IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Good Morning Girls!!!

Well I just got back home after getting my FSH blood work done. They took three large tubes, one medium and two small... a total of SIX!!! :wacko: My arms feels a little weak but other than that I survived!!!! :haha:

I got my Clomid yesterday after raising hell at the pharmacy. For some reason they never sent my FS the prior approval form for the Clomid so therefore I had to pay full price for the 10 pills, costing me $36!!! I literally started crying on the phone as I told my husband. I had no choice but to buy them but I was just so upset that nothing has been working accordingly for me. I mean seriously, must I endure all of this? Why can't my husband just look at me and knock me up? :growlmad:

Anyway... let's get back on track here :haha:

So I took my first two pills last night :happydance: Now all I have to remember is to take them again today at the same time as yesterday :wacko:

Anyway... I'm started a webpage, where I plan on blogging. I'll give you all a link when it's ready and running.

So here's a picture of my arm, and the little dog in the corner is Samson, one of my Shelties. He and Delilah are 4 months old. Whenever I'm home Samson follows me everywhere, therefore getting in the picture of my arm, :haha:

Alright, I must get to work. Where I will no doubt be ob here catching up with you all! :hugs:

Attachments

• FSH Test 8-19.jpg
    FSH Test 8-19.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Puppies.jpg
    Puppies.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
I pay a co-pay of $25 each time I go to see my RE, so like some have already said before, it does add up at the end of the cycle.
I'm also grateful to have my meds covered by my insurance.

Roughly, each IUI cycle costs:

$150 for co-pays (5-6 visits)
$350 Daily Consultation Fee (Dr. charges for the daily "study" of my protocol, test results, scans, etc)
$260 for meds (Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone)
$225 for the IUI procedure

Grand Total of: $985

OMG, that is a lot. Do you go in for the Daily Consultations or are those over the phone?

Hello Ladies!

I'm just joining your wonderful group after reading your posts for a couple of days now. I'm TTC my second child using clomid and donor sperm.

Right now- I'm on CD 10 and had my first ultrasound this morning. Had two good follicles on one ovary and a small one on the other. Going back tomorrow for a repeat us and possibly a trigger shot for the IUI this weekend..

Am so excited, but nervous.. I only have two IUI vials and the donor is no longer active- and I'm REALLY hoping for a full sibling for my little one...

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for having me!!

USAMOM,

I'm right behing ya! :happydance: I'm on CD7 today and I too use donor sperm.

I'm trying for my 4th IUI this month. I get double IUI (consecutive days) just to make sure I cover a 48hr period at least.

How many IUIs before you got your BFP on your first child?

I was so lucky that I got pregnant with my first child on the very first try!! My IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm hoping for a repeat! Is this your first?

I had my second u/s this cycle and I have two mature follicles (size 20 and 18) on one ovary and a small one on the other side (size 14). This morning I triggered and have an IUI scheduled for tomorrow morning! So excited and hoping that it works! This is kind of stressful! :wacko:

Well, AF finally showed her face this morning after spotting for 10 days. GAH! Anyways, I go on Sunday morning for my baseline ultra-sound and officially start cycle #2.

Good luck and babydust to everyone! :)

I had my second u/s this cycle and I have two mature follicles (size 20 and 18) on one ovary and a small one on the other side (size 14). This morning I triggered and have an IUI scheduled for tomorrow morning! So excited and hoping that it works! This is kind of stressful! :wacko:

welcome and good luck sweety!!!!!! :hugs:

I pay a co-pay of $25 each time I go to see my RE, so like some have already said before, it does add up at the end of the cycle.
I'm also grateful to have my meds covered by my insurance.

Roughly, each IUI cycle costs:

$150 for co-pays (5-6 visits)
$350 Daily Consultation Fee (Dr. charges for the daily "study" of my protocol, test results, scans, etc)
$260 for meds (Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone)
$225 for the IUI procedure

Grand Total of: $985

OMG, that is a lot. Do you go in for the Daily Consultations or are those over the phone?

I should have been more specific about the daily consultation- he "consults" with his staff every day. Then decides the best course of action for my protocol. I must say, he is very thorough and he "controls" my body to a T. He's been in his field for 21 years, however, before that, he was a chemical engineer, so he knows all the magical concotions when it comes to fertility meds. In this area, he has some of the highest success rates for getting women pregnant.

TGIF Ladies!!

It's been a long week, emotionally and physically! I'm ready for this IUI to happen! I've had my fill of bloodwork and scans for a while.
So I went in today for my last bloodwork and scan before the IUI. I have 16 mature follies, so we are just waiting for the estradiol level to come back from the lab. Yesterday, it was at 1300, with 13 mature follies, so that means there's a potential of 4 follies with an egg :)
Unless something really off the wall would come back from my blood results, we are definitely triggering tonight for a scheduled IUI on Sunday morning. :thumbup:

usamom~ Welcome to the Group!! You and I will be 2WW buddies :) Good Luck with your IUI tomorrow!

adroplet~ A warm Welcome to you as well! Best of Luck with this round! I hope the 4th one is a charm!!

snl~ I'm sure you are still on :cloud9: girl!!! Yay!! I will be stalking your journal!

august luvrs~ Your puppies are so darn CUTE!!!!! I love the names you gave them! Very original!!

caphybear~ I'm sorry about AF showing up Sweetie!! Remain positive!! xoxoxxo

:wave: to everyone else!!!

So sorry Mandi! :hugs: However, I think that your positive attitude and ability to still have us laught, will carry you right through to a bfp next cycle! :dust:

:wave: USAMOM, welcome! Things sound good your waym I hope that means you will have a bfp really soon. Good Luck tomorrow at your appt, take some :dust: along!

SQUIRREL, I pay the exact same co-pay as you each time I go, and $15 for the blood preg test they need to move forward after the TWW.

AUGUST, I hope the bloods that were taken give some insight and prove informative. GL

FALLEN, your cost lost mirrors ours except, we only have 2 consults, and ADD 2 vials of sperm!

CAPHY, GREAT! I hope cycle #2 gives you that bfp!!!

I am 12DPO Hard not to test today, but we want to be sure and closer to my wife’s b-day is great. They require 14 days after before we can come in anyway. I am trying to remain relaxed, symptom spot, and pray!!! Current SSing: increased creamy CM, bbs tingling every now and then (symptom I always get with both previous preg and AF is SORE)…. My appetite was large last night and I was ready to eat this morning as well. I have no other real symptoms though so I am just WAITING… :wacko:

*My PMA: NO AF = one day closer to ???*

:dust: to the thread, I hope you all have a great weekend.

blood work is perfect

my levels are perfect first sonogram in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallen Ambers-- oh good luck on Sunday! How exciting to find someone on almost the exact same schedule as me!

Hi ladies! Just got my results from my progesterone bloodwork and it was a 16 - apparently they said this was a good number since I'm on a 'natural' cycle - no meds, just trigger and progesterone supps. Oh I hope, hope, hope, hope this is the month.

Last month I felt ALL KINDS of symptoms, so far this month i have slightly sore BBs, a LOT of blue veins (showed up at 5 DPIUI) that are very noticeable throughout BBs and up through my shoulder - kind of freaked me out how dark they were! I'm fair to start, but this was CRAZY! And my nipples seem bigger to me. (sorry for TMI) DH thought so too. Hmmmm....

Ahhhh! I really make myself nuts these 2WWs. Monday I'll be 10 DPIUI... I don't know that I'll make it to Friday, the 26th to wait to test. I have no willpower. :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Lisa - good luck testing tomorrow! FX for your BFP!!!

Fallen - good luck with your IUI Sunday!

MrsMM - I REALLY admire your willpower! 12 DPO I'd be POAS like crazy! LOL! I hope this is your BFP! What a great birthday gift!

Adroplet & USAMom - Welcome!!!

August - your puppies are adorable! My first child, my "puppy" is a 9 year old, 12 pound Maltese named Alfredo. We call him Fredo for short. He's stubborn, always has to have the last word (or bark) and thinks he's a Great Dane - but he is my furbaby, makes me smile, and he snuggles into me all the time and is snoring away at my feet right now. Love, love, love him. :)

Littlebird - Hi there 2ww buddy! Are you symptom spotting? Next Friday can't get here soon enough!!!

I have been doing a little symptom spotting -- but I'm not really feeling much at this point. :)

I agree -- it will be good to know, one way or another. Friday, here we come!

Update on my RE consultation today ...
It's a long post so it's easier to attach my journal posting ....
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/578776-just-waiting-bean-stick-ttc-2-a-123.html

Hopefully testing around 9/10'ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->