IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

:witch: arrived 3 days early. Apparently my clinic had my IUI timed all wrong. In my life I have never had a 26 day cycle...never :cry:

I'm defeated, crushed and totally broken hearted. :cry:

BOO! So sorry PCOS, that witch clearly has her own agenda sometimes. Spend a day or two in the 'pool' but don't stay in there too long! Sending huge :hugs:

Wow ladies ... this is totally proving to me that my clinic is NOT on top of their game. I am bringing in a fat list!!!!!

PCOSMom - First, I'm really sorry. There is nothing in this world that is quite like this kind of frustration and heart ache. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

My RE also has me start at CD10 with bloodwork and the ultrasound. The first cycle they had me come in CD10, CD11 and then CD12 (bloodwork & ultrasound each time) to confirm size, etc. I triggered CD12 @ 11 pm, had the IUI CD14 @ 11 am and then I did the CD21 progesterone bloodwork and then CD28 bloodwork to confirm pregnancy. I've been doing natural cycles up to trigger shot, then IUI and then we add in progesterone.

This cycle my main (and only, actually) follie was 17.4 at CD10, so they had me trigger that night. It seems REALLY early to me - I'm a clockwork 28 day cycle girl - but hey, 3+ years without a BFP, who am I to argue? LOL! But it still felt REALLY too soon. I only hope the trigger forced things along enough. I'm nervous b/c it was only one follie... we shall see. DH had 47 million count with 70% motility... here's hoping. I'm also doing acupuncture.

I think a good trigger is when the follies are at 18 ... I think you are timed PERFECTLY! My silly doctor had me trigger at 22 ... that's insanity I think!

Ladies, update! Had my sonhysterogram today and they found that my uterus is filled with polyps! Crazy hey? maybe that is why I haven't been getting pregnant? Now I have to have a D&C over the next few days to remove them. YIKES! that is gonna hurt, apparently they put you under first though. Anyways nice to know that they found something and we may have our answer. Anyone else had this problem???

WOW ... that definitely could explain the "unexplained" part of your infertility! Could they not detect them via ultrasound?

After your D&C to get rid of the polyps will they suggest more IUI or continue with the IVF??

Hang in there .... hoping this explains things for you and that you can move forward from here!!!

They never saw them on the ultrasound so it was a bit of a shock! Not sure exactly what will happen now my FS was out of town and is back tomorrow so I will ask him if there is a change in plan or not. We will see. For now I am dreading that D&C! How are you doing???

Just out of curiosity - how can they tell if your follicle is empty??

I had never heard of this until this cycle. Apparently, they can tell by your estrogen levels how mature your follicles are. Although, with Femara, they tend to be much lower than with Clomid. I had four big follies, but very low estrogen, so FS said she wasn't concerned about the possibility of getting pregnant with multiples.

Pcos ~ super sorry girl. Hang in there. My clinic does the day 3 ultra sound then again on day 11. The only IUI I had I triggered that night and IUI on day13.

Snl ~ congrats!! So happy for you!

May I join for August?

Trying for my 4th IUI this month.

I'm on CD6 today and on NO meds. My sono yesterday showed 3 good follies at 8 each. I plan on taking the trigger though, once OPK is positive or sono shows 18 or bigger.

Next sono is on 08/23.

Baby Dust to all of you!!!

Congratulations snl, hope this rubs off on us 2wwers!
A big sorry to all the girls going through a bad time just now, sending lots of good vibes to all.
I'm now 8 dpiui and have been cramping like in a usual af cycle which sucks.
Cramping started about 3 days ago, off and on and hoped perhaps it could be implantation but it's so similar to usual cycles I'm freaking out. Good luck people, stay strong x

Hi Harvest, today I learn something new that they can check if we have polyps by sono. When I did my U/S last week, my Dr saw something but he said, he is not sure, only one and he said may be polyps but may be also the blood clot, and said he will check again for next month U/S. He straight away talking about lap...which can cost me $6000! But knowing we can check it with sono and cheaper, makes me feel better :). Good luck.

snl that is so exciting!! I am so happy for you. Congratulations - hope you have a happy and healthy nine months.

Mandy, so sorry about AF. Will you be trying again in September? It sounds like you might need to chat with them about the timing.

Everyone else in the 2WW - how's it going? I hope snl is just the start of a trend on this board.

AFM, I am 1dpiui - only 13 to go! The IUI went really well yesterday, and the donor's sperm count was 23 mill with 50% motility so hopefully it works this time. I'm pretty sure I ovulated last night and the IUI was 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Sending everyone lots of :dust: :dust:

A huge :hugs: to everyone who's been caught by the witch already and FX'd for everyone else.

How are all you other TWW's biding their time? I'm now 5dpiui and have been distracting myself by decorating at my mum's. I've caught myself eyeing up the only HPT I keep in the house on more than one occasion but have resisted temptation as I know it's way to early. The decorating is now almost finished so I think it will be long walks and window shopping over the next week or so to keep me sane.

Dang girls... I'm gone a few hours and miss a year's worth of information :haha:

This is my first IUI cycle and so far this is the schedule they are having me do:

Cd3 - FSH blood work (was supposed to be today but I forgot my lab slip so I'm doing it tomorrow CD4)
Cd3 - 7 100mg of Clomid
Cd 12 - Ultrasound + trigger shot
CD 14 - Planned IUI if ultrasound was good

I have a question for those of you in the USA... do you pay a co-pay every time you go into the fertiliy center? I know I don't have to pay for the FSH blood work because I'm getting it done at Quest Diagnostics, but what about the ultrasounds, and IUI appointments, especially if you're going in for three ultrasound in a row?

I was told that I have to pay my co-pay ($15) for my trigger shot, but other than that they haven't told me anything!

SNL ~ CONGRATS :hugs:

August, I had to pay a copay for every visit (consult, u/s, IUI) except bloodwork... I did the trigger myself at home... wasn't bad actually...

August, I think it depends on whether you have infertility coverage. I spoke to my insurance company earlier this year and I was under the impression that some things were covered, just not the actual fertility treatments. (I had been able to conceive, just kept having miscarriages. The last miscarriage was in April. According to my insurance company, you have to have a year without getting pregnant for them to cover infertility treatments.) I had been going into the FS office and just paying my co-pay every visit and then I paid for the IUI procedure the day of the IUI.

Well, apparently, the insurance company has decided that the doctor's visits are part of a treatment cycle -- so they've asked for money back from the doctor's office! Argh, it's a nightmare. So, I think it depends on a lot of things, just wanted to add my experience. I'm having a hate/hate relationship with the insurance company right now...

my insurance pays for infertility treatments, up to $20k in a lifetime. I've had a copay of about $50 per visit, but now my out of pocket max has been satisfied so everything is paid by insurance 100%. it's a relief!!

Hi Ladies,

CONGRATS to the new bfp!

:hugs: to those that have gotten a visit from the dread witch! GL on the next cycle.

I was sooo busy yesterday. I haven't been able to catch up on the thread so please forgive me for not addressing individually. I hope you are all well whatever stage of the TTC you are at.

AFM…
11DPO today, wow!! In shock I haven’t tested. :haha: I mean, besides the urge yesterday and using an OPK. The uncertainty I feel after seeing that and reading it could be a good sign andreading it has no relevance, stopped my POAS urge! No AF, so I am not trying to worry, because regardless of whether that was pos, I would still have to wait for AF to “get back in the chase,” so I am trying to remain relaxed, symptom spot, and pray!!! Current SSing: Day 2 of feeling a little sick (I felt a little sick (nauseous) this morning lasting 15 mins no vomit, mild cramping through the night, NO sore bbs (symptom I always get with both previous preg and AF)…. Certain MC has done something strange to my cycle, I am approaching what would have been the “normal” end to my LP (13days)

Going to have to go with my PMA: NO AF = one day closer to ….???

LiSa2010 - 8/20 :thumbup: *2 days*
Wishful think /Libby - :hugs:
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - :hugs:
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :bfp:
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *2 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *4 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *5 days*
Lochbride - 8/25 8/23 :thumbup: *5 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *8 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *8 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *9 days*
Rags - 8/29 :thumbup: *11 days*
azLissie - 8/30 :thumbup: *12 days*
Rona - 8/30 :thumbup: *12 days*
Sweatpea70 - 8/31 :thumbup: *13 days*
kissyfacelala 9/1 :thumbup: *14 days*

Good luck girls !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thankx girls, for all the responses...

I'm in New Jersey, which here there is a mandate to cover infertility treatments. I do get the impression that I have to pay my co-pay for the ultrasound and iui.

And I believe my trigget shot will be done at home, on my own... :cry: :haha:

My Grandmother is a diabetic and is an expert with needles and injections so I've gotten her to agree to give me my trigger shot, because I don't think I'm capable of giving it to myself, yet alone in the stomach area :haha:

Mrs.MM24 ~ I hope you get your BFP this month :hugs:

LiSa2010 - 8/17 :thumbup: *soon?*
Wishful think /Libby - :hugs:
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - :hugs:
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :bfp:
Michelle78 - 8/20 :thumbup: *2 days*
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *4 days*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *5 days*
Lochbride - 8/25 8/23 :thumbup: *5 days*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *8 days*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *8 days*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *9 days*