IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

:witch: arrived 3 days early. Apparently my clinic had my IUI timed all wrong. In my life I have never had a 26 day cycle...never :cry:

I'm defeated, crushed and totally broken hearted. :cry:

Mandy, my heart is broken for you! :cry:

Haven't gotten to the end, but before I forget.....

SNL -- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Touch --- I definitely get nausea on BC. Nothing like having PMS AND Morning Sickness symptoms all at the same time. It's a thrill a minute! Not too much longer, though!! :hugs:

PCOS -- :hugs: What do you mean that they had it timed all wrong? It's hard to keep up with each person's situation, so my apologies for not remembering. Were you being monitored? Did you do a trigger shot?

PCOS -- :hugs: What do you mean that they had it timed all wrong? It's hard to keep up with each person's situation, so my apologies for not remembering. Were you being monitored? Did you do a trigger shot?

Ya, they were monitoring and I did do a trigger shot but I am pretty sure I ovulated prior to the trigger shot.

My follies were like 14 on a Monday ... they waited till wednesday for another ultrasound and they were 22, they had me trigger then do the IUI 2 days later. My follies would have been WAY too big by then. I'm sure I ovulated Wednesday night! :growlmad:

ah, yeah that does sound like they waited too long. :hugs: That sucks so badly when it takes so much mentally and physically to get through a cycle. FX'd for your next cycle!

Ya, they were monitoring and I did do a trigger shot but I am pretty sure I ovulated prior to the trigger shot.

My follies were like 14 on a Monday ... they waited till wednesday for another ultrasound and they were 22, they had me trigger then do the IUI 2 days later. My follies would have been WAY too big by then. I'm sure I ovulated Wednesday night! :growlmad:

so sorry.....they really messed things up...did you have bloodwork to check estrogen and LH?

at my clinic they do ultrasound and bloodwork starting day 10...they wait for follie to be at least 20 mm and then they do trigger shot regardless of natural LH surge...they check lining and estrogen and if all good IUI is 24 hrs after trigger shot...

snl that is so exciting!! I am so happy for you. Congratulations - hope you have a happy and healthy nine months.

Mandy, so sorry about AF. Will you be trying again in September? It sounds like you might need to chat with them about the timing.

Everyone else in the 2WW - how's it going? I hope snl is just the start of a trend on this board.

AFM, I am 1dpiui - only 13 to go! The IUI went really well yesterday, and the donor's sperm count was 23 mill with 50% motility so hopefully it works this time. I'm pretty sure I ovulated last night and the IUI was 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Sending everyone lots of :dust: :dust:

Yeah, if you had big follies and were already starting to ovulate yourself, it wouldn't have taken much time for the trigger to push it over the edge.

so sorry.....they really messed things up...did you have bloodwork to check estrogen and LH?

at my clinic they do ultrasound and bloodwork starting day 10...they wait for follie to be at least 20 mm and then they do trigger shot regardless of natural LH surge...they check lining and estrogen and if all good IUI is 24 hrs after trigger shot...

Thank you for reminding me ... no, my clinic doesn't check for that ... but I am going to talk to them on Friday...I want to bring that question up! What if my follicles are empty!! Only blood work would tell me that!!

My clinic doesn't do any bloodwork, just the super-fun transvaginal scans.... What about everyone else??

Yes, gotta love those transvaginal scans! I get those plus bloodwork, at least this cycle with Follistim. When I had Clomid cycles (no injections) they just went off the ultrasound.

If any one can think of any questions I should ask my clinic I Friday??

The only thing I do is CD3 ultrasound, CD10 ultrasound ... then IUI. Anything else besides Estrogen/LH levels being checked???

The only thing I do is CD3 ultrasound, CD10 ultrasound ... then IUI. Anything else besides Estrogen/LH levels being checked???

Mandy - my heart goes out to you! I know that you were so optimistic about this cycle and hoping that this one was your month. :hugs:

I will check exactly what they measure at my clinic, as I have a copy of all my blood work from my monitored cycles, but it is at the office so I'll check tomorrow and let you know. BUT I can tell you that I am in the same position as kissyfacelala.

I do a baseline blood work and CD 3 scan. Then I use the drugs and go back on CD 10 for bloodwork and another scan. The bloodwork / scans are repeated everyday till either they detect an LH surge in my blood or they determine the follicles are large enough and then they trigger regardless of what my blood work shows.

On CD 1 I call and book my CD 3 scan. Then while I am there on CD3 I book day 10 through 16 so that everything is set in place.

I know that at minimum on CD 3 they check your FSH and TSH levels. I'm sure there is other things they look for.

Just out of curiosity - how can they tell if your follicle is empty??

hmm, mine does a transvag scan on CD10 (7 days after starting meds). My last/first cycle, my follies were all small, so I started going back every other day until I had three over 16mm. Once I had ones at 19, 18 and 16 (I think) they gave me Ovidrel and then my IUI was the very next day. Only difference I'll have with this 2nd cycle is possibly taking Ganirelix if they want to hold off ovulation so that the follies can get bigger and/or accommodate their schedule (can you tell I find that realllly annoying? :) )

I'm also quite interested in hearing what everyone else is doing.

PCOSMom - First, I'm really sorry. There is nothing in this world that is quite like this kind of frustration and heart ache. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

My RE also has me start at CD10 with bloodwork and the ultrasound. The first cycle they had me come in CD10, CD11 and then CD12 (bloodwork & ultrasound each time) to confirm size, etc. I triggered CD12 @ 11 pm, had the IUI CD14 @ 11 am and then I did the CD21 progesterone bloodwork and then CD28 bloodwork to confirm pregnancy. I've been doing natural cycles up to trigger shot, then IUI and then we add in progesterone.

This cycle my main (and only, actually) follie was 17.4 at CD10, so they had me trigger that night. It seems REALLY early to me - I'm a clockwork 28 day cycle girl - but hey, 3+ years without a BFP, who am I to argue? LOL! But it still felt REALLY too soon. I only hope the trigger forced things along enough. I'm nervous b/c it was only one follie... we shall see. DH had 47 million count with 70% motility... here's hoping. I'm also doing acupuncture.

Ladies, update! Had my sonhysterogram today and they found that my uterus is filled with polyps! Crazy hey? maybe that is why I haven't been getting pregnant? Now I have to have a D&C over the next few days to remove them. YIKES! that is gonna hurt, apparently they put you under first though. Anyways nice to know that they found something and we may have our answer. Anyone else had this problem???

WOW ... that definitely could explain the "unexplained" part of your infertility! Could they not detect them via ultrasound?

After your D&C to get rid of the polyps will they suggest more IUI or continue with the IVF??

Hang in there .... hoping this explains things for you and that you can move forward from here!!!

I would ask for:
FSH and AMH just to be on the safe side..... this test for ovarian reserve
Ask why you werent being monitored as frequent becuz doing injections are a strong med..
ask why you werent tested for Estrogen/Progesterone levels at at least 5dpiui..
did you have any b/w done along w/the u/s? if not ask why....

if I think of any more, I'll let yu know.....

Mandy~ I'm so so sorry Honey!!! That sucks! I'd be asking why in the heck your clinic didn't do any bloodwork? Just like Springy asked, how do they know if you have any eggs in your follies? They need to check your estradiol for that and the only way they can check it is via bloodwork.

From CD1, I get bloodwork done every other day. If you would see my arms right now, they are black and blue from all the BW done in the past 2 weeks ](*,)

I would be really upset at them for screwing up the timing of my IUI.
Don't give up Mandy!!

Attachments

• IMG00035-20110817-2135.jpg
    IMG00035-20110817-2135.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member