IUI December Buddies

Hopeful27: How do you like being on the injections? That is one of my options if this IUI doesn’t work. I really hope you get your BFP on the 30th. I am testing early that day because it is my Husbands birthday and it would be awesome to give him that news.

Kerry: CONGRATULATIONS! That is the best gift ever! Good luck these next 9 months.

CCClomidQueen: Hang in there!

Kismat: I am glad you have a plan. Sometimes that is such a huge help. Have fun in Disney World, enjoy your much deserved vacation.

Pookabear: How is your TWW treating you?

BMA11: Cost is a HUGE factor. If we aren’t preggers we aren’t sure how we are going to proceed. Good luck to you!

TTCBABAY: I know how frustrating it is to only get one mature follicle. I am so sorry for that. How many IUIs have you done?

Charlie: I am so sorry you are out this month. Please enjoy your break, they can be wonderful!

Biggerfamily: I am sorry your IUI didn’t go as planned, I hope you caught that egg though. Good luck!

AFM: Here is what I put in my journal from the day of my IUI 12/19/12. If anything doesn’t make sence or you have questions feel free to ask. “We headed right to my IUI appointment after lunch. We were early, but they took us back right away anyway. I really appreciated that. Alexa did the IUI. I knew Dr. Hesla wouldn’t be the one doing it, so I was really glad that the nurse I got was Alexa. I really like her. The IUI was a little more painful than normal, but not too bad. The weird part is I didn’t have hardly any cramping or pain yesterday like I usually do. While I was laying for the required 10 minutes Alexa came back in and said she found the info about my HSG on the top of my file. She said that the lady had to move the dye around because it wasn’t moving freely in my uterus. Dr. Hesla hadn’t looked at the pictures yet. He may want to run more test, or he may just be satisfied with the results from the radiologist.
When we finally made it home and I went up to take a nap I got a call from Alexa. She said Dr. Hesla said there are some abnormalities with my uterus but it shouldn’t affect the results of the IUI. He thinks I have a really good chance of become pregnant this cycle. However, if we were to proceed to IVF it would probably be an issue. How could it be an issue for one and not the other, that doesn’t make sense to me AT ALL! So if this IUI doesn’t work he wants me to have a saline sonogram and maybe a tissue biopsy for my uterine lining next month. Yikes, that sounds like a lot of money! I really hope this IUI works and we don’t have to worry about it. Prayers Please!”

Hi Karen - I agree, that doesn't make any sense at all. If you have an abnormality in your uterus, it could affect implantation and it shouldn't matter if you're doing IUI or IVF. But don't worry too much at this point - my HSG showed an abnormality in my uterus and also showed one of my tubes potentially blocked, but when I had my hysteroscopy and lap & dye, my uterus was totally normal and the "blocked" tube was open. The RE told me that HSG's can be misleading/inconclusive.

Hi Karen - I agree, that doesn't make any sense at all. If you have an abnormality in your uterus, it could affect implantation and it shouldn't matter if you're doing IUI or IVF. But don't worry too much at this point - my HSG showed an abnormality in my uterus and also showed one of my tubes potentially blocked, but when I had my hysteroscopy and lap & dye, my uterus was totally normal and the "blocked" tube was open. The RE told me that HSG's can be misleading/inconclusive.

Thank you! I am trying not to stress and to have positive thought so that this IUI might work.

Well Im out this month! AF came this am at work. Im so upset, not sure how much more I can take, month after month it's hard to have hope. thanks everyone for the support. it's hard not telling people, but they wont understand.

Ohh... I hope to catch up with each of you later today. It's been a really busy couple of days at work and I'm getting sick! Good luck to everyone :)

Hi Ladies:

I knew I shouldn't have done it. But I got a second opinion from another RE now I'm utterly confused. OMgoshhhh..

So they both are in agreement to do IUI + meds. One is completely opposed to clomid saying that he doesn't recommend it for someone who is ovulating regularly. This RE wants to put me on Follitism and IUI.

The other says IUI + CLomid.

As you know the cost difference is a big difference.

Now I'm so confused. I'm on month 9 ttc so apart of me is thinking it's payback for being so impatient. However, I'm glad I checked because my FSH is at 9 and amh is 1.06 so definately borderline for my age (confirmed by both RE's).

I hope SOMEONE can give me some insight. So so confused.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ladies:

I knew I shouldn't have done it. But I got a second opinion from another RE now I'm utterly confused. OMgoshhhh..

So they both are in agreement to do IUI + meds. One is completely opposed to clomid saying that he doesn't recommend it for someone who is ovulating regularly. This RE wants to put me on Follitism and IUI.

Now I'm so confused. I'm on month 9 ttc so apart of me is thinking it's payback for being so impatient. However, I'm glad I checked because my FSH is at 9 and amh is 1.06 so definately borderline for my age (confirmed by both RE's).

Thanks in advance!

I am 27 so the docs aren't paying any attention to my FSH or AMH so I don't know a whole lot about how the drugs come into play with that. However I do know about Clomid. Have you taken it at all before? If you are ovulation on your own and you have a normal luteal phase all the clomid is going to do is possible give you a better quality egg, which is good. However, if you or your doc feel like you are running out of time and this needs to happen now, not four+ months down the road I would go with the follistim. It is designed to help you get multiple good eggs and that will increase your chances. Good luck! Maybe someone else will have more insight as well.

Well Im out this month! AF came this am at work. Im so upset, not sure how much more I can take, month after month it's hard to have hope. thanks everyone for the support. it's hard not telling people, but they wont understand.

I am so sorry! Do something for your self these next few days and then good luck with what you choose to do next month.

I'm on follistim right now but I don't ovulate regularly so that is a HUGE difference. I did not respond at all to clomid. Follistim I am responding to which I am very thankful for. It is expensive but you will likely be on a low dose so you will probably only have to buy one vial. The lowest dose is 25iu and there are a little over 600iu in my vial.

I have had no side effects with the follistim and think it has a higher success rate than clomid. Good luck!!

p.S. I don't blame you for getting a second opinion! You should always get one when you are unsure!!!

Hi Ladies:

Thanks in advance!

I think it's always a good idea to get a second opinion, if you are doubtful. This is an expensive, emotional roller coaster. When I was referred to RE, he wanted to do injectables & IUI. I wanted to start with clomid. I produced one good quality both times. I WISH I would have listened to him & did injectables because I responded well & had multiple follicles. Even though all were unsuccessful I responded better to the injections & that gave me hope. I am 26 about to be 27. And I have unexplained infertility. My clock is NOT ticking as he put it!!

Hope this helps

I agree with Bma- except I wanted to start with injections and my RE made me try clomid and femara for 2 cycles.

So sorry clomid queen :hugs: we are here for you & we unfortunately know exactly how you feel. :)

Karen- prayers for you for sure!

karen - I just had a saline sono and it costs about 400...just so you know...but usually insurance will cover it!

Twinkle - I think the follistim is more agressive and you will get a chance at more follies.

Clomidqueen soo sorry hun! Let us know what we can do if anything!

afm - I had another ultrasound and BW done today and I have 1 follie at 23 and another at 17....and that is it! My E2 is at 197 up from yesterday which was 104.....The Dr said that it is normal to have a lower E2 on femara than you would on Clomid, so I am going to trust that. IUI for me tomorrow and Sunday....I hope that one big one is in good shape and the other matures enough by the time I get to my IUIs.

karen - I just had a saline sono and it costs about 400...just so you know...but usually insurance will cover it!

Twinkle - I think the follistim is more agressive and you will get a chance at more follies.

Thank you!

Clomidqueen soo sorry hun! Let us know what we can do if anything!

afm - I had another ultrasound and BW done today and I have 1 follie at 23 and another at 17....and that is it! My E2 is at 197 up from yesterday which was 104.....The Dr said that it is normal to have a lower E2 on femara than you would on Clomid, so I am going to trust that. IUI for me tomorrow and Sunday....I hope that one big one is in good shape and the other matures enough by the time I get to my IUIs.

Thank you!

Thank you! I think I'll go with the cheaper route at this point. Thank you again!

Hopeful27: How do you like being on the injections? That is one of my options if this IUI doesn’t work. I really hope you get your BFP on the 30th. I am testing early that day because it is my Husbands birthday and it would be awesome to give him that news.

Injections were ok. Sometimes felt them more than others - I'm lucky and have a completely numb patch of skin besides my belly button and so if I hit that then alls ok. Was tedious doing them for almost two weeks at a go though.

Hope it all works out for you xx

Well IUI #1 down. We go back in the morning for our last one. DH sperm was not as wonderful as last IUI cycle. It went from 25 million post wash to 11.7 million post wash this time. I wonder why such a difference? I guess it is what it is....like I always say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->