IUI Buddies

Welcome Hope! :wave:

I'm sorry Miska... I don't know about IB after an IUI..

(cross posted) Afm, went into this morning monitoring; largest follicle was 18mm, trigger tonight, IUI Monday. Well, just got a call during my nap and told me to trigger tonight but IUI is tomorrow morning because my hormone levels are rising fast. It's gonna be in Rockville which soooo far away. Sperm deposit needs to be there at 8am (so much for a sleep in weekend!) and my IUI is tomorrow around 9am. Eeek, nervous and exciting.

Hubby doesn't have a good feeling about it since it's a day sooner and not following the "plan". I told him they're the experts and aren't the number one clinic for nothing. I am now worried it won't work because of this either.... Hubby says he was going to ejaculate the old sperm to be prepared with fresh sperm on IUI. Does this matter? Should he just wait until tomorrow since it's been a few days?

he should definitely wait - they tell the guy to hold it for about 3 days before the IUI

Well it was defanitly AF... Now to decide if we try try again or wait..

I'm so sorry, miskus. :hugs:
I'm out too - went for my beta this morning but started spotting yesterday and am having more this morning. It was a long shot and I'm glad we did it, but still pretty bummed.
Hopefully we can start our next IVF cycle right away if a) the meds aren't ridiculously expensive, and b) I get approved quickly.

I'm so sorry, miskus. :hugs:
I'm out too - went for my beta this morning but started spotting yesterday and am having more this morning. It was a long shot and I'm glad we did it, but still pretty bummed.
Hopefully we can start our next IVF cycle right away if a) the meds aren't ridiculously expensive, and b) I get approved quickly.

I'm sorry Miskus and wish2bmom :( Don't give up hope!

DandJ I'm so excited for you!! I really hope everything goes well! Let me know how the IUI goes, I may be getting mine done the end of this week.

I had an appoinment this morning and it looks like I have an 18mm and a 14mm. RE said after the bloodwork comes back this afternoon, he will decide whether I trigger tomorrow or wednesday. He wants that 14 to grow a little more. I'm relieved because my last appointment (saturday) my biggest follicle was a 10mm!

I had my IUI yesterday and went well, less than a minute! Hubby had 6.1M post-wash and according to my clinic, over 5 is good and over 10 is excellent. We'll see.

Fx you'll trigger tonight! We can be in the 2ww together :)

I just got a call from my doctor that i can stop the gonal f injectibles tonight. At 8pm this evening I am to take my ovidril trigger shot and go in tomorrow at 9:30am for IUI. I am so emotional right now, I just can't believe this moment is here. The RE first said I would probably be doing the IUI later this week but something must have came back in my blood test results that indicated a need to rush it. I will keep you guys posted!

@Hope that's great news and wishing you the best tomorrow :flower:

Hope, that's what happened to me! I was supposed to do the IUI today, but my blood results came back Saturday and they made me come in next day super early to not miss our chance. Fx for you!

I had my IUI yesterday. Hubby had 13.1 million sperm post washed, which RE said was good. I asked why we had to rush the IUI and he said my bloodwork indicated I started to ovulate on my own. I asked if that means we missed our moment and he said no that we were fine. I guess I'm just confused. If my bloodwork from Monday morning indicated I already started ovulating on my own (he also had me trigger monday night), is Tuesday morning IUI too late? The doctor said although he wanted to give my one follicle measuring 14 mm a little more time to grow, he said next month he will just increase my gonal f dose to help them mature faster.

Do you think he made that comment because he knows this cycle might not be good? I'm hoping there is still a good chance everything works out.

Let me help you out lol, no you did not miss your O, with blood it checks for your LH. You can begin surging on your own just like me. But surge is not the release of the egg (not yet anyway) when you surge you have up to atleast 36hrs timeframe. So since you where surging your egg was ready to start its release. With the trigger it will make a definite release of the egg. some ppl like me can surge for about 4 days before O everyone is different but when it come to the high LH the trigger is a boost. then IUI the next day.

I had my IUI yesterday. Hubby had 13.1 million sperm post washed, which RE said was good. I asked why we had to rush the IUI and he said my bloodwork indicated I started to ovulate on my own. I asked if that means we missed our moment and he said no that we were fine. I guess I'm just confused. If my bloodwork from Monday morning indicated I already started ovulating on my own (he also had me trigger monday night), is Tuesday morning IUI too late? The doctor said although he wanted to give my one follicle measuring 14 mm a little more time to grow, he said next month he will just increase my gonal f dose to help them mature faster.

Do you think he made that comment because he knows this cycle might not be good? I'm hoping there is still a good chance everything works out.

thank you for your insight! I hope you are right! :)

I agree with Ilove - you're fine! If anything, if you did ovulate on your own and injected some sperm the following morning, the egg was just that much further down the tube to meet the sperm. Still well within the 24-hr timeframe that the egg stays viable. And if the timing and trigger allowed the other one to mature, you have a shot at both, potentially!
FX'ed!!

Hello ladies, I took a test today just to test out my trigger and its neg., so at least I know if I get bfp a few days from now its not trigger. only 10 days post trigger, and 9dpo, 9/8dpiui so I will test again on tuesday

FX'd ILoveme29!! Did your doctor put you on a progesterone supplement?? I find out tomorrow if I have to start the suppositories.

Any side effects? My coworker was taking 200mg pills and she was sick everyday for the full 8 weeks. Poor thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->