IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Try not to worry, Springy! I'm sure your follies all popped - it sounds like the ultrasound tech maybe didn't know what she was doing. Even if it were to release after the second IUI you'd still be fine for timing. Good luck during the 2ww!

August, good luck with injectables! I've been doing a lot of reading about them and it sounds like they work fairly well for women who tried Clomid with no luck.

Twinkle, so sorry about AF. I think if you feel like you want to take November off and wait until December, that's what you should do. The emotional strain of this whole thing can be overwhelming.

I went to my appt today thinking this whole cycle was going to be a bust but they came through for me! They found a patient who had some extra vials so I'm paying her $120 for 8 - that's a way better deal than $1000!! They gave me the first injection today and showed me how to do it, but I already give myself injections because of arthritis so I knew what to do. So I'll be on 150iu of menopur today, tomorrow and then go in Friday for an u/s. It's amazing the highs and lows we can go through in 24 hours!! I was so depressed yesterday and today I'm feeling really optimistic again.

Good luck to everyone!!

Hi Girls..2day i started spotting so tomorrow my af will start...Totally shattered i dont have any hopes now..Tuesday have appointment with FS going to ask him about IVF if we can jump to it instead of going to 3rd IUI..I dont know y IUI nt working for us..
Want Help: how much IVF cost and does insurance cover it..Is it painful?

Twinkle I'm SO sorry that AF has reared her ugly head!!!! I guess whether you move to IVF or not depends on your situation. Sometimes they say that they want you to do at least 4 IUI before moving to IVF. Also they may want to change your meds for one last IUI. Just remember that the cost difference between IUI and IVF is REALLY substantial. I'm not sure what the cost would be for you in OHIO but for me in Ontario I go from paying about $1500 a cycle to $13,000 so we were willing to give IUI one last shot as the cost is about 10X higher for IVF.

Hang in there!! I know it is NEVER easy to get a BFN. Sending you a great big virtual hug!!! :hugs:

Hi Girls..2day i started spotting so tomorrow my af will start...Totally shattered i dont have any hopes now..Tuesday have appointment with FS going to ask him about IVF if we can jump to it instead of going to 3rd IUI..I dont know y IUI nt working for us..
Want Help: how much IVF cost and does insurance cover it..Is it painful?

I don't know how painful IVF is. I have wondered about that, too.

About the costs, I know it's a lot more than IUI. My insurance would cover infertility treatments after I had been prequalified (a year without conceiving, or 6 months without conceiving after the age of 35). But they had a max amount they'd cover, so I'd still end up paying for most of IVF myself, had I decided to go in that direction. I know it's frustrating to go through IUI and not be successful at first. But it is a good procedure for a lot of people, if they don't have certain fertility issues. I'm sorry again, I know AF is never welcome when we're working so hard TTC! :hugs:

IVF in Arizona is $13,550 but what gets expensive is all the meds (another $3000-$5000) ... I also had to pay for all the infectious diseases blood work which was about $2000.

But keep in mind ... my insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment what-so-ever. I had to pay full price for everything.

Is it painful? -- Well, EC isn't the most enjoyable experience BUT it all depends on how well you respond to the meds. I believe the more follicles you get, the more uncomfortable EC is. I will say this, my EC was painful BUT it's only because I had 30 follies and I has OHSS. Having said that, the pain went away after 3-5 days. Many many many women have little to no discomfort with their EC.

As far as ET, not painful at all. :)

IVF isn't painful.. emotionally painful but not physically :rofl:

well the retrieval is a bit uncomfortable, but my pain subsided after an hour or so. otherwise, no pain :)

What about ICSI? Since we are dealing with male infertility factor my DH has 24 mill..what is success rate of IVF vs IUI..Lets see what my FS say on tuesday i think he will say try IUI one more time..

What about ICSI? Since we are dealing with male infertility factor my DH has 24 mill..what is success rate of IVF vs IUI

ICSI is included in my IVF package. My RE said she would use it if we needed too! She never told me if they used it or not.

I know MOST of you have seen my journal already, but for those who haven't.

I'm very CAUTIOUSLY announcing this ... so ....

It is still very early ... only 6dp5dt (aka 11dpo) and my blood test isn't for 5 more LONG days (next Tuesday to be exact).

All these thoughts are going through my head ... did they implant in the right spot? Are they gonna stick?

I am going to trust God to see me through this.

Attachments

• Dark test.jpg
    Dark test.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
I know MOST of you have seen my journal already, but for those who haven't.

I'm very CAUTIOUSLY announcing this ... so ....

It is still very early ... only 6dp5dt (aka 11dpo) and my blood test isn't for 5 more LONG days (next Tuesday to be exact).

All these thoughts are going through my head ... did they implant in the right spot? Are they gonna stick?

I am going to trust God to see me through this.

I know I have said it in your journal but WOO HOOOO!!!!! Praying for a very sticky bean or two!!!!!

:hugs::hugs:

Twinkle: :hugs: I'm sorry for the BFN:(. Here in Oregon with ICIS the cost was about 9000. I would call the office for a breakdown of their fees and cost. Most places have all their procedure codes and fee schedules available - and most can even email it to you so you don't have to wait for an apt.
Thinking positive thoughts for you!

PCOS: yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!! I understand being cautious, but I am so excited for you:)

i had icsi done and had to pay $500 out of pocket (it wasn't covered by insurance)

pcos - those are some good lookin lines!!!

i had icsi done and had to pay $500 out of pocket (it wasn't covered by insurance)

pcos - those are some good lookin lines!!!

Thanx dear..Is it painful? Does it has better chances than normal ivf?

The only difference between ICSI and regular IVF is what they do with the sperm.

With normal IVF they just put the sperm next to the egg and hope that it fertilizes.

With ICSI they actually inject the egg with the sperm.

ICSI is more successful in cases where there are issues with the outer shell of the egg (too hard) OR in cases where the sperm are to weak to penatrate the shell.

This is ALL done outside the body therefore pain isn't anything to consider.

We're unexplained and doing ICSI on some of the eggs just so I have one less thing to worry about and I would hate to go through all of this and not have any fertilize! ...even though I know there's a pretty low chance of that. I think it's an extra $500-800 but really when you think about paying $12,000 it's a small extra price for my piece of mind!

All my stim meds came in the mail today. 5 boxes of assorted sizes! I cried when I saw them. (The Lupron is making me totally emotional and crazy!) I cried more when I saw the 22 1/2 gauge needles for the progesterone in oil injections. Someone tell me those aren't as bad as they look! I now look at my nice 30 1/2 needles with such love and appreciation.

PCOS - will say a little sticky prayer for you tonight - congrats!

Twinkle - sorry

Ashleyjean from first hand experience the Progesterone needles are nothing to worry about. I've been doing my own oil shots for about 2 weeks now...and they are no more painful than the Lupron. In fact, I thought Lupron hurt more. The only thing I will warn you about is the soreness that hits about 2-3 hours after the injection. The key is to do it fast and don't hesitate too much. I also prop my leg up so its not bearing any weight...do not tense up or it may be uncomfortable. Anything else u need to know, please feel free to ask :)

Congrats PCOS! A line is a line and I am praying for a sticky bean!! hopefully two for ya! so happy for you!!

Hey Mary! how are you doing? hope you are doing ok!

I am so grateful that our clinic does progesterone suppositories! I have a feeling I will be going on to IVF in Spring 2012. I am not holding much hope this month again! I have only one follie at 15 mm on CD10 on my right ovary....going back tomorrow for another scan and bloodwork....

Congrats PCOS! A line is a line and I am praying for a sticky bean!! hopefully two for ya! so happy for you!!

Hey Mary! how are you doing? hope you are doing ok!

I am so grateful that our clinic does progesterone suppositories! I have a feeling I will be going on to IVF in Spring 2012. I am not holding much hope this month again! I have only one follie at 15 mm on CD10 on my right ovary....going back tomorrow for another scan and bloodwork....

Monica that was me this month too - only 1 or 2 follicles for my IUI! I actually found out that a woman in my office went through IVF at my clinic 6 years ago and they only use the progesterone suppositories too PHEW no progesterone in OIL!!!!

What day are you thinking your IUI will be?

Do you have an IVF consult set up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->