IUI December Buddies

Kismat- are you thinking that you will move to IVF next?

I am on injections now. Patiently (or impatiently) waiting for that mature follicle!!

For some reason I'm not as scared of the IUI. I was deathly afraid of the HSG but I didnt feel hardly anything. So I'm hoping the IUI won't be too uncomfortable

I'm not sure. Will talk to my doc tomorrow and see what the plan is.

I know Oculi83, why is something that seems to be so easy for some people so hard for us???

We have run into a brick wall ourselves and waiting now to do some more tests which means we will miss out on the December IUI. FS says its just another month, probably best if you start thinking more long term success rather than immediate. Bloody easy for him to say. I'm 38 and time is ticking :-(

So I took a clear blue and it's BFN. I am absolutely crushed and just sad. I guess we'll see what the doc says tomorrow. My day 3 starts on Friday so see what I'll be taking. I guess atleastni didn't have to take Meds to start my period this time.

Sorry kismat. I know there are no words so just know I'm praying for you! :hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear that, kismat.:(

Thank you ladies for the good wishes. My mom told me she didn't conceive for a very long time even though everything was fine with her and my dad. So, she finally went for an HSG and that very month she got pregnant.
I hope it'll work for me, too.

Also, my dh's sperm count for the first IUI was very low (2mil post wash) so, my doc gave him some meds in the hope to increase his numbers for the next try.:shrug:

Anyways.. I wish all of you lovely ladies lots of baby dust!! :flower:

So sorry to hear that Kismat, big hugs!

Oculi I have heard that before about the HSG, it can just give everything a good clean out which my just do the trick good luck.

DP's sperm count was 1mil post wash, doctor didnt mention anything about meds to help. Just said to do another test next week and see what happens then.

Thanks, Lyghtning! Yeah, hopefully that will do the trick for me.
Right now, I'm just waiting for AF to show so that I can start taking the next round of Clomid and make an appointment for the HSG.

How was your dp's motility and morphology? Any good?

My hubby is basically just taking vitamin supplements and Q10. We'll see whether that will have an effect on the sperm quantity and quality.

26/11/2012 - 31 mill - 29% motility - 5% morphology - no wash

4/12/2012 - 25 mil - 45% motility - 4% morphology - no wash

10/12/2012 - 1 mill - 4% motility - ? morphology - after wash

He has been taking Menevit for about 2 months now

26/11/2012 - 31 mill - 29% motility - 5% morphology - no wash

4/12/2012 - 25 mil - 45% motility - 4% morphology - no wash

10/12/2012 - 1 mill - 4% motility - ? morphology - after wash

He has been taking Menevit for about 2 months now

My dh's pre wash number was 28.5mil. Post wash 2mil - 96% total motility but the morphology wasn't that great (4% normal forms, 83% head defects and the rest had some other kind of defects). :(

What is Menevit? Vitamins?

I really really hope we all get our BFPs soon! It's just so frustrating having one friend after the other telling me that they're pregnant (some of them accidentally!!!!!!](*,) ) while we're trying so hard and still have a hard time conceiving.

JUST Thought I'd share what I googled.

Normal sperm have an oval head with a long tail. Abnormal sperm have head or tail defects — such as a large or misshapen head or a crooked or double tail. These defects may affect the ability of the sperm to reach and penetrate an egg.

However, having a large percentage of misshapen sperm isn't uncommon; in fact, if your sperm sample contains only 4 percent "morphologically normal forms," it's considered normal.
Even with abnormal sperm morphology, motility problems or a low sperm count, it's important to remember that an abnormal semen analysis does not mean you are infertile. Many men with low semen analysis values are still able to father children. It just may take longer, a year or more. If you and your partner aren't able to conceive through sexual intercourse, assisted reproductive technology such as in vitro fertilization may be an option.

Anyways- I agree... When you start TTC, you see pregnant women everywhere and people you know are popping up everywhere pregnant. I'm genuinely happy for them, after all some of them may have had just as much trouble as us,,, except for the ones that proudly brag that it happened on first try OR by pure accident. We will get our BFP, it may take longer than we'd like, but I have faith it will happen.

Normal sperm have an oval head with a long tail. Abnormal sperm have head or tail defects — such as a large or misshapen head or a crooked or double tail. These defects may affect the ability of the sperm to reach and penetrate an egg.

However, having a large percentage of misshapen sperm isn't uncommon; in fact, if your sperm sample contains only 4 percent "morphologically normal forms," it's considered normal.
Even with abnormal sperm morphology, motility problems or a low sperm count, it's important to remember that an abnormal semen analysis does not mean you are infertile. Many men with low semen analysis values are still able to father children. It just may take longer, a year or more. If you and your partner aren't able to conceive through sexual intercourse, assisted reproductive technology such as in vitro fertilization may be an option.

Anyways- I agree... When you start TTC, you see pregnant women everywhere and people you know are popping up everywhere pregnant. I'm genuinely happy for them, after all some of them may have had just as much trouble as us,,, except for the ones that proudly brag that it happened on first try OR by pure accident. We will get our BFP, it may take longer than we'd like, but I have faith it will happen.

Thanks for the research and yes, I know. :winkwink: My doc told me that my hubby's sperm count is lower than what she hoped for, but that she's had successes with even less than that and that it only takes one.

The problem for us might also lie within my tubes. That's why I'm going for the HSG just to get that out of the way.

We're going to give IUI a few more tries before considering IVF.

Yup, I'm sure we all will get our BFP one day. :) We just seem to have to be a little more patient than others.:coffee:

Kismat, I'm so sorry this wasn't your month :( Believe me when I say I know how that feels.

Well, I had my ultrasound yesterday, and it turns out I don't have one follicle in each ovary, but I have two in the left. One of them seems like it'll be big enough for the deed. Really wishing the Bravelle had resulted in the release of more healthy eggs than that, but at least I got one. They scheduled our 3rd IUI for Friday!!

My husband gave me the trigger shot this morning. I explained how it tells the follicles to release the eggs, and said, "So it's as if you are saying, "Release the Kraken!" LOL!!! I know, I'm a dork-- but it was funny!

I tend to get my period about 11dpiui, and that is Christmas Day! That is one thing I DON'T want for Christmas!!

Thank you all ladies!! I'm just waiting for my doc to call with my blood test results, which i know what they are going to be and then we will see what the next step is going to be. Just have to be strong and pick ourselves up and continue on with this journey!!

Kat S~ I know how you feel I would hate AF on Christmas Day of all days! Here's to praying that you don't get her :hugs: which trigger did you use? Ovidrel? I did my own triggers in my thighs last year when I did a few rounds of iui.

August~ are you Doing your egg retrieval today??

Thanks for the research and yes, I know. :winkwink: My doc told me that my hubby's sperm count is lower than what she hoped for, but that she's had successes with even less than that and that it only takes one.

The problem for us might also lie within my tubes. That's why I'm going for the HSG just to get that out of the way.

We're going to give IUI a few more tries before considering IVF.

Yup, I'm sure we all will get our BFP one day. :) We just seem to have to be a little more patient than others.:coffee:

Yes, my RE said injections & IUI or plan b IVF. I said how about clomid & IUI! I was so afraid of injections & still scared of IVF ONLY because its not guaranteed!
So, definetly try the IUI, because it works. :)

AFM- still bleeding negative pregnancy test. Will go in tomorrow for blood test. If its negAtive which I know it will be, I need to see about getting approved for a loan for IVF. Not sure when I'll actually start ivf. If there's one thing I do know its we are having christmas with hubby's family Saturday at our house. IM GOING TO DRINK!!!! I think. I don't feel too upset today. Lol anyways. My step daughter always begs me to have a baby.... :cry:

Have a great day everyone

Alright so i just spoke to my doc and it was a BFN...ughhh!! still hurts but i know i have to move on!! so we are going to see my doc next tuesday to see what our next step is...i don't want to continue with the IUI's since they are not working. so just more waiting now...but atleast i'm not waiting for a period...but this will be good too no meds right now and we can try naturally this month!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->