest building at home and will be swapping rooms around so that the babies will share (eventually) and have a lovely big play room... Not even considering names given our change of plan with Archie's! We'll wait and see.

My bridesmaid is due 3 weeks before me, and another good friend is due 4 weeks before (her wee boy is one month older than Archie, so we are following a pattern). Lots of others just now too. Baby boom... Hope it strikes you guys, DG, Mama and Ink.

Cx

Ah I'm so pleased all is goin well,can't believe ur nearly into the second tri already!

I too would have been due anytime now,Hubby says i live too much in the past,maybe i do but its hard not too!

Can't wait to see ur scan pic!

im hanging in the background as i cant bear to leave all you girls and am so pleased that all is going well for you Stina xx
Mama good luck with your tests x

Hi Ladies

Well I'm bit nervous about scan tomorrow now as have just had some brown spotting :-(. Typical this happens day before scan! So preparing for the worst now - memories of first pregnancy coming back strong :-( x

Try not to worry Nat,extremely hard i know,I'll be keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow xx

Oh, Nat, I totally understand how you feel... I have a horrible feeling something is wrong too. I just haven't felt pregnant, and only heartbeat I've found on Doppler for past ten days or so has been around 90 bpm, which is too slow. So I'm worried I'm either hearing myself or the baby has a poorly heart.

I am really nervous and Thursday can't come round quick enough. I'm not thinking positive thoughts at all, I know it's a different story from my post the other day...

I hope we are both wrong. Lots of women have spotting and go on to have healthy pregnancies... I sincerely hope that is the case for you.

Best of luck Nat. Let us know as soon as you can! Try not to worry... Says she who's all worked up! Cx

Hi girls :)

Sorry I haven't been in for ages, but I am still keeping tabs on you all, and how you're all getting on ;)

Nat and Stina- I truly hope that you are both worrying for nothing. After what you've both been through, it's completely understandable why you're both so nervous. Nat, I hope that everything goes well for you today, and that I'll pop on here and see a beautiful scan pic :) Stina, I hope the next couple of days don't drag too much for you, so you can hurry up & see a healthy bubba on screen. Thinking of you both.

Ink, sorry that you've been going through a tough time :( I'm glad that you're still popping on here from time to time.

Mamadonna, it's normal to look back when you've lost an angel, and wonder what could have been. I don't think that means you're living in the past. Hugs.

Deafgal, I hope that things start progressing with your tests etc soon.

All is good here :) Alex is 17 months old now- time is just flying! Christmas was great, now that he understands more of what it's all about. He soon got the hang of opening presents, that's for sure! He actually understands a lot now- toddlers are more clever than we give them credit for ;) I can almost have a conversation with him now, and he understands completely what I mean. It's so funny. We've booked a holiday to Orlando at the end of the year, so I can't wait to see his reaction when he sees Mickey Mouse!
He had a great time playing in the snow last week, although he wasn't too sure about it going on his wellies to start with! He face planted a couple of times in it, but he didn't seem to mind lol. I'll try and post some pics on here if I can.

As for me personally, everything is going well. It's amazing that having Alex has given me a circle of lovely friends here, which is a good thing for me to create roots here, with all of my family and old friends living 200-odd miles away. I've almost finished my weight loss journey now too. I'd put on a lot when I was pregnant and even more when I was breastfeeding, because it made me hungry all the time! I'm now 71lb lighter (5 stone 1lb) than I was last February, and I feel so much better in myself :) Just 9lb left to go, and I'll be the lightest I'll have been since I was in school!!

I really must try and post in here more often, but I do keep popping in and checking up on your all still though ;) xxx

Only seems to want to let me post one pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi Ladies

Not good news at our scan unfortunately. Baby had no heartbeat and stopped growing around 8 weeks :-(. Harder to take than our first loss in one way, as we'd seen heartbeat at early scan, but easier in the sense that at least we have our gorgeous little girl.

I'm booked in for a D&C next Wednesday. Want to do it that way this time as just want to go in, get it sorted and get back home to Ciara. She is so precious. Even if we never get to have another at least we have her.

We aren't going to try again any time soon. This was a surprise pregnancy, we didn't plan another quite so soon and I was worried about having 2 so close in age and about finances too. We would like Ciara to have a sibling one day but wait until she is a bit older. Maybe next year. We can't wait too long as I'm 39 in June!

In addition to waiting for Ciara to be a bit older, I think my body needs a bit of a break. I've been pregnant 3 times in less than 2 years! Plus I had Ciara by caesarean and breastfed her for 6 months. So I think it needs a break to heal and get my nutrition stores back up.

Sorry to bring bad news ladies. Hope everyone else is OK x

Omg Nat that wasn't the news i was expecting,i am utterly heart broken for you,will be thinking of you next Wednesday,massive hugs!xx

Oh Nat, this is awful news. I'm so sorry. I wasn't expecting to hear that at all. You have the right attitude about it all, and are being very rational and level headed, but I bet a big part of you wants to scream.

You are right that it is easier to deal with when you have Ciara, I certainly know that's what helped me through mine. And I don't blame you for going for D&C, if my instincts are right and they tell me the worst tomorrow, I'll be insisting on that.

I'm so sorry for you guys.

I'll let you all know how things go tomorrow, but I'm not feeling any more positive about it all...

Lots of love, Cx

Thanks ladies

Stina, I really hope your instincts are wrong and you see a healthy, bouncing baby tomorrow xx

Stinas- hope they have good news for you.

Nat- that is a bummer. Guess everything happens for a reason and it makes sense you need a short break from being pregnant.

Waitin- your lo is so cute!

Just trying to make the time pass quicker!

Nat, I still can't believe your news. Life is so unfair.

Stork, good to hear from you... Sounds like you are keeping very well (all that weight loss is amazing) and that motherhood is truelly suiting you! Your boy is just gorgeous! Looks like a wee charmer!

Archie is a wee tearaway just now! Full of mischief... I think we may have a monster on our hands! He's cutting loads of teeth just now, the pain of which seems to be fuelling some incredible tantrums. But he's still the happiest wee man I know! Except when he's left with his childminder - the crying when I drop him off is getting worse, not better and it leaves me worrying about him for the rest of the day, but I'm told he's fine when I leave.... He's like a wee sponge just now, learning new things all the time and repeating words. He said his name this morning, which was super cute! We have a ritual of reading his name plate on his room every time we pass, and he pointed up and said 'Ahhh-chy' today for the first time. He loves his dogs and cat very much, and is always getting into trouble for giving the dogs his food!

I'm babbling to make the time pass - heading out at 1.30 pm to walk the dogs - then hospital at 2 pm... D day! Will let you all know how I get on...

Cx

Well.... All was well! I'm very relieved and a little bitty happy! Will post a pic later on maybe, if that's not being insensitive to Nat?

And, here's a photo of my little drummer boy!

Attachments

• drummer boy.jpg
    drummer boy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
Oh Stina I'm so glad :). Of course it's not being insensitive xx

Yay, glad to hear of some good news. That pic is darling! Love that he's wearing the drum as a hat... :thumbup:

Really pleased all went well windswept,love the picture of Archie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->