IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Hey girls, quick question....

The day of your IUI, after submitting the semen how long does it take until they do the actual IUI?

Depends on your clinic policy but our samples have to be dropped off between 7 and 8am and then the IUI take place around 10:30am

Hi everyone, Can I join your thread?
I'm looking for some advice or to hear your stories as to when you began the IVF process.

Currently I am on my 16th cycle of TTC with PCOS. My husband's sperm analysis was normal except for he had low morphology.

This is my 5th cycle with the help of fertility meds. I have completed 4 cycles with clomid 100 mg/ ovidrel trigger shot and timed intercourse. This cycle I am on 150 mg of clomid w/ ovidrel trigger and I just had my 2nd IUI.
I had a few follicles.. I think the numbers were 18, 17, 15, 15 two days prior to the actual IUI. My husband's count for this IUI post wash was 14 million, last time it was only 5 million and I had only 1 follicle. I'm still praying that this could be it for us, but I have a few more days to test and no symptoms except AF like cramping.

If this cycle doesn't work... when should I start to consider IVF? How many IUI's do people normally try before moving on to IVF? My doctor said 3 when we first met, but then the other day he told me that some insurance companies make you do 3 cycles of IUI on injectible meds before moving onto IVF, and I haven't even started the injectible meds yet.

I am supposed to start injectible meds, follistm, next cycle if this one doesn't work. My insurance however, does not say that I have to have a certain number of IUI's before moving on to IVF, so basically I could start the IVF process now if I wanted to. I'm just not sure if I should yet. I get up to four IVF processes in a lifetime covered by insurance, and an unlimited number of IUI's.

Do you think I should continue with IUI's for several more months before moving on to IVF? I'm currently 31 years old. I just had an HSG test done and the results were normal, no blockage. Any advice or input would be much appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Hi Frankie, just wanted to respond because we were in the same boat as you recently. We did 3 IUIs on clomid and thenn did a 4th on injectibles. Our FS said that after 3 your chances of it working go way down but we weren't quite ready for IVF yet. But after the 4th one failed we were ready and I am just in the process of starting my IVF cycle. IVF is a big deal financially and emotionally and I think that if you are ready and at peace with it all mentally you chances are better. Good luck to you :hugs:

So question for you wonderful ladies. This month was our 3rd IUI ... obviously next IUI would be our 4th. As you said Harvest, the success rates of IUI go down dramatically after the 3rd IUI.

Here is my question ... Is this still true if 1 of the 3 IUI's worked but I miscarried? Are my success rates still low for the 4th IUI??

I am switching clinics this month, so I am going to bring in a huge note pad of questions to ask the new doctor. But until then, I wanted to get your input!

Thanks!

So question for you wonderful ladies. This month was our 3rd IUI ... obviously next IUI would be our 4th. As you said Harvest, the success rates of IUI go down dramatically after the 3rd IUI.

Here is my question ... Is this still true if 1 of the 3 IUI's worked but I miscarried? Are my success rates still low for the 4th IUI??

I am switching clinics this month, so I am going to bring in a huge note pad of questions to ask the new doctor. But until then, I wanted to get your input!

Thanks!

I would count the IUI that resulted in miscarraige as one that worked, plus you already know that IUI does work for you from before so I think that your situation is a little different. I would try a 4th if I was you lady :thumbup: For us, we are unexplained so IVF will give us some answers as to what is maybe going wrong especially since I have never been preggo!

Going to agree with HARVEST, count that as one that worked.

Also going to have to agree with SPRINGY, don't upset your system and nerves testing at 7/8 DPO, and if you have POAS syndrome, and you test, keep in mind if/when you see a bfn, that it is just soooo early! GL, I hope we start to see some BFPs in the nest few days!

Thanks for updating MANDY, and also, PMT coming your way.... NO AF=good sign!! You're not exactly out because you "feel" sysmptoms, the two mirror each other in sooo many ways.... GL :dust:

OH, and it is 1 hour for us!!!

LiSa2010 - 8/17 :thumbup: *2 days*
Wishful think /Libby - 8/18 :thumbup: *3 days*
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - 8/19 [-o< *4 days* (I'm sure I'm out, period symptoms hit)
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :thumbup: *4 days*
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *5 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *7 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *8 days*
Lochbride - 8/25 8/23 :thumbup: *8 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *11 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *11 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *12 days*
Rags - 8/29 :thumbup: *14 days*

Updated for ya'all!

Can I be added, please? I had my IUI this morning...my test date is August 31.

YAY, got a test date SWEETPEA, good! GL FXD, :dust:

Hi girls well had an awful night last night. Just couldnt stop crying. Has anyone else been having cramps like af???? Today is worse and now i have pains in my lower back. Did a test this morning and it was a BFN. I know it's early. Feeling less positive by the hour though :( And to make it harder my best friend just went iinto labour today. Our babies should have been born 2 weeks apart but I lost my little one. Why is the universe against me :( Sorry, just feeling sad for myself

I had bad cramps with my first IUI....and my back hurt too. I drove myself nuts with any and all symptoms....I'm sorry your having a tough time...

Hang in there! I know its hard sometimes....but try to take one day at a time.

RONA, welcome :wave: can I tell you, that the determination of your hubby was GREAT! GL, welcome to the TWW! :dust:

Good Luck today HOCKEY and SWEETPEA! :dust:

LOCHBRDIE, FRANKIE & ONELUV :wave: welcome to the thread!

MANDY Can I just say, you are definitely on your game, no worries! Are you planning on changing the days count like midday on Mondays or Sundays? Not sure when the week should change for everyone....

AFM, I am 8DPO and getting more nervous. Not sure why, can only be attributed to the fact that I have had strong cramping for about 2-3 days and my right abdomen is achey... I don't remember AF that much, so I am not sure WHAT to think, onset or IB, or just Preg! I think I am not even thinking about "symptoms" because of the cramps. FXD no site of AF today, and that I am one day closer to that :bfp:

I hope you all had a GREAT weekend! I am not sure if we were all able to hold out as next week gets closer, it is really early, but if you weren't any good news?

Sending out EXTRA :dust: to the thread as we start our week, the LAST week in the TWW!!! :dust: those that are starting the TWW and those that are beginning TTC and those testing!!!

Thanks so much MrsMM24....

My IUI was this morning and so far I am feeling a little crampy.....this time around the sperm count went down...it was 5 million and the motility was 40%...doctor was happy with it though....one good thing is the rating of the sperm went up.....so that was good. I am now in the 2ww....:happydance:

Your symptoms of cramping make think of implantation cramps. Good luck to you! Hope to see lots of BFP here soon!!

PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - 8/19 :thumbup: *4 days*
Sweatpea70 - 8/31 :thumbup: *16 days*

Updated

Mandy, I am in a similar situation as you. This last round was my 4th IUI; I miscarried after the 2nd one and with the 3rd one I didn't respond to my meds and didn't get a mature follie (the biggest was only 16 mm at trigger) but did the IUI anyway because I had already sunk so much into it. Before this last IUI, I had asked my doctor about the likelihood of success at this point and had wanted to move on to injectibles at least, but he told me that when we really looked at it, out of my 1st 3 cycles of IUI, I got pregnant on the only cycle where I had a fully mature follie at trigger (with my 1st IUI, my follie was just under 20 mm when I got the LH surge on my own, and my clinic considers mature for women on clomid to be at least 20 mm and won't trigger you at less than 20 mm unless you are starting the LH surge on your own). He basically felt that the fact that the 1st and 3rd IUIs were not successful could be attributed more to the fact that my response to the clomid was not the best, than saying that IUI won't work for me. So bottom line, I think that the fact that you have gotten pregnant from IUI is a better predictor of success. I would bet that the #s showing that the success rates for IUI decrease after 3 are in women that didn't get pregnant with the 1st 3 IUIs, as opposed to women like us who got pregnant and miscarried. I definitely consider my 2nd IUI a success, because the miscarriage had nothing to do with the IUI. If only IUIs would help getting that bean to stick! :hugs:

Updated

YEA! Thank you for adding me! :happydance: Come on BFP's!! This is getting exciting around here! Now I need my delivery of pregnancy test so I can join in the on poas..LOL...I ordered some the other day after seeing where got yours....Couldn't pass up the deal. LOL

Updated

YEA! Thank you for adding me! :happydance: Come on BFP's!! This is getting exciting around here! Now I need my delivery of pregnancy test so I can join in the on poas..LOL...I ordered some the other day after seeing where got yours....Couldn't pass up the deal. LOL

add me please....my IUI is tomorrow....

will be testing september 1 in Portugal! hopefully I can update my chart over there....or come on in here just for a quick update

I think I will wait for AF to be due this cycle...no POAS! wanna concentrate on my trip and finishing things at work so I can have three weeks of nothing but relaxation and tranquility! heaven knows I need it....I am emotionally and physically exhausted!

good luck to all the ladies! I want you all in the first trimester when I return in mid september.... :dust: