• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Sorry about this cycle, august. :hugs:

I hope they have a better plan for next time! That is so frustrating and you deserve better! The 28th is far away! That's the soonest you can start progesterone? Ugh. I'm so sorry!

I've decided that if I don't ovulate today or tomorrow (I'm tempting) then on Wednesday I will call and see if they can start me sooner than the 28th.

August, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. That is incredibly frustrating. I definitely think you should call them this week - what's the point of just dragging it out forever if they are planning on giving you provera anyway? Good luck!

Hello ladies! I hope I can join you all again. I had to take a few months off to regroup and to get a second opinion. We found a wonderful new MD and she wanted me to try another unmedicated cycle after I finished my BC pills. So I had a positive OPK on 11/10 and went in on 11/11 for my IUI. So now I am on the wonderful (being snide) TWW.

Sorry again for not being around, but I really needed to take a break from all the fertility focus so I could get some balance back into my life. Now I am feeling really positive and good about this cycle. I have lots of reading to catch up with y'all.

Sending lots of positive energy to everyone!

Welcome back want2bmomma! Glad you're feeling positive now :) I took a mental break after my last failed IUI and came back really refreshed!

August, so sorry to hear about the weekend. Hope you were able to try and put it out of your mind for a bit and enjoy some of the weekend. Hang in there. I know it's tough for you right now but hang on there it will get better.

How was everyone else's weekend? I kept really busy which was good. Now I'm 5dpo and nothing to report!! Grrrr hard to stay positive. On a plus side our IVF information night at our clinic is Thursday. Anything specifi I should be asking the staff / embryologist???

Hi Ladies

Seems this past week went from bad to worse for me...

After my FS confirmed on Tuesday (8th) that I miscarried the twins, I stated getting pain... lots and lots of "can't walk/talk/breathe"-pain!

I was admitted to hospital on Wednesday evening (9th) and saw my FS on 10th. He scheduled me for a laparoscopy that afternoon to go in with the small camera to see what's happening! He had to do a D&C to clear out the rest of the miscarriage and also discovered a 3.5cm ectopic pregnancy on my right ovary.

He had to remove the right ovary and tube due to too much damaged caused by the ectopic! :cry:

Had two hours surgery (luckily spinal block and general anesthesia) and was released from hosp on Friday.

Now, I can only see him in 6 weeks time to (1) heal, and (2) have all the hormone levels even out again!

I am so worried about TTC again... having only one ovary and the possibility of another ectopic is just too much to handle! Does IVF eliminate the chance for ectopic pregnancy?

I have no idea what the plans are going forward, but I do want a baby so badly! Focussing now on getting better and not to loose hope!

Sorry for the rant, but this forum is my only escape! :flower:

Hi Ladies

After my FS confirmed on Tuesday (8th) that I miscarried the twins, I stated getting pain... lots and lots of "can't walk/talk/breathe"-pain!

I was admitted to hospital on Wednesday evening (9th) and saw my FS on 10th. He scheduled me for a laparoscopy that afternoon to go in with the small camera to see what's happening! He had to do a D&C to clear out the rest of the miscarriage and also discovered a 3.5cm ectopic pregnancy on my right ovary.

He had to remove the right ovary and tube due to too much damaged caused by the ectopic! :cry:

Had two hours surgery (luckily spinal block and general anesthesia) and was released from hosp on Friday.

Now, I can only see him in 6 weeks time to (1) heal, and (2) have all the hormone levels even out again!

I am so worried about TTC again... having only one ovary and the possibility of another ectopic is just too much to handle! Does IVF eliminate the chance for ectopic pregnancy?

I have no idea what the plans are going forward, but I do want a baby so badly! Focussing now on getting better and not to loose hope!

I am so sorry for your loss :sad1:

Hi Ladies

Oh, Sasha, I'm so sorry that things have turned out this way! :hugs:

I wish I could give you a big hug in real life, because I know that the past week must have been such a shock for you on top of everything else!

To answer your question, I think IVF does remove the risk of ectopic. They're transferring embryos into the exact place they need to implant to give them the highest chance of surviving. And I think it's a better option for people with one tube, but I'm not sure about that. I think there are threads on BnB of women who have lost a tube/ovary and maybe talking to some of them will help -- I know it seems like this is a big reduction in your chances, but I know someone personally who had a tube removed for ectopic and later conceived naturally on the other side. So keep hoping that you will get your rainbow baby. Once you are completely healed, your doctor will be able to help you get there.

Hi Ladies

Oh Sasha I am SO sorry to hear about the week you have had!!! On top of the m/c having to deal with the ectopic and losing your tube is absolutely gutting. Sending you a HUGE virtual :hugs::hugs:. Take some time to heal physically and emotionally and then discuss with your doctor your next steps.

My SIL had an ectopic a few years back, one of her tubes was completely removed. She has went on to have 2 more successful NATURAL pregnancies!! Having 1 tube will not hinder your chances of getting pregnant.

As far as IVF and ectopic, I don't want to provide false information but you can look that information up online. https://www.womens-health.co.uk/IVF-ectopic-pregnancy.html Because I am a TOTAL worry wart, I actually did A LOT of research about that exact same question this past week.

Hi Ladies

I am so sorry.....I am sending lots of positive energy your way so you have a speedy recovery. I too have a friend who had an ovary and tube removed due to torsion and she has been able to conceive naturally.

Hi sasha 25 you may have seen me on other threads, i'm so sorry for your loss. With regards to ivf and ectopic I need ivf as I had really bad tube damage on my 1st attempt unfortunately it ended up ectopic. The way my re described it to me was because the embryo's were put back on day 3 they are not ready to implant so they float about until they are ready and unfortunately they can float back up into the tube. The odds are really small like 4-5% but it can happen. I had both my tubes removed as they were useless anyway. I wish you luck if you do go down the ivf route xxxx

Sasha Im really sorry to read about ur loss..:hug:..just wish u to get more stronger and positive and take little rest from ttc n thn start with fresh mind..

Sasha, I'm so sorry about everything you're going through!

Sorry I've been busy all weekend so I haven't been checking the board. We went to a wedding out of town which was great for distracting me from my IVF-filled life! Even though I did have the joy of having to give myself a Lupron injection in the car on our way on Friday night! I just started my stimulation injections last night. Mixing/reconstituting the meds was a bit daunting but pretty easy. I think my body has adjusted to the Metformin since my tummy has calmed down. Whew! My husband is now on the lookout for any wild mood swings now that I'm on the stims, haha.

Soo..... an update on my part ...

I've been experiencing lots of clear, liquid/egg white like cm... and so today my cervix has been high and soft, and slightly open... I just did an OPK and it's positive!!!!!!!! The first one since I've started testing on cycle day 8 and I'm now on cycle day 22 :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know that there's a phat chance that I'll get the egg but dh and I will be doing the mambo dance for the next few days in hopes of maybe, just possibly catching this egg on our own :cloud9:

Here's my OPK... in person the lines are the exact same color! It's so cool!

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 5
Sasha, I am so sorry for what you've been going through. I can't imagine how upsetting it has been. I hope you can get some good news from your RE in a few weeks about trying again.

August, your OPK looks great! Good luck catching that eggy!

Good job with the meds, Ashley! My RE showed me how to mix the menopur but then they ended up just giving me both doses and I didn't have to do it myself - yay!

AFM, nothing new to report. I'm only 2dpiui!! I hate this waiting part - it just drags on forever.

My BETA today was 238 and going back on wednesday for another.

Had loads of cramps and my side is aching alot!! Praying to God everything is a-ok in there!

My BETA today was 238 and going back on wednesday for another.

Had loads of cramps and my side is aching alot!! Praying to God everything is a-ok in there!
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

so happy for you!!! keeping you in my prayers for a sticky bean! cramps are good! baby is snuggling in strong in his new home for the next 8 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->