IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Hi ladies, just came back from U/S. I only have 2 follicles on each side of the ovary :(. One 22mm and the other 16mm (CD13). I wonder what is my chance with only one possible mature follicles. I don't know why, but I don't feel optimistic after so many failed months. Got my HCG Shot today, will have my IUI on Sunday (about 42 hours after the shot). I asked my Dr. if that too late, he said, nope. Hmmm. I read majority have it around 36 hours.
why so sad hun? i had 4 follicles and they were big all of them. dont be down :hugs::hugs:

Sorry, I must wrote it wrong :)..actually one at each side, 22mm and the other one 16mm. My lining is 9.0.

Wow, look at all these IUIs so close together! Please let us all get sticky beans! :dust:

Tomorrow is a big day for our group! Best of luck to LittleBird and Hoping4Baby2 - I'll be sending lots of :dust: your way. Let us know how it goes!

I love the video, squirrel!! That was too funny.

What does everyone do for a living? I teach high school and our first day of class is Monday already! I don't know what happened to the summer, but I'm hoping the fact that I'll be back at work will make my next 2WW go by a lot faster.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

azlissie~ I went to college and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Education also. I taught French & English in High School, then I moved to the States and found a job, working for a major corporation (Fortune 500) company. I've been with that company for 10 yrs now.

Springy~ Your job sounds soooooo exciting! Toronto is by far my favorite city in Canada! My brother lives there, so I get to visit quite a few times a year. I am Canadian but live in the States now. I'm a 5-hr drive from Toronto. I used to travel there to get my hair done at Toni & Guy's in Bloor :)

Here is my am test, I'm around 7dpo, my iui was Friday the 5th

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/maureenm11/testsatic-1.jpg

and here it is tweaked

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/maureenm11/testsatic-1-1.jpg

Hi ladies, just came back from U/S. I only have 2 follicles on each side of the ovary :(. One 22mm and the other 16mm (CD13). I wonder what is my chance with only one possible mature follicles. I don't know why, but I don't feel optimistic after so many failed months. Got my HCG Shot today, will have my IUI on Sunday (about 42 hours after the shot). I asked my Dr. if that too late, he said, nope. Hmmm. I read majority have it around 36 hours.
why so sad hun? i had 4 follicles and they were big all of them. dont be down :hugs::hugs:

Sorry, I must wrote it wrong :)..actually one at each side, 22mm and the other one 16mm. My lining is 9.0.

Thats a good size for your follies! Especially with the trigger shot. Thats about what mine were too! F'Xd for you!!

Wishful think /Libby - 8/18 :thumbup: *only 6 more days*
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - 8/19 [-o< *7 days*
LiSa2010 - 8/19 :thumbup: *7 days*
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :thumbup: *7 days*
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *8 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *10 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *11 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *14 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *14 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *15 days*

Okay added peeps and updated!!! Next week is gonna get exciting!!!!! WAHOOO!

Hi PCOS, Lisa & snl, seeing as u all are only one day behind me, how are u all feeling??? Have u done any hpts yet??? It's getting close now and I'm getting sooooooooo nervous. Fingers crossed for BFPs :dust:
im feeling ok. been mild crampyness here and there but other then that ok. strange today my gums started bleeding which never do, nad with DD its the ONLY SIGN I HAD! go figure weird but true. I have not tested and will not till at least wed or thurs. i go for hcg test friday I am psyched to see this out come. will be so down if its not what I want ...

Hi everyone, Can I join your thread?
I'm looking for some advice or to hear your stories as to when you began the IVF process.

Currently I am on my 16th cycle of TTC with PCOS. My husband's sperm analysis was normal except for he had low morphology.

This is my 5th cycle with the help of fertility meds. I have completed 4 cycles with clomid 100 mg/ ovidrel trigger shot and timed intercourse. This cycle I am on 150 mg of clomid w/ ovidrel trigger and I just had my 2nd IUI.
I had a few follicles.. I think the numbers were 18, 17, 15, 15 two days prior to the actual IUI. My husband's count for this IUI post wash was 14 million, last time it was only 5 million and I had only 1 follicle. I'm still praying that this could be it for us, but I have a few more days to test and no symptoms except AF like cramping.

If this cycle doesn't work... when should I start to consider IVF? How many IUI's do people normally try before moving on to IVF? My doctor said 3 when we first met, but then the other day he told me that some insurance companies make you do 3 cycles of IUI on injectible meds before moving onto IVF, and I haven't even started the injectible meds yet.

I am supposed to start injectible meds, follistm, next cycle if this one doesn't work. My insurance however, does not say that I have to have a certain number of IUI's before moving on to IVF, so basically I could start the IVF process now if I wanted to. I'm just not sure if I should yet. I get up to four IVF processes in a lifetime covered by insurance, and an unlimited number of IUI's.

Do you think I should continue with IUI's for several more months before moving on to IVF? I'm currently 31 years old. I just had an HSG test done and the results were normal, no blockage. Any advice or input would be much appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

:wave: Hey Frankie! I'm 31 as well, and my RE says the same about needing 3 IUIs before insurance will cover IVF. Luckily for me ( I guess) he started me on injectables immediately. So I'm going to do the three IUIs then move on.

Three or four is probably a good number from the statistics I've seen. I think some do more if they don't have IVF coverage OR just being uncomfortable with the IVF process. :shrug:

Thanks squirrel girl! I never had side effects with 100 mg of clomid, but with 150 mg of clomid I've def. had some hot flashes and cramping.

How are the side effects with the injectible meds, and how many days do you have to inject yourself in a row? Do you get bruising?

Thanks!

I was only on 75 of Follistim, and from what I've heard, that's about as low as you can go. I did have a lot of headaches, but BC also always gave me migraines, so I was pretty sure the hormones were going to cause some issue with headaches. I also had some nausea, though no hot flashes. It wasn't unbearable, but not exactly fun either.

No, I don't think I had any bruises. The Follistim pen needle is super teeny tiny. You won't even feel it go in. I would feel the medicine if hubby pushed it in too fast, but if he went slowly, I couldn't feel a thing.

As far as how many days... they monitor your follicle size. I think I started out doing it for 7 days, went in for a scan, and then went back every other day til they were big enough. I believe it ended up being 10 days of injecting, then the ovidrel shot then the IUI the next day. But it all depends on how fast or slow the follies grow. I believe they monitor you much more closely on injectibles than they do on Clomid -- though I never took Clomid so can't say for sure....

Were your cysts formed as a result of the meds? I've heard that can happen from injectibles.

welcome lochbride! good luck, fxed you get your bfp!

wishful, Ive had sore breasts since 2 or 3dpo, non-stop cramping since yesterday morning, I had twinges this morning, creamy cm today, vvvvvery gassy. I dont want to read too much into my symptoms though.... :hugs:

hockey, good luck on Monday!

rona/snl fxed for you!!!

frankie, welcome! Im a little older than you and if it were me and I had that insurance, I would probably do 3iuis then move on to IVF but its what feels right to you.... I hope this iui is your bfp cycle and you dont have to worry about ivf :hugs: :hugs:

:hi: squirrel!

:hi: Mandy, can you change my testing date to Aug 17th.... I will now be the first to test yipeee lol.....

:hi: everyone!!!! hope you're enjoying your weekend!! :hugs:

Yes, the cysts are from the left over follicles after ovulation, according to the lady who did my scan. :shrug:

Wishful think /Libby - 8/18 :thumbup: *only 6 more days*
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - 8/19 [-o< *7 days*
LiSa2010 - 8/19 :thumbup: *7 days*
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :thumbup: *7 days*
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *8 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *10 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *11 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *14 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *14 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *15 days*

Okay added peeps and updated!!! Next week is gonna get exciting!!!!! WAHOOO!

Hi, Please add me, officialy due to test on the 29/8. Cheers

LiSa2010 - 8/16 :thumbup: *3 days*
Wishful think /Libby - 8/18 :thumbup: *5 days*
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - 8/19 [-o< *6 days*
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :thumbup: *6 days*
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *7 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *9 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *10 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *13 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *13 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *14 days*
Rags - 8/29 :thumbup: *16 days*

Anyone else??? I'm trying to stay on top of my game :)

Thanks for keeping track, Mandy -- I hope we have a bunch of BFPs on that list! :dust:

I had my ultrasound today....only 1 follicle...so I am bummed.....trigger tonight.....IUI is scheduled for Monday at 8:30am...so my test date is August 31st....

My lining is good and the follicle is 21.8mm....here's to hoping it works and looking forward seeing lots of BFP here soon....it's exciting seeing that so many are in the 2ww....

(on a side note...I did try to go buy some $$ tree preg. tests, but couldn't find any....I guess I am going to order some online...want to see the hcg shot leave my system this time)

Just thought I would post my trigger shot progress ... maybe it will be help to other peeps. I am 8DPIUI and have tested every day since my HCG trigger shot :)

Pink handle are Wondfo
Blue handle are Early-Pregnancy-Test.com

Yes I test with 2 tests every day .... why? Cause I'm crazy like that! HAHA!

Attachments

• IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
Tomorrow is a big day for our group! Best of luck to LittleBird and Hoping4Baby2 - I'll be sending lots of :dust: your way. Let us know how it goes!

I love the video, squirrel!! That was too funny.

What does everyone do for a living? I teach high school and our first day of class is Monday already! I don't know what happened to the summer, but I'm hoping the fact that I'll be back at work will make my next 2WW go by a lot faster.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

I work for a large pharmaceutical / biotechnology company in the area of regulatory affairs .... essentially I deal with Health Canada (our version of FDA) to get new products approved, approvals for clinical trials, approvals for changes to already approved products etc. While I don't have my summers off I can't believe that summer is almost gone! We have so little warm summer weather in Toronto that it seems like it barely gets started and it is sadly leaving! We are already at cooler evenings and mornings!!

What subjects to do you teach?

This year I'm teaching economics and U.S. Government - I know, thrilling, huh? :haha: I really enjoy it, though - the students are great and I'm at a pretty good school.

Hey, Fallen, nice to see another education major here! Do you ever miss teaching?

I live in AZ, so hot weather is something we have in great supply! I wouldn't mind if it cooled down a little bit, but 80-85 degrees is our low these days. It will start cooling off in October!!

I'm getting nervous about my u/s Monday. I just have a bad feeling about this cycle and it will be my last try for this year. I've got a lap scheduled for Sept 8, and then after that I don't want to try again until next July because I want to have my summer for mat leave. So, I really, really want this cycle to work but that stupid cyst has me all worried. I need an attitude adjustment badly!!

Hope everyone in the 2WW is doing well. Can't wait to start seeing those BFPs roll in!

I like to join this thread...as they give me some insight on what to expect.
I will be doing IUI on the 25th so I'll be testing September.

I'm on C3 on clomid 100mg (2nd day).
I will also do accupuncture tommorrow, hoping it will help as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->