IUI December Buddies

Green...How is things going for you? Anything new going on?

For me just hanging around here an there reading an playing game on fb with a friend. Can't do anything outside since it's doing nothing but raining an now giving freezing rain for us. I don't want that to hit us as if the power goes out we could be without power for days in the mountains.

For my missed IUI cycle I'm just waiting it out to see what happens. I'm thinking of calling RE office tomorrow if no ice to have a blood draw by the weekend see what my progesterone levels is this cycle. Me an DH been talking things over for our next cycle if have to do so. We've also been talking about IVF for next year after get some things paid off this year. IVF will be straight out of pocket which be meaning like 25,000 for us.

karenh .. Hun how is things going for you? I"ve been thinking about you an praying for you. :hugs:

To the other ladies how is things with you?. I'm sorry don't know many of you as I'm just a reader mostly now unless someone needs some help an I know the answers to it, then I'll post if not I'll stay sitting on the sidelines.

Green and BMA...just wanted to let you guys know....I spoke to my dr and she said that once my period starts in Feb. I will get on BCP's for 21 days (during those 21 days me and DH need to be on antibiotics for 5 days....5 days after I take that last BCP pill, I start stimming....They assume I will stim for 10 days...then the rest is ER and ET. I figure you can use this as a guideline for scheduling your IVF...should you need it...Green I am still holding out hope for you!

I just typed out this whole long thing responding to each of you and then accidentally erased it. Sorry. The jist is I am praying for you all and am glad that things seem to be moving forward, even if they are not as fast as we would all like them to be. Hang in there guys, we are in this together. I am just sitting tight waiting for Friday. I hope to know more then.

Green and BMA...just wanted to let you guys know....I spoke to my dr and she said that once my period starts in Feb. I will get on BCP's for 21 days (during those 21 days me and DH need to be on antibiotics for 5 days....5 days after I take that last BCP pill, I start stimming....They assume I will stim for 10 days...then the rest is ER and ET. I figure you can use this as a guideline for scheduling your IVF...should you need it...Green I am still holding out hope for you!

Thank you! That is good to know. :) I was wondering how all this worked. Still Don't really understand why I have to be on the Bcp. But whatever! Lol glad the antibiotics are only for a few days.. & before getting pregnant.

I was on the doxycycline (that's the antibiotic I will take while doing ivf ) a couple of years ago to clear up my back acne(mild) before my wedding and they told me to not get pregnant while on it. It can do something to the kids teeth. I asked my nurse today and she assured me it is fine because it was before we get pregnant... & if its only for 5 days... Makes sense.

Bigger- I'm doing well and staying mellow for this 2ww. FF gave me crosshairs a day earlier than I should have ovulated according to the trigger shot, but I had some crazy ovary pain two nights ago, plus my cm has been weird this cycle, so I have no idea when I ovulated. DH and I only BD'd once, and I'm not sure if the timing was right, so I may or may not have a chance this month.

Our IVF will be out of pocket as well so I'm praying we don't go there!!

I hope you're able to get you progesterone test.

ttcbaby - thanks for the info on your cycle. If that's how my RE does it, then I'm guessing I would start bcp around Feb 25. But of course I'm also hoping it won't be necessary!! Glad you guys have a plan and it's coming up quick!!

Karen- Thanks for your prayers! We will all get there, and praying Friday gets here very quickly for you!

Bma - I think the bcp are to suppress ovarian function before you start stimming. I'm NOT looking forward to them because when I was on them 10 years ago I got really depressed. This whole process is such a hormonal rollercoaster!!

Good to know about the doxy and that it would hurt our future bubs :)

Ahhhhh THANK YOU! What in the world would I do without you girls & this site??? I'd be ONE HOT MESS!!! Hehe :)

The BCPs are to make sure all of your follies shrink down to about the same size. This way they will all kinda grow at the same level making it easier to time egg retrieval. Me and DH have decided to wait until April to start our IVF process. TBH I am just feeling overwhelmed with it all at the moment.

The nurse called yesterday afternoon after my appointment and said my beta went up from 19.14 to 20.89. Weird. Dr now wants to do an ultrasound Friday to make sure everything is ok, and they are even more concerned that it might be ectopic. I haven’t had any pain though so I guess I am just waiting it out. I have stopped bleeding. It is kind of nerve-racking not knowing what is going on, and now I am scared that I am going to lose a tube or something and have to go straight for IVF, which we can’t afford. Ugh! Sorry, I have anxiety and it isn’t being nice this morning.

Hi Karen - I wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through this and also share that I went through the exact same thing about two years ago when I had an early M/C at 6 weeks. As long as you're not having pain, I would not worry about an ectopic - they told me the same thing at the time, (and freaked me out!) but as it turns out, a lot of women's levels just don't go down right away on their own. My levels were also stuck at around 20 or so for over a week, and I had also stopped bleeding, and my doc finally gave me a shot of methotrexate, which makes your body expel whatever remains there are, and my levels returned to 0 about 2-3 weeks after that. The entire process took much longer than anyone thought it would, (about 8 weeks from the 1st day of the M/C to the return of my regular cycle) but just know that you are not alone and that this does happen. Good luck and try not to worry - it will all work out!

The nurse called yesterday afternoon after my appointment and said my beta went up from 19.14 to 20.89. Weird. Dr now wants to do an ultrasound Friday to make sure everything is ok, and they are even more concerned that it might be ectopic. I haven’t had any pain though so I guess I am just waiting it out. I have stopped bleeding. It is kind of nerve-racking not knowing what is going on, and now I am scared that I am going to lose a tube or something and have to go straight for IVF, which we can’t afford. Ugh! Sorry, I have anxiety and it isn’t being nice this morning.

Hi Karen - I wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through this and also share that I went through the exact same thing about two years ago when I had an early M/C at 6 weeks. As long as you're not having pain, I would not worry about an ectopic - they told me the same thing at the time, (and freaked me out!) but as it turns out, a lot of women's levels just don't go down right away on their own. My levels were also stuck at around 20 or so for over a week, and I had also stopped bleeding, and my doc finally gave me a shot of methotrexate, which makes your body expel whatever remains there are, and my levels returned to 0 about 2-3 weeks after that. The entire process took much longer than anyone thought it would, (about 8 weeks from the 1st day of the M/C to the return of my regular cycle) but just know that you are not alone and that this does happen. Good luck and try not to worry - it will all work out!

Thank you! I miss hearing from you. How are you and your little one doing?

The BCPs are to make sure all of your follies shrink down to about the same size. This way they will all kinda grow at the same level making it easier to time egg retrieval. Me and DH have decided to wait until April to start our IVF process. TBH I am just feeling overwhelmed with it all at the moment.

I am glad you are taking the time to feel ready! Good luck in april!

TTC baby- thanks! & that sounds good. Will you start your BCP in April or march??

I will probably start in March and stimm in April. At least that is what we are thinking now....but if it comes to March and we dont feel ready then I guess we will wait another month.

Thank you! I miss hearing from you. How are you and your little one doing?

I'm doing well, just staring to show somewhat - not ready for maternity clothes yet, but soon for sure. We know we're having a boy and all the tests that we've done (genetic, blood, etc) have come back great so we're really grateful and relieved. I keep checking back on this thread b/c I'm really rooting for all of you ladies, and I just can't wait to read that all of you have gotten your BFPs!

I have a question. Had my lap jan3. I bled like they said I would for a whole week. Was supposed to start my period jan11. I didn't, and still haven't. The last like week my boobs have felt heavy like they do before I start my period. No period. Yesterday I woke up with a headache and this morning too. (Typical with ovulation) also yesterday and last night I felt ovulation pain. This is insane. I am not peeing on ovulation sticks but I will this morning. Ovulation is not possible at this point.... Right???

It must be something else because the ovulation chart says negative! Duh lol

I'm doing well, just staring to show somewhat - not ready for maternity clothes yet, but soon for sure. We know we're having a boy and all the tests that we've done (genetic, blood, etc) have come back great so we're really grateful and relieved. I keep checking back on this thread b/c I'm really rooting for all of you ladies, and I just can't wait to read that all of you have gotten your BFPs!

So glad to hear your good news!! Keep checking in with us and keep us posted!

So my ultrasound yesterday was normal. He said my lining is 4. something which is where it should be for where I am in my cycle. He said he was looking for masses which could indicate a growth outside of my uterus but didn't find anything. He said my HCG should be back to zero and they took my blood to test. They called later and said I had gone up to 40.56. I was at 20.87 i think on Monday. What do I do now?!?

So my ultrasound yesterday was normal. He said my lining is 4. something which is where it should be for where I am in my cycle. He said he was looking for masses which could indicate a growth outside of my uterus but didn't find anything. He said my HCG should be back to zero and they took my blood to test. They called later and said I had gone up to 40.56. I was at 20.87 i think on Monday. What do I do now?!?

It doubled??? Good lord. What did they say about that? Let's see...they didn't find an ectopic pregnancy, so maybe it's just taking longer for your hormones to get back on the program? So frustrating!!

Obtain - that is great news. What kind of testing did you have done?

BMA - hmmmm I do know after my hyscpy my cycle was very screwy. Once AF did come the next cycle was more normal but it really wasn't until the next cycle after that one that everything was truly normal. I wouldn't read to much into what is going on right now it might just be your body trying to regulate.

Karen - oh no....hun I'm sorry. Were you able to ask the re why the numbers are still going up?

Thanks TTC baby.

Karen- what did your doctor say? This is so strange. I hope you get some answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->