• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Oh just wanted to reply august about injectables...I was freaking out about them and now after a few of them, they are a piece of cake....mind you the puregon, is a small needle just under the skin...but it is like all the other ladies are saying...you don't feel anything and the pen is easy to use...medicine comes premixed and ready to use....

as for the ovidrel trigger shot and doing it myself...we will see what the doctor says closer to my IUI date...they better agree to it! i do not believe 24 hours is correct timing! and as for self-injecting the trigger...I am a little worried since it intramuscular :(

Thank you thank thank you!!! :hugs: I'm actually starting to look forward to the injections because maybe, just maybe my body will work better with them!

Morning Girls!!!!

I've had a busy morning. I had an interview at 10am for a job position that I really, really want! I was super duper nervous but the interviewer said that I was the best interview she has ever had, and that my answers were the best. She told me to be very happy, to feel extra confident that I did a great job! :cloud9:

I'm back at work right now. But in less then 50 minutes I'll be at the Fertility Center, husband in hand, to consult what our next step is going to be. Injections? or IVF? Either way I'm pretty excited about the appointment. :happydance: And so very grateful that they booked me so soon considering that most of you wait over two weeks for your consults.

I pray you are all having a blessed day!

Morning Girls!!!!

I've had a busy morning. I had an interview at 10am for a job position that I really, really want! I was super duper nervous but the interviewer said that I was the best interview she has ever had, and that my answers were the best. She told me to be very happy, to feel extra confident that I did a great job! :cloud9:

I'm back at work right now. But in less then 50 minutes I'll be at the Fertility Center, husband in hand, to consult what our next step is going to be. Injections? or IVF? Either way I'm pretty excited about the appointment. :happydance: And so very grateful that they booked me so soon considering that most of you wait over two weeks for your consults.

Glad to hear that the interview went really well this morning!! Fingers crossed that you get the job :)

Fingers crossed you get the answers you want / need from the fertility centre this afternoon! Let us know how it goes!!!

AFM .... had my back to back IUI yesterday and today. I don't think I had the best ultrasound technician this AM. Took her forever and she was complaining about my bladder and it causing shadows etc. On the day of the trigger I had two follicles of almost the exact same size 1.8 and 1.7 and then a smaller one .... well the doctor tells me today that the technician is only reporting ONE follicle releasing! Of course I was NOT happy with that so I said "well this was a waste of money for only one follicle!!" and then he said "oh .... " and looked again and he said he thinks that the technician is wrong and that both of the ones that were the same size released. Not sure if I believe him but I'm praying that they both did. I really feel that $1500 is a waste of money for one follicle!!!!!

I'm trying to just focus on the IVF information night next week and then the consultation 9 days later.

Now in the dreaded TWW .... Beta is suppose to be the 23rd. If past cycles are predictors of this cycle AF will show up before then!!!!

How is everyone else doing??

Morning Girls!!!!

Glad to hear that the interview went really well this morning!! Fingers crossed that you get the job :)

Fingers crossed you get the answers you want / need from the fertility centre this afternoon! Let us know how it goes!!!

AFM .... had my back to back IUI yesterday and today. I don't think I had the best ultrasound technician this AM. Took her forever and she was complaining about my bladder and it causing shadows etc. On the day of the trigger I had two follicles of almost the exact same size 1.8 and 1.7 and then a smaller one .... well the doctor tells me today that the technician is only reporting ONE follicle releasing! Of course I was NOT happy with that so I said "well this was a waste of money for only one follicle!!" and then he said "oh .... " and looked again and he said he thinks that the technician is wrong and that both of the ones that were the same size released. Not sure if I believe him but I'm praying that they both did. I really feel that $1500 is a waste of money for one follicle!!!!!

I'm trying to just focus on the IVF information night next week and then the consultation 9 days later.

Now in the dreaded TWW .... Beta is suppose to be the 23rd. If past cycles are predictors of this cycle AF will show up before then!!!!

How is everyone else doing??

:hugs: Oh Springy I pray that both follicles released! I too am due for Af before the 23rd, which stinks because I'll be on the rag during Thanksgiving! Ugh... lol

Had my consultation ... injections it is for three cycles. If I fail to get pregnant during these 3 cycles, then I go back in for IVF consult. :happydance:

I'm really super duper excited and can't wait to get this started... if no AF by the 28th of November, I have to go in and get blood work done. If no ovulation is detected then I have to take provera for 5 days to bring on AF. But I think she'll be here by then. I pray she is!

So happy for you August!!! Did you hear back on the interview yet?

Springy I will be thinking lots of prayers for you.

Springy, I absolutely HATE when you feel like you have to question your doctor. I have felt the same way MANY of times. I've been in almost that SAME situation, where I had the doctor checked to see if I ovulated and she was like "Hmm ya, I think so". I was like are you sure??? She had to go back and look again and explain "Ya, see how it's caving in here". To be honest, it looked like a perfectly round follicle with no caving in ... I just said "I guess I see it". Never the less, I think she lied.

So happy for you August!!! Did you hear back on the interview yet?

Springy I will be thinking lots of prayers for you.

I heard nothing yet, was told that I would hear within a weeks time. I already work for the agency but the position is a step higher, better pay and all (3 times more than what I make now) and they seemed pretty pleased with me. I'm praying super hard for this job!

Springy, I absolutely HATE when you feel like you have to question your doctor. I have felt the same way MANY of times. I've been in almost that SAME situation, where I had the doctor checked to see if I ovulated and she was like "Hmm ya, I think so". I was like are you sure??? She had to go back and look again and explain "Ya, see how it's caving in here". To be honest, it looked like a perfectly round follicle with no caving in ... I just said "I guess I see it". Never the less, I think she lied.

What are the chances that only one released when we triggered and they were both almost identical in size and last IUI I had even smaller ones release?!?! I just am praying SO SO SO hard that both released.

On the plus side - hubby's numbers were back up at 60 and 88 million pre wash and then 20 and 40 post wash with 99% motility :) YIPPEEE Let's pray one of those 60 million can find my egg (s)!!!!

Twinkle, I'm sorry about the BFN. :hugs:

It could be good to take a cycle off. Let us know what the doctor says about IUI vs. IVF for you. I can't imagine they'd give up on IUI after two tries, but I don't know your exact situation. This is definitely the hardest part of the cycle. For a couple of days before AF, it's the lowest place. For me, once AF came and I had my new appointment booked at the FS, I was feeling hopeful again. I don't know why it has to be such an emotional roller coaster, I just know that it happens for so many of us. If it makes you feel better, let yourself cry a little. It will get easier, just get through the next couple of days. Even if you decide to take a month off, at least you'll know what your plans are for the near future.

I really hope good news is coming soon for you. I'm sorry that you're feeling sad about the way this cycle went. :hugs:

Thanx little bird..
My all reports are fine, no blocked tubes all hormones are fine..My hubby sperms count are less 24 mill and in our 2nd iui it was 5.5mill post wash..I dont know y IUI not working for us..I am thinking to skip my nov cycle and do 3rd iui in dec cycle..I ll talk this time to my FS let see what he say..
Me 28, DH 33

What are the chances that only one released when we triggered and they were both almost identical in size and last IUI I had even smaller ones release?!?! I just am praying SO SO SO hard that both released.

On the plus side - hubby's numbers were back up at 60 and 88 million pre wash and then 20 and 40 post wash with 99% motility :) YIPPEEE Let's pray one of those 60 million can find my egg (s)!!!!

They should both release with a trigger shot ... but they might not both release at the same time (my doctor said they could release hours apart). I'm positive that this is correct because I started dropping eggs 12 hours before my retrieval. I know I popped 4 eggs out before my procedure and they were all about 3-4 hours apart. It hurt like hell.

I say you will have at LEAST 2 eggs ... and with those sperm counts ... I think you will be a-ok!:thumbup:

August allthe best for the job hope so u get it..

Springy dont take tension about follicles i think relax and keep ur mind calm in this cycle..Finger crossed for you...

I would think that if it were a new follicle from this cycle -- not a cyst -- there would be no reason why the trigger wouldn't cause it to open and release the egg. I would be more inclined to trust what they said in the last ultrasound than what they reported for today. I have never had an ultrasound after ovulation, maybe that's why. My FS just trusted that everything worked properly after the trigger.

Those numbers sound great! I hope this IUI works for you!

I'm on cd 2 I think. I had my second b2b iui on Oct 23 and 24th and what I think is my period started Monday afternoon with really light brownish spotting on and off with cramps, then it went away that night. In the morning it was heavier- but only a bit so I was like "stupid witch" but then it went away again in the afternoon and did not return last night or today. Just light beige when I wipe. I know clomid thins the lining but it was 8 mm at trigger and I still had a few estrace left to insert. I have an appt for u/s and bw on Friday morning so I will ask them for pg test.

I'm on cd 2 I think. I had my second b2b iui on Oct 23 and 24th and what I think is my period started Monday afternoon with really light brownish spotting on and off with cramps, then it went away that night. In the morning it was heavier- but only a bit so I was like "stupid witch" but then it went away again in the afternoon and did not return last night or today. Just light beige when I wipe. I know clomid thins the lining but it was 8 mm at trigger and I still had a few estrace left to insert. I have an appt for u/s and bw on Friday morning so I will ask them for pg test.

Hi Mas - have you tried using a HPT?

Whereabouts in Ontario are you? Im in Toronto but my clinic is in Mississauga.

They should both release with a trigger shot ... but they might not both release at the same time (my doctor said they could release hours apart). I'm positive that this is correct because I started dropping eggs 12 hours before my retrieval. I know I popped 4 eggs out before my procedure and they were all about 3-4 hours apart. It hurt like hell.

I say you will have at LEAST 2 eggs ... and with those sperm counts ... I think you will be a-ok!:thumbup:

I was in AGONY last night with cramps so hopefully the other egg popped today after the IUI. Gonna make my hubby BD tonight or first thing tomorrow just to be safe incase it popped later today after the IUI. In theory though with back to back IUI at 26 and 50 hours I should be covered if they all don't release at the same time!

I have NEVER had an issue with all my mature follicles not popping ... even in September when I had a huge number of them all 7 showed as popping. Just feel like NOTHING ever goes my way!!! :brat:

Try not to worry, Springy! I'm sure your follies all popped - it sounds like the ultrasound tech maybe didn't know what she was doing. Even if it were to release after the second IUI you'd still be fine for timing. Good luck during the 2ww!

August, good luck with injectables! I've been doing a lot of reading about them and it sounds like they work fairly well for women who tried Clomid with no luck.

Twinkle, so sorry about AF. I think if you feel like you want to take November off and wait until December, that's what you should do. The emotional strain of this whole thing can be overwhelming.

I went to my appt today thinking this whole cycle was going to be a bust but they came through for me! They found a patient who had some extra vials so I'm paying her $120 for 8 - that's a way better deal than $1000!! They gave me the first injection today and showed me how to do it, but I already give myself injections because of arthritis so I knew what to do. So I'll be on 150iu of menopur today, tomorrow and then go in Friday for an u/s. It's amazing the highs and lows we can go through in 24 hours!! I was so depressed yesterday and today I'm feeling really optimistic again.

Good luck to everyone!!

Try not to worry, Springy! I'm sure your follies all popped - it sounds like the ultrasound tech maybe didn't know what she was doing. Even if it were to release after the second IUI you'd still be fine for timing. Good luck during the 2ww!

August, good luck with injectables! I've been doing a lot of reading about them and it sounds like they work fairly well for women who tried Clomid with no luck.

Twinkle, so sorry about AF. I think if you feel like you want to take November off and wait until December, that's what you should do. The emotional strain of this whole thing can be overwhelming.

I went to my appt today thinking this whole cycle was going to be a bust but they came through for me! They found a patient who had some extra vials so I'm paying her $120 for 8 - that's a way better deal than $1000!! They gave me the first injection today and showed me how to do it, but I already give myself injections because of arthritis so I knew what to do. So I'll be on 150iu of menopur today, tomorrow and then go in Friday for an u/s. It's amazing the highs and lows we can go through in 24 hours!! I was so depressed yesterday and today I'm feeling really optimistic again.

Good luck to everyone!!

That is AMAZING news!!!!! So happy that you were able to get the drugs and that this cycle isn't going to be a bust! This entire TTC journey is an emotional rollercoaster.

I was crying in the car on the way home from the IUI yesterday because of the news about the follicles. DH is always so optimistic and hopeful that everything will work out. Thank goodness for him!!!!

Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes tomorrow!!!!!

August - how was the rest of your day? Feeling better knowing that injectables are just around the corner???

Hi Girls..2day i started spotting so tomorrow my af will start...Totally shattered i dont have any hopes now..Tuesday have appointment with FS going to ask him about IVF if we can jump to it instead of going to 3rd IUI..I dont know y IUI nt working for us..
Want Help: how much IVF cost and does insurance cover it..Is it painful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->