• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Hey Carolyn! No we do not have a IVF consultation set up....we are hoping this month or next will work with IUI at 36 hrs post trigger...if not we are taking a break Jan and Feb 2012 and we will set up the IVF consultation in the winter for IVF in Spring. We have a trip to Mexico planned in mid February and we have a trip planned for Oct 2012. With this TTC schedule either we go on our trip in Oct 2012 with me pregnant and able to travel or with our little one too....

I know we only need one follie but with all this medicine you would think more than one follie...hopefully next month we can try 75 IU or even 100 IU

Oh I just thought of something...does anyone go for progesterone testing one week post IUI...ie CD21....some clinics do that but mine has not mentioned...think I am gonna ask for that...to confirm ovulation and maybe even a positive beta will show????

What day are you thinking your IUI will be?

sorry...forgot to answer....my IUI should be Sunday or Monday...I am guessing based on my response so far and the fact that I think my follie will be close to 20 mm tomorrow....I have been feeling twinges and pinches in my ovaries all day yest and today! I am hoping sunday cuz this way neither myself or my husband will need to take time off :happydance:

Hey Carolyn! No we do not have a IVF consultation set up....we are hoping this month or next will work with IUI at 36 hrs post trigger...if not we are taking a break Jan and Feb 2012 and we will set up the IVF consultation in the winter for IVF in Spring. We have a trip to Mexico planned in mid February and we have a trip planned for Oct 2012. With this TTC schedule either we go on our trip in Oct 2012 with me pregnant and able to travel or with our little one too....

I know we only need one follie but with all this medicine you would think more than one follie...hopefully next month we can try 75 IU or even 100 IU

Oh I just thought of something...does anyone go for progesterone testing one week post IUI...ie CD21....some clinics do that but mine has not mentioned...think I am gonna ask for that...to confirm ovulation and maybe even a positive beta will show????

My clinic doesn't do the day 21 progesterone test. They confirm ovulation by ultrasound where they can see the collapses follicle.

I can tell you've done your reading on the Internet. Sometimes we new o just trust the doctors. They are the ones who are trained. Is your clinic allowing you to trigger on your own 36 hours before the IUI?

I didn't even ask as my lh was starting to go on its own and I also dont believe IUI will work for us and that I am destined for IVF in the new year. I only did this last IUI as my husband really wanted to give it one last shot!

My clinic did a 21 day test for my first IUI and it was so off the charts and apparently showed a strong ovulation so they didn't need to check after my second IUI.

I saw in your signature you're on metformin. I don't have PCOS but my clinic is doing a study trial on the effects of metformin on Unexplained people. They did a smaller study a couple of years ago that showed a 36% increase in pregnancy rates of the people taking the drug so I feel like it can only help! BUT, this is my third day on it and OMG the diarrhea last night was horrible! (Sorry TMI...) Did you have any side effects when you first started taking it? And how long did they last?

Thank you PCOS! That makes me feel a little better about the progesterone shots! Saying sticky prayers for you!

Good luck with all your meds, Ashley! They've worked really well for several women on this board so I'm sure they'll work great for you, too.

PCOS, your lines are looking great! And the pos digi is awesome :happydance:

Springy, how are you doing?

AFM, got my second dose of menopur today and am going in for an u/s tomorrow with possible IUI Saturday. My clinic just seems to do the IUI 24 hrs past trigger so I'm hoping it will work for me. I'm really hoping this cycle is the one!

Hey Ashley! I have been on metformin for almost a year...and I noticed a difference in my cycle right away..luteal phase shorter although ovulation stayed about the same....only clomid and now puregon helped with ovulation

yes I did have diarrhea!! only first couple of days...taking 1500 mg daily....no pregnancy yet but have lost over 10 pounds since being on the drug...and they keep coming off....what helps with me is that I have cut out lots of carbs and eat mostly meat and vegetables.....it has been a gradual wait loss and I do get nausea once in awhile....

Good luck with all your meds, Ashley! They've worked really well for several women on this board so I'm sure they'll work great for you, too.

PCOS, your lines are looking great! And the pos digi is awesome :happydance:

Springy, how are you doing?

AFM, got my second dose of menopur today and am going in for an u/s tomorrow with possible IUI Saturday. My clinic just seems to do the IUI 24 hrs past trigger so I'm hoping it will work for me. I'm really hoping this cycle is the one!

Hi Azlissie - I'm feeling ok. Trying SO hard not to think about every twinge and such or lack of twinges in my body. And every few hours I do the count of "when will I be 12 dpo to use a test?" and sadly it never changes .... Sunday the 20th can't get here fast enough!!!!!

How are you finding the injections? Easy peasy???

Ladies - have any of you who used the trigger shot experienced really really sore boobs from it?? I have used the trigger 4 times in the past and had no issues but they are KILLING me this cycle!!!

If insurance doesnt cover IVF is there any way that its cost can get lower..
Ashley hope so icsi works for you..
Azlissie and springy finger crossed for both of you

PCOS - will say a little sticky prayer for you tonight - congrats!

Twinkle - sorry

Hi Mary! How are you doing???

Hey ladies - I'm doing well, thanks! Just hanging in there during the 2ww. Not much to report. I feel the same as I do every other month which isn't very encouraging. We're trying to decide if we're going to do a fourth IUI or move on to IVF. I have an appointment on the 30th to discuss with our Doc.

Monica - sorry only one follie - that was me this month. They left me at 37.5 this month, I think my follies grow too fast so they didn't want to increase it.

So today my follie is still at 15 mm and my lining went from 7 to 6!!!! How can that be? even the doctor said the technician messed up! but anyways my estrogen is rising nicely but the doctor increased my puregon from 42 IU to 58 IU. going back tomorrow for CD12 scan :(

but the doctor agreed to do IUI 36 hours post trigger. she said it was up to me even though they believe 24 hours is best....whatever...want to try something different this time!

so Mary why dont you think about doing IUI at 36 hours...just a thought but you wont need it! think positive! no symptoms are good :)

Good evening, ladies! How's everyone doing today? I had my scan this morning - only two follies - 17mm and 18mm. I was really hoping for more than that! I would have liked to wait one more day but my clinic doesn't open on Sundays so we went ahead and did the trigger shot this morning and I'm going in for my IUI tomorrow. I wish I could have given the injectables a little longer to work and let those follies get a little bigger. I'm already having doubts about this working!

They checked my estrogen today - they've never done that before but they said they should because of the menopur. It came back at 1200. Doesn't that seem really high? Now I'm worried about that, too. I wish I wouldn't second guess everything all the time!

I put up some wainscoting and a chair rail in the room that will be a nursery some day and I just finished painting it a really pretty leaf green. If I build it, a baby will come, right???

Monica, sorry to hear about your lining and follie. I sure hope things work out!

Good luck, snowbunny!

They checked my estrogen today - they've never done that before but they said they should because of the menopur. It came back at 1200. Doesn't that seem really high? Now I'm worried about that, too. I wish I wouldn't second guess everything all the time!

Good luck with the IUI tomorrow! I think the follicle sizes sound ok, and they will continue to grow until they're actually released. About the estrogen levels, it depends on the meds you took. With Femara, my levels were much lower than someone on Clomid, for example. If they're not worried, maybe it is fine. My doc was more worried about super low levels right before ovulation.

Yes! If you build it they will come! :hugs:

Good evening, ladies! How's everyone doing today? I had my scan this morning - only two follies - 17mm and 18mm. I was really hoping for more than that! I would have liked to wait one more day but my clinic doesn't open on Sundays so we went ahead and did the trigger shot this morning and I'm going in for my IUI tomorrow. I wish I could have given the injectables a little longer to work and let those follies get a little bigger. I'm already having doubts about this working!

I put up some wainscoting and a chair rail in the room that will be a nursery some day and I just finished painting it a really pretty leaf green. If I build it, a baby will come, right???

Monica, sorry to hear about your lining and follie. I sure hope things work out!

Good luck, snowbunny!

On injectables they will trigger earlier than oral medications. As for estrogen looks like a great number. Have read that for each egg the estrogen level should be 250 to 600 so looks to me like you have two ripe eggs :)

Ironically my follicles were the exact same size at trigger!! Maybe it's a sign for us :)

Sounds like a great future nursery! Hubby and I are car shopping tomorrow and we have a golf lesson. Should keep me nice and distracted!

Monica hang in there!!! I know the results aren't what you wanted but don't get too discouraged, remember positive thinking only.

Springy, I hope an 18 and a 17mm follie will do the trick for both of us! I keep telling myself that all it takes is one.

My IUI went okay this morning - she had a hard time getting the catheter through my cervix so it was fairly painful and I bled a little. Oh well. The numbers were 30 million with 50% motility - that's the highest number I've had so far. And now the 2ww begins!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Awesome numbers, azlissie! Fingers crossed for you this cycle! :dust:

Pcos ~ Congrats on that bfp!!! :hugs:

As for me... I've been MIA.. I know, but my heart has felt such a great amount of bitterness towards the entire TTC process that I thought it was best to keep my negative self and thoughts all to me...

No ovulation yet. I've given up on it... I'm on the verge of tears every time I think of how far away the 28th is. And how even then my period won't be here for another week if they give me provera/progesterone to bring her on. Which means that By the time my next cycle begins it'll be mid-december and that feels so far away. :cry:

Sorry about this cycle, august. :hugs:

I hope they have a better plan for next time! That is so frustrating and you deserve better! The 28th is far away! That's the soonest you can start progesterone? Ugh. I'm so sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->