It's really not that bad! I swear!

wow thats amazing! u look so fantastic!!! so re-assuring. ive always had to work to keep in shape so in no way am i expecting to spring back, nor am i thinking im gonna have baby and have routine settled in be back in the gym within a week, im just hopin will get back to myself at some point.
people just seem to love to tell u ur lifes over n just to accept it! ha ha xxx

What a lovely thread and I agree completely. My beautiful boy is 2 weeks old and he's the best thing that ever happened to us!
Yes we're tired, of course we are, but we help each other out and I think Noah is starting to stay a bit more awake during the day than the night. We're still getting time as a couple, we snuggle up in bed while he's asleep and I'm pretty sure certain aspects of our life will come back rather soon (without wishing to give too much information!).
I hate it when people say your life will be over. It won't and it isn't for us! It's a huge change and you have to adapt, but it is amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world. And I'd go so far as to say that now that I have a baby with my husband, I am more attracted to him and more in love with him than ever. EVER. There is nothing as incredible as the bond you get when you create a life. My little one is the spitting image of his dad and when they were both snoozing this morning in exactly the same pose, I have never felt so blessed in my entire life.

aww thats so cute made me tear up a little (damn pregnancy emotions)

but i completely agree - even though im gonna be single & doing it 100 % on my own im SOO excited to spend hours upon hours building up a bond with my baby , as tired as i may be i know it will definitely be all worth it .:thumbup:

wow thats amazing! u look so fantastic!!! so re-assuring. ive always had to work to keep in shape so in no way am i expecting to spring back, nor am i thinking im gonna have baby and have routine settled in be back in the gym within a week, im just hopin will get back to myself at some point.
people just seem to love to tell u ur lifes over n just to accept it! ha ha xxx

I know... I have to work for it too.. and I know I won't 'spring back' either... but at least now I know that I CAN get it back... and that it didn't require me dedicating my entire life to it like a celebrity, either. I just worked hard and ate right...so I know I can do it again. (I have to tell myself that alot though....as the scale climbs....:haha:)

but i completely agree - even though im gonna be single & doing it 100 % on my own im SOO excited to spend hours upon hours building up a bond with my baby , as tired as i may be i know it will definitely be all worth it .:thumbup:

Nicole... you are already Superwoman in my eyes. ;) A close friend of mine had her son at 17 and single... it wasn't easy, but he was her world. And she was happy. And she now has a happy family with 4 awesome kids and a fabulous husband.

i mite follow ur lead n take pics every so often to keep me goin. very glad u made this thread though. (and my scales are now taking a little break in the back of the wardrobe until january lol) xxx

Nicole... you are already Superwoman in my eyes. ;) A close friend of mine had her son at 17 and single... it wasn't easy, but he was her world. And she was happy. And she now has a happy family with 4 awesome kids and a fabulous husband.

aw i love hearing happy stories like that - and yea ill be 17 too :happydance:

and btw thanks for posting those pictures my moms been teasing me that i lost my body at 16 - now i know its not impossible to get it back :rofl:

No way... if I can get mine back at 29, you can DEF get yours back at 16!! lol

B/w feedings and sleepings with mine, I got everything done that I needed to. Sure I lost some sleep but what parent doesn't. If having a baby and being a parent was that truely awful, I wouldn't have had unprotected sex again with DH. And I wouldn't trade DS1, DD, or DS2 to be for all the tea in China.

was it really hard ? im not a HUGE fan of working out . :dohh:

You know... I don't know about *really hard*... I mean... the hard part was mental. The physical part, well, of course I had to work hard, but although I hadn't enjoyed working out before that, I began to really like setting goals for myself and seeing if I could reach them. I mean, yeah... it took dedication. I ate between 14-1800 cals a day for the first two months then 12-1600 for the last month... I did approx. 30-45 mins of cardio 5 days a week (and pushed myself during that time) and 45-60 mins of weight/resistance training two days a week.
So... sticking to it took mental 'with-it-ness'... but seeing the results helped. But really, that schedule's not crazy. Anybody can squeeze that in.

I'm no athlete, and definitely don't understand the 'high' that some people get from working out. But it wasn't miserable either. ;)

B/w feedings and sleepings with mine, I got everything done that I needed to. Sure I lost some sleep but what parent doesn't. If having a baby and being a parent was that truely awful, I wouldn't have had unprotected sex again with DH. And I wouldn't trade DS1, DD, or DS2 to be for all the tea in China.

Good point. I forgot how people tell you you'll never get anything done... never have a clean house.. never have time to put your makeup on... (sometimes I wonder when they say that... "what baby do you have?? A super-human gremlin who comes out of the womb mobile and intent to destroy the world???")

I for SURE don't keep a spotless house, but I didn't before my LOs either :blush:. I keep it clean enough. It looks nice. It's sanitary. That's good enough for me. ;) As for me...well... when I'm not too lazy to put on makeup...I can definitely take the time. I just tend to find my day goes by and I never did. But that's not my kids' fault. ;)

as all the others have said...thank you!

i have this one really annoying coworker (i love him to death and we are great friends but his sense of humor sucks!) who loves to tease me about how miserable i will be and then ends it with "at least your belly wont stick out quite as much as it does now" and practically has himself rolling on the floor with laughter. or likes to point out that all that work was "for nothing" (i lost about 40 lbs before getting pregnant). first of all...he has obviously never been pregnant and just because his wife DECIDED not to get back into shape after their kids means that i wont either-i feel like telling him where to stick it but i try and just laugh it off with him (even though i feel like punching him in the nose) and i have already decided to prove him wrong

i have had a pretty difficult pregnancy and a light at the end of the tunnel is always helpful, my light is my little boy and all the negative people can go f#@k themselves!

What about me at 36? ANSWER ME THAT!

Well.. I'd hope so, because...
1.) You look FAB and you're 35 weeks!! Lucky duck. (OMG I first mistyped and wrote "lucky dyck" which is really close to a horrible insult to you... and you thought I was your friend...:haha:)
2.) If at 36 all hope is gone, then I only have 7 years left???? AHHHHHH!!!!! :rofl:

Robin, some of the hottest moms in my neighborhood are in their mid to late 30s and have like, 4 kids... and surprisingly no plastic surgery. THERE'S HOPE!! :happydance:

Wow Jackie! That's amazing and inspiring. What sortsnof foods did you eat and how often did you work out to get those results? I hope tondo that after my Addison is born.

Also, thanks ladies for the positive words. I have people regularly tell me life is over, that I won't sleep for the next 20 years, that it is a lifetime sentence. I have since started to make comments back about how they really don't want me to enjoy my life by saying things like that to me. It usually gets them to stop :) I think it is very rude and unsupportive for people to say that to pregnant women. The thing is kids grow up so the loss of sleep, the temper tantrums, the sarcasm all pass. So do the cuddles, the kisses, the first words and fun a child brings. I know my OH and I are looking forward to our little girl. I can't wait for her first smile, laugh and pitter patter of feet in our house. She will make us truly complete :)
Xoxo. Hope people are kinder to us and can find it in their hearts to remember how scary and exiting it is to be pregnant!!!

as all the others have said...thank you!

i have this one really annoying coworker (i love him to death and we are great friends but his sense of humor sucks!) who loves to tease me about how miserable i will be and then ends it with "at least your belly wont stick out quite as much as it does now" and practically has himself rolling on the floor with laughter. or likes to point out that all that work was "for nothing" (i lost about 40 lbs before getting pregnant). first of all...he has obviously never been pregnant and just because his wife DECIDED not to get back into shape after their kids means that i wont either-i feel like telling him where to stick it but i try and just laugh it off with him (even though i feel like punching him in the nose) and i have already decided to prove him wrong

i have had a pretty difficult pregnancy and a light at the end of the tunnel is always helpful, my light is my little boy and all the negative people can go f#@k themselves!

I wonder what it is.... perhaps people just buy into it because it's "the thing to say"... or perhaps misery loves company? I dunno :shrug: but you go, girl! Ignore it... your LO will only add to your life... not take away. :flower:

Awesome thread, Jackie. :) I can say it's all right and exactly how I was with my first two - especially the sleep. It's amazing how your body adapts. :D And you know, my dates with my husband are amazing and we never gave up our "us" time. You're so right. :D

Another crazy similarity between us, I am 29, too! LOL! :D I am hoping that because I've gained so little due to the GD (special diet) I'll have less to lose...? o_O I hope. :D

Great, great advice and thanks for sharing. :hugs:

Awesome thread, Jackie. :) I can say it's all right and exactly how I was with my first two - especially the sleep. It's amazing how your body adapts. :D And you know, my dates with my husband are amazing and we never gave up our "us" time. You're so right. :D

Another crazy similarity between us, I am 29, too! LOL! :D I am hoping that because I've gained so little due to the GD (special diet) I'll have less to lose...? o_O I hope. :D

Great, great advice and thanks for sharing. :hugs:

HA!! We're twinsies!!
And heck yeah... if you gained less then for SURE you'll have less to lose!!

(I've umm.... gained more with this pregnancy than either of my first two...so.... sigh...) :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->