IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days work has been INSANE and I have to admit that I have been very frustrated with my body. Prior to seeking advice from an RE for our infertility I ovulated on my own every month, had regular periods (anywhere from 28 to 30 days) however, since I started the drugs last year at this time I don't appear to ovulate on my own, my periods are totally wonky (last month on a stimulated cycle only 23 days this month on an natural cycle 39 days!) so I have been struggling with the fact that I feel like the treatments are actually making my situation worse than it was when I went to seek help from the RE.

Needless to say it was difficult for me to come on and read about BFPs and women in mid cycle undergoing treatments, ladies entering the tww etc. when all I wanted to do is scream "WHY ME?! WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE MY TURN?!" Now I'm out of my funk and have had a few days to stew and be grouchy on my own! So I'm back :)

AF showed up this AM - FINALLY so my CD3 scan is set up for Friday morning. PRAYING this is my last cycle of treatment! If the IUI doesn't work this month I'm headed to IVF in the new year.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Yay for AF! Keeping everything crossed for you this cycle :)

When is your first scan??? Do we know if there are twinkies yet????

It's on Nov 8th, feels like that date will never get here!! But judging by how sick I feel I am pretty sure everything is OK so far :)

https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/winter/t118055.gif9 days till Frozen Embryo Transferhttps://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/winter/t118055.gif

Oh man, this is it ... I'm REALLY getting nervous now!

It's on Nov 8th, feels like that date will never get here!! But judging by how sick I feel I am pretty sure everything is OK so far :)

Holy cow ... a whole nother 13 days! Wowzer ... my FS does u/s at 6 weeks ... how are you handling the wait ... argh!

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days work has been INSANE and I have to admit that I have been very frustrated with my body. Prior to seeking advice from an RE for our infertility I ovulated on my own every month, had regular periods (anywhere from 28 to 30 days) however, since I started the drugs last year at this time I don't appear to ovulate on my own, my periods are totally wonky (last month on a stimulated cycle only 23 days this month on an natural cycle 39 days!) so I have been struggling with the fact that I feel like the treatments are actually making my situation worse than it was when I went to seek help from the RE.

Needless to say it was difficult for me to come on and read about BFPs and women in mid cycle undergoing treatments, ladies entering the tww etc. when all I wanted to do is scream "WHY ME?! WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE MY TURN?!" Now I'm out of my funk and have had a few days to stew and be grouchy on my own! So I'm back :)

AF showed up this AM - FINALLY so my CD3 scan is set up for Friday morning. PRAYING this is my last cycle of treatment! If the IUI doesn't work this month I'm headed to IVF in the new year.

Oh Springy - we totally get it and are just happy that you're back! Happy the witch showed up!

After today's visit for my day 3 scan I'm ready to move on to IVF. My left arm is scarred from the bw so I'm ready to increase my odds if this cycle doesn't work out. They've kept me on 37.5 units of gonal-f - there better be more than one follie this time.

PCOS - really excited for you.

Good Morning Ladies!

Oh Springy - we totally get it and are just happy that you're back! Happy the witch showed up!

After today's visit for my day 3 scan I'm ready to move on to IVF. My left arm is scarred from the bw so I'm ready to increase my odds if this cycle doesn't work out. They've kept me on 37.5 units of gonal-f - there better be more than one follie this time.

ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I guess you did not have Jen or the new girl for your bloodwork? that sucks Mary....did you do a patient survey? when I went for my 3 cycle follow-up appt with Dr.Karnis, they gave me a survey to complete on my overall satisfaction with the clinic and a various depts like the lab technicians, ultrasound team, etc etc, so when it came to the bloodwork team, I praised Jen and totally put down the other girl....I think her name is Laurie???

I am 10 DPO today and I am determined to not test until I am late! I have ICs but I can't find them.....I packed them away for Portugal since I was expecting to test on vacation but I can't remember where I unpacked them!:dohh::dohh: I have no symptoms....I am slightly constipated :blush: and I have had a sore throat last couple of days but today I have been kinda sniffly...hope I am not getting a cold! I have been drinking lots of juices and water

Carolyn....so happy AF finally showed! I was really hoping you did not have an annovulatory cycle...when I had one of those, my cycle was 60 days long!! was going nuts!!!

Mary...I have a silly question...when you go for your CD3 scan, is AF still lingering for you? I am just wondering if the scan is messy...next month I start injectables and will need a CD3 scan instead of CD10....wondering if AF gets in the way...usually CD3, AF is still there for me....sorry told ya it was silly :blush:

Good Morning Ladies!
the witch showed up!

ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I guess you did not have Jen or the new girl for your bloodwork? that sucks Mary....did you do a patient survey? when I went for my 3 cycle follow-up appt with Dr.Karnis, they gave me a survey to complete on my overall satisfaction with the clinic and a various depts like the lab technicians, ultrasound team, etc etc, so when it came to the bloodwork team, I praised Jen and totally put down the other girl....I think her name is Laurie???

I am 10 DPO today and I am determined to not test until I am late! I have ICs but I can't find them.....I packed them away for Portugal since I was expecting to test on vacation but I can't remember where I unpacked them!:dohh::dohh: I have no symptoms....I am slightly constipated :blush: and I have had a sore throat last couple of days but today I have been kinda sniffly...hope I am not getting a cold! I have been drinking lots of juices and water

Carolyn....so happy AF finally showed! I was really hoping you did not have an annovulatory cycle...when I had one of those, my cycle was 60 days long!! was going nuts!!!

Mary...I have a silly question...when you go for your CD3 scan, is AF still lingering for you? I am just wondering if the scan is messy...next month I start injectables and will need a CD3 scan instead of CD10....wondering if AF gets in the way...usually CD3, AF is still there for me....sorry told ya it was silly :blush:

Hey there! The girl who did the bw today was okay, but because they have only ever taken it out of one arm it's a mess. As good as Jen was with the needle I really bled every time she took my blood. I did fill out a survey and let them know that my hubby felt the special door the guys go through was quite conspicuous and he was really embarrassed.

As for your totally not silly question :winkwink: I have never had a messy scan - my AF is really short so by day three I can get away with a really thin pad. They do put a pad on the bed/table just in case. You will go in with a full bladder do the external us then go to the bathroom (remove tampon if necessary) and do your internal us. No question is silly on here.:hugs:

I had to laugh today when my sister was telling me how embarrassed she was talking to her doctor about AF because she has low iron. If she only knew what we discuss on a regular bases - ha ha!

Buuutttt, you won't have to worry about it because this is your month! I'm going for the positive thinking approach.

Kissyface ~ I had the same question!!! :blush: I haven't had to get one done yet but I just wanted to kinda see how other's had experienced it. But had no way of asking! lol

PCOS ~ OMG... so exciting. the time is near my dear... I can't wait to follow your progress... :hugs:

AFM ~ I'm super duper sore from my first 4mile run/walk yesterday! I don't know what got into me to even agree to meet my friends at the track last night. They almost killed me... on the bright side we got to talking about healthy foods and I'm secretly looking forward to the track tonight! :haha::blush:

I started my Clomid 150mg last night... nothing to report yet, I'm just anxiously waiting for next Friday.. my cd 12 scan.

How are all you lovely ladies doing?

https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/winter/t118055.gif9 days till Frozen Embryo Transferhttps://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/winter/t118055.gif

Oh man, this is it ... I'm REALLY getting nervous now!

:happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm PRAYING SO HARD for you that this is it and your frosties result in your BFP. IT HAS TO!!!! Have you decided how many to put back??

Good Morning Ladies!

This is my last IUI cycle to before moving to IVF. They are using 75 IU Gonal F this month in hopes to not overstimulate me like last month! I am hoping for THREE good follicles and a normal estrogen level :)

SUCKS about your blood work ladies! There are about 4 women at ISIS who do the blood work and 3 of the 4 are amazing. One is REALLY REALLY good and never seems to have any issue finding my minuscule veins!! Do you guys find that some of the ultra sound tech's are better than others too???

We are quite close together this month! YAY for a cycle buddy!!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I have CD 3 scans every month and they aren't any more "messy" than normal scans. I am always more uptight about them because I think about how gross it is but I try to just relax and hope that it is over quickly. Like Mary said, they will put down an extra "pad" thing and they are used to it - they do CD3 scans everyday for women so its not like you're going in with something unusual that they are not used to. Just don't think about it and try to relax. Its interesting that even on clomid they didn't have you doing a CD3 scan. Regardless of the drugs used our clinic does a baseline CD3 scan to look for cysts and to check the hormone levels. FINGERS crossed you don't need an injectable cycle!!!!!

PCOS mom: I hope these last few days fly by! Very exciting time :)

I agree with Angieloo - I hope this last week FLIES BY for you!!!!!!!!!!

Kissyface ~ I had the same question!!! :blush: I haven't had to get one done yet but I just wanted to kinda see how other's had experienced it. But had no way of asking! lol

PCOS ~ OMG... so exciting. the time is near my dear... I can't wait to follow your progress... :hugs:

AFM ~ I'm super duper sore from my first 4mile run/walk yesterday! I don't know what got into me to even agree to meet my friends at the track last night. They almost killed me... on the bright side we got to talking about healthy foods and I'm secretly looking forward to the track tonight! :haha::blush:

I started my Clomid 150mg last night... nothing to report yet, I'm just anxiously waiting for next Friday.. my cd 12 scan.

How are all you lovely ladies doing?

Good morning!!!! YAY to you for running / walking the 4 miles. I have forced myself to get back out running and I do feel SO much better when I am running or doing my spin classes. I have only about a week to 10 days left for running / spinning as I have decided that I won't be doing any of that during my TWW this time. I know its crazy, I have exercised before and KNOW deep down that going for a run won't hinder implantation but this time around I am being EXTRA cautious after my IUI. I also know that after my IUI this month I am going home to veg on the couch and not going back to work! I'm doing everything and anything possible to be as relaxed as I can.

As for your totally not silly question :winkwink: I have never had a messy scan - my AF is really short so by day three I can get away with a really thin pad. They do put a pad on the bed/table just in case. You will go in with a full bladder do the external us then go to the bathroom (remove tampon if necessary) and do your internal us. No question is silly on here.:hugs:

your clinic does internal AND external? what do they look at on external? my clinic only does internal. i've only ever had an external u/s when they were doing the transfer.

CD3 scans aren't bad.. i was grossed out the first time but it's so quick and i realized they deal with this stuff everyday. my flow is usually pretty light that day anyway.

your clinic does internal AND external? what do they look at on external? my clinic only does internal. i've only ever had an external u/s when they were doing the transfer.

CD3 scans aren't bad.. i was grossed out the first time but it's so quick and i realized they deal with this stuff everyday. my flow is usually pretty light that day anyway.

We do external once every 3 months or 4 months with a full bladder. They do it to look at any structure issues with uterus I think ... but never really asked why but it isn't an every month scan for me.

UGGHH frustrated - I had my plan all in place - IVF information night 17th Nov and then my IVF consult on the 25th. Just got a message from the clinic that they have to reschedule my appointment on the 25th! I don't like change ;)

Grrrr! So mad at myself- POAS this morning at 9DPO and it was BFN. I still have lots of hope for this cycle, I just wish I hadn't of done that to myself- I knew as I was doing it this would be too early to tell. Testing again Sat or Sun at 11 or 12 DPO for more accuracy

how late is the reschedule?

PHEW not that long! They could have taken us earlier but DH had sales meetings that day so couldn't go. Original appointment was the 25th new appointment Monday 28th :) PHEW!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->