IUI December Buddies

Bma11, speaking of BDing, I want to do it tonight to give us an extra chance but I am always scared to do it after for fear I will disturb conception/implantation. My doctor doesn't have an opinion either way. He said I can do it if I want but all the good ones are already in there. I hear a lot of women say their doctor actually instructs them to do it the day of and the day after IUI. I can't decide. What does your doctor say about it?

The nurse told me to definetly do it after to cover all basis. So, we did. They never tell me before. He has to abstain at least 2 days before.

When I went to my follow up with RE, I did ask him if sex every day after the IUI was okay? I said I just feel like maybe it's knocking it off from getting to its destination or hurting my implantation success. He said no, it's totally fine to have sex after. And then I think about it, and people who get pregnant when they aren't even trying, probably have sex and do all sorts of other things, smoke, drink, dance, and do not rest. Shoot, my best friend and I shared a bucket of beer when she was pregnant and had no idea and her baby was just fine, luckily. But bottom line, it's encouraged right after and okay after as well.

Once I am confirmed pregnant, I have to abstain from sex for 6 weeks, is that in your protocol too?

bma, just curious, what's the reason your FS gave for no sex for 6 weeks? Ive never heard that one before.

I honestly never asked, but here is what one if the forms says:

11. A pregnancy test will be scheduled for 14 days following your 2nd IUI procedure.
a. If your test is positive you will continue the progesterone suppositories. It is your responsibility to refill prescriptions. We will continue monitoring you until about 8-10weeks of pregnancy, although, you will be responsible for contacting your Ob/Gyn at 6 weeks of pregnancy and seeing them by 8 weeks of pregnancy. Nothing is to be inserted vaginally (i.e., intercourse) until a fetal heartbeat is seen.

No I was never told to abstain after a BFP either.

Bma11 and Greenorchid.. We will be freezing and storing while DH is gone. Nervous because we've never gone this route before, we were hoping DH would be here for the BFP but if not then we will take what we can get, so long as we get the BFP!!!

I honestly never asked, but here is what one if the forms says:

11. A pregnancy test will be scheduled for 14 days following your 2nd IUI procedure.
a. If your test is positive you will continue the progesterone suppositories. It is your responsibility to refill prescriptions. We will continue monitoring you until about 8-10weeks of pregnancy, although, you will be responsible for contacting your Ob/Gyn at 6 weeks of pregnancy and seeing them by 8 weeks of pregnancy. Nothing is to be inserted vaginally (i.e., intercourse) until a fetal heartbeat is seen.

Never heard of this before either

The nurse told me to definetly do it after to cover all basis. So, we did. They never tell me before. He has to abstain at least 2 days before.

When I went to my follow up with RE, I did ask him if sex every day after the IUI was okay? I said I just feel like maybe it's knocking it off from getting to its destination or hurting my implantation success. He said no, it's totally fine to have sex after. And then I think about it, and people who get pregnant when they aren't even trying, probably have sex and do all sorts of other things, smoke, drink, dance, and do not rest. Shoot, my best friend and I shared a bucket of beer when she was pregnant and had no idea and her baby was just fine, luckily. But bottom line, it's encouraged right after and okay after as well.

Once I am confirmed pregnant, I have to abstain from sex for 6 weeks, is that in your protocol too?

We were instructed to have sex the night I got my trigger just in case I O'd early. I was wondering if you all were :sex: tonight. Hubby works late, so I might have to stay awake til he gets home.

Also, never heard about the no sex for 6 weeks after the BFP but I've also never gotten a BFP. :shrug:

I always :sex: after the second IUI. But this time I did IUI on Friday morning and went straight to work and hubby worked nights, so none for me. But honestly this time I'm in more discomfort than the others, so I wasn't worried about not having :sex:. TMI: it was painful today. :(

I'll have to ask about the no sex after bfp& fetal heartbeat seen.

Bma11 and Greenorchid.. We will be freezing and storing while DH is gone. Nervous because we've never gone this route before, we were hoping DH would be here for the BFP but if not then we will take what we can get, so long as we get the BFP!!!

My husband knows somebody who did that and his wife got pregnant while he was gone, so if it comes to that, I hope it works for you as well!

I never BD day of IUI for fear I'll screw something up. But I thought I'd try something different this time so we did it last night. Fx all goes well.

When I'm gone for a few hours I feel like I'm lost a life time on here! LOL :haha:

I'm cycle day 5 today. Last night I did my first Bravelle injection of 150iu. I must say that the needle going in did not hurt but the Bravelle medication did sting a bit. It felt like fire, and I couldn't inject it fast enough in my opinion. But it is what it is and at this point I'll do anything for a child. Next appointment is on Wednesday. :happydance:

When I'm gone for a few hours I feel like I'm lost a life time on here! LOL :haha:

I'm cycle day 5 today. Last night I did my first Bravelle injection of 150iu. I must say that the needle going in did not hurt but the Bravelle medication did sting a bit. It felt like fire, and I couldn't inject it fast enough in my opinion. But it is what it is and at this point I'll do anything for a child. Next appointment is on Wednesday. :happydance:

I agree the 150iu of bravelle was much mor stingy than the 75iu. The very first time I put ice on before and after, so it didnt hurt a bit.

The first few days when I was told to do 150iu of bravelle, I was only using .5ml of the liquid, that hurt worse than the 1ml of liquid. But it did get in there faster!! Lol but overall it's wasn't that bad. I also pinched my skin pretty hard to take away the little discomfort the bravelle made.

But yes anything for baby!!!!! I know u will, but keep us updated!!

I agree the 150iu of bravelle was much mor stingy than the 75iu. The very first time I put ice on before and after, so it didnt hurt a bit.

The first few days when I was told to do 150iu of bravelle, I was only using .5ml of the liquid, that hurt worse than the 1ml of liquid. But it did get in there faster!! Lol but overall it's wasn't that bad. I also pinched my skin pretty hard to take away the little discomfort the bravelle made.

But yes anything for baby!!!!! I know u will, but keep us updated!!

I was actually surprised when they told me to start with 150iu of Bravelle, only because I've heard so many other women say that they were started on 75iu for a few days and then up they went from there. I really want this to work out so that I can have my IUI by next wednesday. How many days did you stim for?

I believe I'm getting switched to Menupor bby the end of this week.

I'm doing 1cc of liquid

I was started on 75iu because I had 10 follicles on each side. They didn't want to over stimulate.

I stimmed for 9 days. On day 10 I triggered & did not do bravelle, day 11 & 12 did IUI.

I was started on 75iu because I had 10 follicles on each side. They didn't want to over stimulate.

I stimmed for 9 days. On day 10 I triggered & did not do bravelle, day 11 & 12 did IUI.

Ok awesome! I'm hoping that is the same for me. I have heard of people having an IUI done as early as cd10! Crazy! But cd11 or 12 seems to be the cd's that I see the most.

Bma and Mrs T - well I do hope you are right...it seems my sore throat is back...but my DH is having congestion as well so I am not holding out hope this is a symptom. He isnt having the same symptoms I am having but it seems we are both sick.

Bma - that is such awesome news that the lupron worked! You are well on your way to your bfp!

green - welcome....I would ask for the trigger only because it helps in getting the timing right for the IUI. good luck hun!

Kerry - I was crampy to after my last IUI....the dr said it was oving....I hope you are feeling better now.

I was also told not to bd once i get a bfp.....I am not sure why that is but I will def. ask when I go back in. I triggered on cd 11 and did my iuis on cd 12 and 13.

augustlover - sorry it is stinging...I was lucky with the gonal f it didnt really make me feel different except some slight nausea right when I got the injection. That would subside in a few minutes though.

well I recieved my femara today.....I am trying to get excited about my december IUI....trying being the key word....LOL...I Hope all of you get your bfps so that will inspire me!

TTC baby--- doing some research & came across this. Just for future reference.

QUOTE: "There are very few, if any, pregnancy symptoms before implantation, since the embryo has not begun to make hcg. However, your body does not continue *as normal*, or with business as usual. After hatching from the zona pellucida, the embryo sends a signal to the ovaries to secrete early pregnancy factor (EPF), which occurs from 1-2 days after fertilization. This EPF begins a dialogue between the embryo and the mother. It is possible, therefore, that a woman who is very sensitive, or is accutely aware of things, may have some symptoms associated with the EPF secretion, although I am not sure if this has been studied." End QUOTE

I just read that EPF is an immunosuppressant, which means that it lowers your immunity. It does this so your body doesn't attack the embryo and treat it as a foreign entity, before it has the chance to implant.

TTC baby--- doing some research & came across this. Just for future reference.

QUOTE: "There are very few, if any, pregnancy symptoms before implantation, since the embryo has not begun to make hcg. However, your body does not continue *as normal*, or with business as usual. After hatching from the zona pellucida, the embryo sends a signal to the ovaries to secrete early pregnancy factor (EPF), which occurs from 1-2 days after fertilization. This EPF begins a dialogue between the embryo and the mother. It is possible, therefore, that a woman who is very sensitive, or is accutely aware of things, may have some symptoms associated with the EPF secretion, although I am not sure if this has been studied." End QUOTE

I just read that EPF is an immunosuppressant, which means that it lowers your immunity. It does this so your body doesn't attack the embryo and treat it as a foreign entity, before it has the chance to implant.

Last bit makes sense. Lots of people have sore throat or flu symptoms when they get their BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->